New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

D4500CTCNG had an accident in Weehawken with a (big surprise) NYC Taxi van that tried to turn right inside of the bus that was making a right turn. This is why we can't have nice things....

It was 7252. That messed up traffic on Park, which was made worse by the Yo! Bus that broke down by the merge.

D4500CTCNG had an accident in Weehawken with a (big surprise) NYC Taxi van that tried to turn right inside of the bus that was making a right turn. This is why we can't have nice things....

It was 7252. That messed up traffic on Park, which was made worse by the Yo! Bus that broke down by the merge.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well another CRAPI bites the bullet. Bus #6348 hits a tree during a run on the 37 en route to Irvington/Ivy Hill. And by judging the damage on it, it's a possible write off. Keep in mind I said possible, don't want to get jumped saying that it ain't.

Well another CRAPI bites the bullet. Bus #6348 hits a tree during a run on the 37 en route to Irvington/Ivy Hill. And by judging the damage on it, it's a possible write off. Keep in mind I said possible, don't want to get jumped saying that it ain't.

I saw it last night on the news...It is badly damaged...

"Yeah I saw pics of that incident on the #37. 6438 is DONE.

Is there a count of how many NABIs got into bad accidents/got put out of service? Seems like a LOT

A couple of weeks ago, a Coach USA NABI crashed into a Bank of America in Orange.

Then there was the one that crashed into the building in Newark.

I Don't remember the bus #s from either incident.

Most were fixed. I wonder if 5755 was fixed from that head on with that 15 passenger van in Newark ? Maybe 2 or 3 are junk not too many.

Don't quote me on this but I thought I read on this page that 5755 was repaired and back in service

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the X17J, about to enter the Lincoln Tunnel, when the NJT bus in front of us got into an accident. Somebody tried to cut the NJT bus off (going around the cones separating the lanes) and realized his mistake. I thought nothing was going to happen, but I we saw the guy's front bumper get torn off and some fluid come out of the car. Thankfully, nobody seemed hurt, but that car really got messed up.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I was on the X17J, about to enter the Lincoln Tunnel, when the NJT bus in front of us got into an accident. Somebody tried to cut the NJT bus off (going around the cones separating the lanes) and realized his mistake. I thought nothing was going to happen, but I we saw the guy's front bumper get torn off and some fluid come out of the car. Thankfully, nobody seemed hurt, but that car really got messed up.

Unbelievable

Man that's a super LONG route. ..almost 4 hours of headway. ..that would mean a nominal driver would conclude its work day making the 317 route roundtrip (8 hours)

Nearly $10 between Philadelphia and Ashbury Park kind of expensive but is Jersey. ..if im not mistaken given the long headway and cost...i would assume this route is longer than the s92 although the latter is very long but at a bargain price of. $2.25

But thanks for the note

• 1 month later...

Prolly the 119. We don't even get suburban NABIs to do the route with.

The NY-Bayonne route? Doubt it...

He might be talking about the non NYC-Philadelphia buses

I would say 59 from Newark to Dunellen, or if it's still around, the 95 from Newark to Watchung

I was thinking of the #815 or the #817, but you.... may have just gotten it...

Wasn't even thinking of that route (59).... Good call..... I've actually fanned that route full (towards Elizabeth) & the ride was around 2 hrs.... A slow 2 hours, if you know what I mean....

The #95 I've actually never heard of.....

I would also nominate the old 62 before it got split off. Just think from Newark to Perth Amboy on a weekday

That would have been my guess (had it not been split)......

How's the #48 doing these days anyway? I miss fanning the full (old) #62, but splitting that route more or less had to be done.....

Wasn't even thinking of that route (59).... Good call..... I've actually fanned that route full (towards Elizabeth) & the ride was around 2 hrs.... A slow 2 hours, if you know what I mean....

How's the #48 doing these days anyway? I miss fanning the full (old) #62, but splitting that route more or less had to be done.....

Haven't been on the 48 since the split of the 62. Now that I have family living in Linden (57 route segment) I have commuted to Elizabeth and seen the 48 in action and so far only seen that bus mostly empty with people going to Rahway the most. Haven't ventured into Woodbridge or Perth Amboy to even see how's it like.

The #95 route is the newest, temporary route that is suppose to help with the Pulaski Skyway project. Since there is no traffic northbound since it's closed, NJT decided to make the route in conjunction with NJ DOT, it's runs to/from the Watchung Park-n-Ride to Newark Penn Station.

Edited by go25

Now that you mentioned it, I actually forgot about the private lines (Academy, Veolia, etc.)

The 95 (if it is still operating) came into being due in large part to the closure of the Northbound Pulaski Skyway roadway. They brought back some of the retired RTS NovaBuses to operate it

Last time I rode it the whole way, it was crowded until it got near Elizabeth. 

Wait, so you rode it from the Perth (as I call it) or from Woodbridge mall?

(I'm asking b/c on the old #62, the Carteret branch garnered less ridership than the Woodbridge mall branch.....)

Edited by B35 via Church