New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

4 minutes ago, Q Broadway Express said:

Ocean Avenue is served by the #81 and the #6, is it not?

Yeah... But neither one of those line serve the other affected areas...ppl gonna be forced to make transfers...Weekend service along ocean ave gonna be like crap now...81 runs like crap and the 6 operates just 1 bus the entire weekend...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

What did they do to it (the #86) ?

No word of anything on the website, last I checked....

It looks like they have the 86 covering the bergen-layfayette portion then go to newport...But that was the point i was trying to make before...If they was to modify a transit line it should have been the 81 not the 86

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

What did they do to it (the #86) ?

No word of anything on the website, last I checked....

It was not announced on the website, but buses are now deviating via Passaic Avenue to serve a senior center over there.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Jeez these NJT suburban neos are something else! They're bassy and fast as f--- and the seats are pretty nice but they're really lacking in the amenities dept. none of the overhead lights and blowers that i checked in the back half are actually working lmao. The front half and ONE pair of seats in the rear have this newer style(?) panel retrofitted on that probably works.

Also there's no heat blowing around in here, it's freezing inside...

As a busfan, jfc what a bus! But as a rider.... yeesh

3 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Jeez these NJT suburban neos are something else! They're bassy and fast as f--- and the seats are pretty nice but they're really lacking in the amenities dept. none of the overhead lights and blowers that i checked in the back half are actually working lmao. The front half and ONE pair of seats in the rear have this newer style(?) panel retrofitted on that probably works.

Also there's no heat blowing around in here, it's freezing inside...

As a busfan, jfc what a bus! But as a rider.... yeesh

I rode my first neoplan on the 158 this week. Ride was kind of meh.  The Suburban seats were ok though. 

Also slightly changing topics I kinda find it a bit funny how about 50% of the neoplans basically serve fort lee-NY routes with the other half in the central district for the 13 and 39. I get why but I never really payed attention to the neoplans or the entire NJ fleet like that since the fleet got mostly bland ever since the last of the RTS were retired. The most interesting the fleet gets is when I get a different model of the MCI whenever I use the 190 or 308.

4 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

topics I kinda find it a bit funny how about 50% of the neoplans basically serve fort lee-NY routes with the other half in the central district for the 13 and 39.

With any luck there'll be a more "diverse" distribution once all the xd60s come in. I can think of a few routes that need them but rarely get them (looking at you, 126...)

Beyond the 13/39 and their endless line of variants, the 70 usually gets neos on sundays. 320/321 on rare occasions too

---

Anyone know if the 153 gets neos? I never remember to check my bus now when its 4 daily trips are running lmao. I would assume it gets MCIs due to the nature of the route but since it's essentially a super express 158/159 (well, super express in that it only serves the fort lee portions of those routes) there could be a chance a neo gets interlined onto there?

Edited by Orion6025
Added 153 part

7 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

With any luck there'll be a more "diverse" distribution once all the xd60s come in. I can think of a few routes that need them but rarely get them (looking at you, 126...)

Beyond the 13/39 and their endless line of variants, the 70 usually gets neos on sundays. 320/321 on rare occasions too

---

Anyone know if the 153 gets neos? I never remember to check my bus now when its 4 daily trips are running lmao. I would assume it gets MCIs due to the nature of the route but since it's essentially a super express 158/159 (well, super express in that it only serves the fort lee portions of those routes) there could be a chance a neo gets interlined onto there?

All trips should be MCIs on the 153. And I know the 126 used to have neoplans. Don't what happened to that.

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

All trips should be MCIs on the 153. And I know the 126 used to have neoplans. Don't what happened to that.

The 126 was using Neoplans a long time ago due to super storm "Sandy" and NJT's dumbness for leaving some of its trains in low lying flood areas which messed up the equipment badly. That's when NJT diverted some Neoplans to the 126 line to help with the Hoboken Train station crushes along with buses they borrowed from Septa and I think Dart (Delaware).

Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also the option order of the XD60s may see service time on the bus lines 126 and possibly 107 in the future. Route 126 is a given. Them Nabis can barely handle those crush loads of riders. 126 during rush hour is crrrazy!

• 2 weeks later...

The 308 is one weird route...I don't understand why during the AM, theres two 308 services, one from New York to Six Flags and one from Newark to Six Flags yet during the PM theres only one which is from Six Flags to New York via Newark, when most of the time it skips Newark all together.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, Lawrence St said:

The 308 is one weird route...I don't understand why during the AM, theres two 308 services, one from New York to Six Flags and one from Newark to Six Flags yet during the PM theres only one which is from Six Flags to New York via Newark, when most of the time it skips Newark all together.

The overall demand from Newark-Penn is significantly lower.... To cut down on backtracking of NJ patrons to PABT in the morning, you have that trip out of Newark....

For the return trip, it only makes sense to have the bus serve Newark-Penn & PABT... Unlike the #319, a PM trip ending at Newark is not all that sustainable (quiet is as kept, those that ride out of Newark in the AM tend to leave with friends/family they meet up with, for a ride back home).... In laymens. those riding out of Newark are less apt to purchasing a roundtrip ticket....

It's not weird at all.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:42 AM, B35 via Church said:

The overall demand from Newark-Penn is significantly lower.... To cut down on backtracking of NJ patrons to PABT in the morning, you have that trip out of Newark....

For the return trip, it only makes sense to have the bus serve Newark-Penn & PABT... Unlike the #319, a PM trip ending at Newark is not all that sustainable (quiet is as kept, those that ride out of Newark in the AM tend to leave with friends/family they meet up with, for a ride back home).... In laymens. those riding out of Newark are less apt to purchasing a roundtrip ticket....

It's not weird at all.

Never looked at it like that. How come the 307 & 309 were cut?

So Newton Avenue just got a fresh batch of MCID4500 CTs ( 26 to be exact) plus the 4 from last year and there are still about 8 old MCIs still in service.  I don't get why on the weekends, there are NABIs assigned to the 409.  It just makes no sense.  It seems like now it only happens on Saturday and Sunday morning trips.   Is this a training issue in which many of the weekend drivers maybe aren't trained on the new MCIs?

5 hours ago, Tranzitfan81 said:

So Newton Avenue just got a fresh batch of MCID4500 CTs ( 26 to be exact) plus the 4 from last year and there are still about 8 old MCIs still in service.  I don't get why on the weekends, there are NABIs assigned to the 409.  It just makes no sense.  It seems like now it only happens on Saturday and Sunday morning trips.   Is this a training issue in which many of the weekend drivers maybe aren't trained on the new MCIs?

That's a good question. To add my two cents, maybe the drivers want a Nabi Bus or they were assigned to drive those buses on a weekend, who knows

On 3/29/2019 at 3:14 PM, Lawrence St said:

Never looked at it like that. How come the 307 & 309 were cut?

#307 Freehold (and #318 Philly) got cut due to budget cuts (as part of a plan that involved that fare hike in 2015)...

#309, #310, and #311 got cut due to budget cuts (as part of a plan that involved that fare hike in 2005)...

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Q Broadway Express said:

Which Jersey City bus routes are subcontracted by New Jersey Transit?

The 2, 10, 88 and 119 (to Academy) are the ones I can think of

I am probably late but when did they extend the 66 to newark Penn and removed it from washington PK because i used to ride the 66 and we always got told to jump on the newark light rail. Wonder what made them pull out of washington park?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

9 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I am probably late but when did they extend the 66 to newark Penn and removed it from washington PK because i used to ride the 66 and we always got told to jump on the newark light rail. Wonder what made them pull out of washington park?

It happened when the 95 was discontinued due to the completion of the Pulaski Skyway rehab