New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

For real? Some folks said the same when I told them that I use the 13.

I feel sorry for those drivers out of greenville doing the 87....In the last 2 1/2 weeks there been 3 shootings along MLK DR....And just eairlier last month someone was shot at on the 87 bus....Not to mention the shooting between the cops and jewish situation im pretty sure u heard about along MLK DR...

15 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

I feel sorry for those drivers out of greenville doing the 87....In the last 2 1/2 weeks there been 3 shootings along MLK DR....And just eairlier last month someone was shot at on the 87 bus....Not to mention the shooting between the cops and jewish situation im pretty sure u heard about along MLK DR...

Yes, I did hear about it. Very sad.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, 553 Bridgeton said:

Each garage is assigned lines, the 319 is serviced by Egg Harbor and Meadowlands. Meadowlands has 4 319 runs all starting in NY, and egg harbor has 9 319 runs all starting in Atlantic city and 2 starting in Wildwood. Meadowlands only does those 4 out of New York to prevent egg harbor from deadheading from south jersey to New York, but in the summer egg harbor has 1 run that deadheads from Egg Harbor to New York And operates on Friday only and meadowlands has one that deadheads from north Bergen to Cape May which only operates on Sunday only

How come NJT stopped operating the summer SB 319 nonstop from NY to Wildwood/Cape May but manage to keep the NB nonstop as reference above?

18 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Apparently NJT is starting a process for its own redesign: http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=337686

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

This is going to be very interesting to say the least. 

Lol... At this rate, SEPTA will follow, then DART, then LANTA, then BARTA.....

7 hours ago, Lex said:

Why am I expecting it to end up worse than the Queens draft plan?

Any planner that doesn't know any better, will look at the sheer amount of overlapping of bus routes & would opt to immediately seek to eliminate it.... Given that the rail infrastructure in/out of NYC is pure shit, there's a dire need for a separate interstate bus network & (obviously) an intrastate bus network....

Furthermore, with all the tinkering of buses/service in & out of PABT, it's to the point where one alteration to a route, or a trip on a route could trigger a massive domino effect..... Redrawing the Queens network is tame, compared to opting to reimagining a state-wide bus system....

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know where else to ask this so i'll put it here:

I know for Bus Operator and serviceperson, you need 3 years driving experience and a class B CDL with airbrake and passengers endoresments, but I had a license for two years in NY before moving to NJ. Does that count even though it's a separate state?

@553 Bridgeton@Ron2themax @go25 or any other NJT employees?

Edited by S78 via Hylan

On 2/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, S78 via Hylan said:

Don't know where else to ask this so i'll put it here:

I know for Bus Operator and serviceperson, you need 3 years driving experience and a class B CDL with airbrake and passengers endoresments, but I had a license for two years in NY before moving to NJ. Does that count even though it's a separate state?

@553 Bridgeton@Ron2themax @go25 or any other NJT employees?

Usually if you already have a CDL they will take you.

• Deucey pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm obviously late to the party, but when did NJT roll out with the 2xxxx numbered MCI's? And/or, what garage{s} currently house them?

Not for the specific reason of catching one of them (if it happens, it happens), but I planned on doing some NJT fanning towards the end of month anyway....

27 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm obviously late to the party, but when did NJT roll out with the 2xxxx numbered MCI's? And/or, what garage{s} currently house them?

Not for the specific reason of catching one of them (if it happens, it happens), but I planned on doing some NJT fanning towards the end of month anyway....

They hit the streets almost a month & a half ago if I’m correct. Right now only Wayne (151, 161, 190-199, 324) has them but Ironbound (11x routes sans 119) is up to get them next.