New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

I think it would be best for the private bus lines, especially Academy and CUSA companies to not retire their old state-owned MCI cruisers this summer, so they can use them in addition to the new ones they got as shuttles to NYC from NJT stations during the Amtrak partial shutdown

Same goes for us at Lakeland. But there's gonna have to be a huge hiring blitz with these companies to operate the buses

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NJT announced on their website that the lanes at the GWB Bus Term opens tomorrow. Cash will no longer be accepted on buses out of the terminal (like PABT). NJT buses will depart from gates 11-21 in general. The passageway between the terminal and the A train station wont be opened yet.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

16003 was at Ironbound today as backdrop (with the cameras & monitors installed) for Gov Christie announcing the TTF funding the new 360 degree bus camera, HBLR extensions and other transit related projects

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20170517/NJBIZ01/170519832/christie-touts-ttf-as-he-unveils-29m-nj-transit-bus-camera-program

Edited by mfs NJT459

• 1 month later...

Major changes to the 510 Bus down in Wildwood/Rio Grande this Summer

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=16023

I like the orange color they used on the timetable:

2vts391.jpg

New Jersey Transit - 316/510 Timetable Issued 06/24/17 (PDF)

NJ Transit offers a discount round trip excursion fare between Philadelphia and Wildwood for $30.00 and Philadelphia and Cape May for $33.00.

If you were paying the one way cash rate from Philadelphia to the end it would be about $20.00. However, if you go from WRTC in Camden, it would cost you about $10.00. <_<
Edited by 161NewYork

• 1 month later...

Dumb question if i still lived in NJ and was taking the 114 to NYC would i still be able to use cash or have they moved to tickets only?

also while i am here anyone who has fanned the 114 in union township The stop infront of the township hall that became a Dunkin Donuts does it still have it's ticket Machines or is it gone when the DD took over?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Dumb question if i still lived in NJ and was taking the 114 to NYC would i still be able to use cash or have they moved to tickets only?

also while i am here anyone who has fanned the 114 in union township The stop infront of the township hall that became a Dunkin Donuts does it still have it's ticket Machines or is it gone when the DD took over?

Yes, you can still use cash. The NJT app now allows you to buy mobile bus tickets so look into that too. 

I don't think it does have the TVMs there anymore. 

Yes, you can still use cash. The NJT app now allows you to buy mobile bus tickets so look into that too. 

I don't think it does have the TVMs there anymore. 

ok good i'll remember that next time and i will keep the mobile app in mind 

and interesting, i guess you have been by there?

Wow that's much longer than I expected thanks.

Longer? I kinda expected longer. Here in NYC, when you by the $3 single ride ticket, its only good for two hours. But when I rode the Light Rail, I had a 3 zone monthly bus pass so I never looked into it till now

No i tried finding it on the site for you and got no where and tried googling it and kept getting directed to live maps

They actually do but its only available for certain counties. I googled them and was able to get a few for counties in northern jersey in PDF form. Earning, they aren't that detailed or geographically accurate like the MTA's.

They look like this:

298e87ea5e9ed2f30d88b5a752adb53d.jpg

Edited by Far Rock Depot

Wow, i didn't think they went to court against NJT over those routes

Apparently it happened. Now stay tuned for further developments.

On a separate note, if anyone is aware of this, there is a company called OurBus that has been operating in the area of Community Coach's 77 route going to areas outside Port Authority in Manhattan.

Apparently it happened. Now stay tuned for further developments.

On a separate note, if anyone is aware of this, there is a company called OurBus that has been operating in the area of Community Coach's 77 route going to areas outside Port Authority in Manhattan.

Has Community Coach fallen off that badly?

I've heard through the grapevine that Saddle River has been awarded via judge the Bergen County local routes formerly ran by Community Coach

Wait, those are the 7xx routes right? If they are I'm kinda not surprised. If this is true maybe the 756's will actually start to show up, like, at all!

Wait, those are the 7xx routes right? If they are I'm kinda not surprised. If this is true maybe the 756's will actually start to show up, like, at all!

Ha!

Edited by 46Dover

• 3 weeks later...