New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I seriously believe that NJT is getting NABIs up to at least 64XX. They have to replace CUSA ONE's Novas which are in bad shape, and Hilton still has their RTS fleet. But I don't think they'll replace those right away.

AFAIK no options (if there are any) have been exercised except for whatever ones that brought the order into the 6300s. The CUSA units can be replaced by the NJT rehabbed RTS', plenty are still around and I'm sure the ones in storage by Meadowlands can easily re-enter service. As for Hilton and Orange and whoever else might still have rehabbed units they could get Clever Devices and stay in service, or they could (like I've thought about before) take the PBLs' NABIs and send them the rehabbed RTS in exchange. There's plenty of rehabbed units to go around, only question is will the NABIs at the PBLs right now be enough to replace all the remaining RTS running with NJT.

I was researching Long Beach Island which seems to be a popular summer hotspot, but am quite surprised NJ Transit doesn't have any buses going there. You'd have to get off the 559 and walk down 72 a long ways across 2 bridges and through the middle of nowhere. Surprising, considering these buses would be well patronized if they ran summer weekends.

Just a little insight on the Clever Devices turn warning system for anyone who's curioslus as to how it works, I know there's been some debate. An "optical sensor" detects when the bus is turning and plays the announcement on the external speaker.

http://www.cleverdevices.com/pedestrian-warning.htm

Posted this in the NICE random thoughts thread as well.

I was researching Long Beach Island which seems to be a popular summer hotspot, but am quite surprised NJ Transit doesn't have any buses going there. You'd have to get off the 559 and walk down 72 a long ways across 2 bridges and through the middle of nowhere. Surprising, considering these buses would be well patronized if they ran summer weekends.

wanna see oceanride's LBI schedule? SPOILER WARNING: IT's complete shit!!!!!!!

http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/transportation/TransportationRouteLinkPage.aspx

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Tuesdays only, geesh! How do they get away with such crappy service, especially considering how built up the whole Stafford/Ocean Acres/LBI area is...???

Edited by PinePower

Tuesdays only, geesh! How do they get away with such crappy service, especially considering how built up the whole Stafford/Ocean Acres/LBI area is...???

Well you can't wonder why Toms River park & ride stays filled with cars, that's for sure.....

pfft, oceanride is basically an extended shuttle bus network....

Rail News: New  :njt:  smartphone app to purchase rail tickets only available on the Pascack Valley Line and Meadowlands Rail Line (event days only)

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MobileTicketingTo

318851_452092751537667_1298054903_n.jpg

Grammar fail lol.

Buts that's actually a pretty good idea.

whats the garage name that is at the doorstep of the Lincoln tunnel?

It's just a storage lot for buses going to the PABT to park in before going to the city or after they've completed a run. It's just called the Weehawken Lot IIRC, that's what buses going up there have on their signs "WEEHAWKEN LOT-NO PASSENGERS".

It's just a storage lot for buses going to the PABT to park in before going to the city or after they've completed a run. It's just called the Weehawken Lot IIRC, that's what buses going up there have on their signs "WEEHAWKEN LOT-NO PASSENGERS".

where do the bus drivers go when their bus is parked at Weehawken? like, if they are from Howell and Wayne?