New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to go to Bayonne a few times over the past few days. Apparently, there's a decent number of shuttles at the 34th Street HBLR station. I saw one that apparently went to 45th Street and some place called "Blue Apron" (I thought that was an NJT bus, since the model was the same/similar), and then another minibus to a residential complex I forget the name of offhand. 

I had to go to Bayonne a few times over the past few days. Apparently, there's a decent number of shuttles at the 34th Street HBLR station. I saw one that apparently went to 45th Street and some place called "Blue Apron" (I thought that was an NJT bus, since the model was the same/similar), and then another minibus to a residential complex I forget the name of offhand. 

Blue Apron is one of those food delivery services; like Fresh Direct....

Anyway, the other shuttle you're referring to is the one that goes to the (fool's gold that is the) Alexan complex.... I've been there a few times (one of my ex girlfriend's best friends lived [with her man] there).... Constantly complained about the place, but still lived there... While aesthetically pleasing, something did not seem quite right.... Alarms kept going off at random points of the day, for starters....

• 4 weeks later...

I Remember Seeing An Suburban On The 25

Hilton is either short on suburbans or is doing a poor job on assigning buses with routes. Routes 107 and 108 have 3 transits on the line on an average weekday and then I see suburbans on routes like 37 and 26. However, on occasions, Greenville uses some Hilton suburbans for the overcrowded 126 line.

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

Edited by TimDaEmeraldWizard

Hilton is either short on suburbans or is doing a poor job on assigning buses with routes. Routes 107 and 108 have 3 transits on the line on an average weekday and then I see suburbans on routes like 37 and 26. However, on occasions, Greenville uses some Hilton suburbans for the overcrowded 126 line.

Hilton's Doing An Extremely Poor Job On Assign Buses. The 39 and 70 Are The Worst Examples Buses Come Every 15-30 Min On Rush Hour. No Wonder There Crowded As All Hell

Way I see it, their money, their problem. I'll use them sometimes too, not so much when I'm in Jersey (though not having a monthly when I end up myself on a jitney corridor chances are I might hop in one over the transit bus especially if I want a nice quick ride) but the Chinatown-Flushing vans and those get me where I need to be in half the time the subway does. Dangerous driving? Maybe. Should the regulations and enforcement be a little more strict? Maybe that too, as long as they're continued to run as they do now (while being kept up to better safety standards, FFS some of the Flushing vans will put a plastic bench in the back of the bus as a makeshift "back row" or make the last people on the bus sit on a bucket or folding chair) and there's nothing anti-competitive that would prevent the jitneys from running along NJT/MTA corridors or anything like that. Bottom line is some people want to spend their money with the jitneys, and that's not my business to say they should be spending it with NJT or the MTA instead.

Yup.

Hmmmm I Wonder If The Jitneys Would Come To Newark and Screw It All Over There. I Always See Jersey Jitneys On Journal Square Going To PABT Even Though The 125 Is There. Oh And I Love How You Mention Chinatown Buses. There (In My Opinion) Are The Worst Me and My Mom Take The Chinatown Bus To Wilmington,NC It's Very Bad The Buses Aren't Clean. The Drivers Barely Speak Any English And Most Of The Time You Have To Take A Cramped Jitney Near The End Of Our Trip. It's Terrible. But Anyways For Some Odd Reason I Want To Ride A Jersey Jitney Just To See How Bad It Is. Especially With How Cheap They Are In Price and Design Edited by A Former New Yorker

That's just like NJT commuters. Instead of going to NJT and complaining to them about what's happening, they bitch and whine about it on social media thinking that's it's going to make a difference.

These people need a damn reality check. Not everything is NJT's fault. Maybe it's the commuters' fault for not taking into account the NYC tri-state area traffic when they plan their commute. Just the other day I watched some lady start giving a driver BS because he was 5 minutes late.

If you can't take the heat, get the out the kitchen. Drive your car, get stuck in traffic that YOU have to drive through, and see if NJ Transit still "sucks".

I tell you these spoiled MFs have no idea how good they have it....

That Exactly How I Feel About When That Complained About An Fare Hike They Didn't Have For 6 Damn Years

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got any info on how the Mass MCI order is coming along? Last I knew from lurking on FB, ShortLine got theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Shoreline has 17024 to 17038 currently while Community has 17001 to 17023. I saw some photos of suburban getting some buses, but just stay on the look out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone got any info on how the Mass MCI order is coming along? Last I knew from lurking on FB, ShortLine got theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Up to 17112 has been delivered. The last batch of buses went to DeCamp, meaning you may soon be seeing less of 8401-8450. If you look in the delivery thread there will be updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that 165 Local has to make 165 million stops to get to NY. Boy was that a long ride (and by the time I got off at 48th Street, there was my bus and the short-turn that left right after us, plus a third that caught up to us).

I commute on the 166 local (I work in Englewood). That my friend, makes just as many stops, and turns since Blvd East zig zags all the way to North Bergen. Sometimes I take the 159 to the 756 just for the straight shot up Bergenline (and the Neoplans)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I commute on the 166 local (I work in Englewood). That my friend, makes just as many stops, and turns since Blvd East zig zags all the way to North Bergen. Sometimes I take the 159 to the 756 just for the straight shot up Bergenline (and the Neoplans)

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The 166 is definitely a heavier carrier than the "5".  Outbound locals from New York get absolutely slammed at the Nungessers stop - there are times I've actually picked up more people there than at the Port.  

Instead of taking the 756, have you considered the 178 or 186 from Fort Lee?  It's probably a faster ride, especially the 178, since it takes Route 4 straight to Grand Avenue.