New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if anyone is keeping an eye, but not all the buses that have been retired have been scrapped or could be still sitting at the graveyard lot next to Meadowlands garage. I found a lot off of 1&9 in North Bergen (near the NEC tracks) that has a lot of the MCIs, one or two Novas, and the Designline coaches are at

552; After the last bus leaves cape may at 125 it runs 24hrs to cape may from ac.

553 has a 2hr gap from 1250am-239am leaving upper deerfield but runs 24hrs from ac every hr after 840pm until 940am then starts the 26min headways.

139 had a 2hr gap from lakewood but runs 24hrs from ny but isnt offically 24hrs due to the fact Academy runs start up from lakewood in the am.

These routes are 24hrs officially even with the 2hr gap. Eht is the only garage that operates offical 24hr service along with wayne with the 190.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

The 190 is 24hr and so is the 166, sort of.  Even with a two hour gap between certain overnight trips, there's always a bus running on the 166.  Just the other night, as I was doing my last trip on Run 28 at about 2-something in the am, I passed Run 1 making its first trip for that day.  

Observing myBus now:

What's the story in South Jersey ( Newton Avenue and Washington Twp)?

5931 is on the 317, Yes a NABI going all the way out to Asbury Park

5926 is on the 409 all the way to Trenton

Meanwhile one of Newton Avenue's MCIs (7543) is on the 406. And on a Saturday?? I don't understand why.  Yet during the week, Washington Twp will still use on of their NABIs on the 406, 410 and 412.   I know they still  borrow buses from Camden during the week sometimes and I can even understand an NABI on the 317 or 409 during the week but on a Saturday?? 

It seems like both garages our short buses now despite Washington Twp getting nearly all of their buses back from Howell at the beginning of this year.

So I hear that roughly 31 or so CNGs at Howell are out of service due to lack of maintenance. Which has led to them yanking buses from Weehawken and the lot(s) in Manhattan along with ops doing OT from other garages. Yeesh.

Edited by Cait Sith