New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those buses are buses that they dont want to find parts for so they park them.

Its more of they dont wana waste time finding parts for them.

So they can't afford ordering parts? WTH NJT?!?! No budget for maintenance??

So they can't afford ordering parts? WTH NJT?!?! No budget for maintenance??

Basically. They dont want to give mechanics overtime. Sad thing is Academy find these exact parts for the state buses with no issue. Ever notice how little Academy state buses break down?

Basically. They dont want to give mechanics overtime. Sad thing is Academy find these exact parts for the state buses with no issue. Ever notice how little Academy state buses break down?

I praise Academy for that, being a diesel mechanic for the Army. They take good care of their fleet. Its somewhat embarrassing for a private carrier to outsource NJT for vehicle parts...

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between the Hudson Bergen LightRail and Newark LightRail?

Counties, for one. Hudson-Bergen meaning Bergen County and Hudson County and Newark Light Rail in Essex County is actually the Newark City Subway.

Counties, for one. Hudson-Bergen meaning Bergen County and Hudson County and Newark Light Rail in Essex County is actually the Newark City Subway.

Not to mention the fact that the HBLR doesn't actually service Bergen County [yet] but that's a whole other discussion; -)

Newark Light Rail used to be called the Newark City Subway.

I think boycotting service is a bit unnecessary.

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2015/07/nj_transit_boycott_urged_by_social_media_campaign.html#comments

These "transit advocates" need to chill out.

I agree. While service may not be the best, there are places that can be improved. However, there are things that can't be done.because of unpredictability or other factors. I believe most, if not all the NEC and the lines coming into Penn are owned by AMTRAK, and that's where priority comes into play. It's their tracks, so they have the right to prioritize AMTRAK Trains. If it can be adjusted, then maybe a schedule change would be of help. However, boycotting is not going to help. Fare hikes are inevitable because of everyday inflation.