Weird Sightings on the Highway

R188 7857

Well first, I saw a freshly decaled OG CNG #7785 without depot stickers on the BQE. It had two pieces of paper stuck to the outside with its number. Probably a deadhead.

Second, I saw a codebreak on an MCI. Drove past with Q100 sign xD.

Its lovely how people report things and don't have images or proof to back things up. I mean in general, not specifically this post. Anyway, you didn't say what direction the OG CNG or the MCI was traveling on the BQE, and where on the BQE you spotted these.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="R188 7857" data-cid="640124" data-time="1359768202"><p>

Well first, I saw a freshly decaled OG CNG #7785 without depot stickers on the BQE. It had two pieces of paper stuck to the outside with its number. Probably a deadhead.<br />

Second, I saw a codebreak on an MCI. Drove past with Q100 sign xD.</p></blockquote>

Probably just a test drive. After the engine gets rebuilt (all the CNG engines get rebuilt when they come to grand), we take the bus on the highway for a test drive. We deactivate the speed limiter run them to make sure that they are running properly and that they have adequate power. Than they bring them back to make sure nothing is leaking. If everything is ok, the bus is returned to its depot.

Its lovely how people report things and don't have images or proof to back things up. I mean in general, not specifically this post. Anyway, you didn't say what direction the OG CNG or the MCI was traveling on the BQE, and where on the BQE you spotted these.

And what exactly would be the benefit of making this kind of stuff up and posting it here?  He said he saw it on the BQE so I would assume that he was driving at the time and couldn't take out a camera for obvious reasons.

And what exactly would be the benefit of making this kind of stuff up and posting it here?  He said he saw it on the BQE so I would assume that he was driving at the time and couldn't take out a camera for obvious reasons.

Well, he could at least give some more information such as location (ie. between what exits) and what direction the bus was going.

Shouldn't this be in the BUS - Random Thoughts Thread? :P

and I hope they don't give 7785 that cheap arial font numbering like they've been doing lately with repainted buses, it really looks tacky.

Can you post a picture of said font? I have not seen what it looks like.

Sigh* you people & your proof, if he were lying he wouldn't have brought this story up in the first place. I just hate people who ask me for proof, im not gonna sit here and make up a story about things that's wasting time in my life that I can never get back.

Sigh* you people & your proof, if he were lying he wouldn't have brought this story up in the first place. I just hate people who ask me for proof, im not gonna sit here and make up a story about things that's wasting time in my life that I can never get back.

In the short version, if you saw it, you saw it! No need to have much dismay on sighted memory.

Well, he could at least give some more information such as location (ie. between what exits) and what direction the bus was going.

Okay, the Orion VII CNG was traveling towards Queens just before the bridge.

The MCI was NOT on the BQE, it was traveling towards manhattan on the LIE.

Yeah, I had him recently

Awesome.

That's a lie. I am very informative.

On the contrary. Rarely do you provide any detail and background to your posts. This Thursday night you made at least 100 posts. All of then excluding about five were extremely redundant or provided no information what so ever. Furthermore before the night ended, someone decided to grow a pair and started calling out members among other things.

I still get a headache remembering all that bullshit.

You can make the effort when you want to as seen in topics that you are so passionate about, you just need to apply those efforts into all your posts. Maybe then you would be better understood, or at the very least tolerated.

Archived