Happy Hedgehog Day

Turbo19

Happy Hedgehog Day everyone!

On February 2nd in 1994, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was released in the US, and it was dubbed “Hedgehog Day”. For the past few years, we’ve revived this day as a holiday for all Sonic fans. We’ve got some great stuff coming up this year, but we’re not ready to talk about it just yet.

Instead, we wanted to show you one of the unique items we have in our office at SEGA of America. This is a 10th Anniversary Sonic statue signed by Tom Kalinske, Al Nilsen, Madeline Schroeder, and Shinobu Toyoda. It’s truly a one-of-a-kind piece of Sonic history, and it’s pretty amazing.

From all of us to all of you… Happy Hedgehog Day, and thanks for being true blue Sonic fans.

Read More: Source

There's also a message to be solved within the text. You can decode it by clicking the link.

I seriously hesitated posting this but I feel we're in need for some discussion from the lighter side. Nevermind that if you didn't know already I'm somewhat of a Sonic fan.

Great, more chances for SEGA to f**k up the Sonic franchise...

Also, don't waste your time decoding the message, it spells out Red Herring...

How very positive.

And yeah you got it.

Actually, its "Her Red Ring" A spin-off game. Based on Amy.

Oh hell no!

That's the type of person I am... don't mind me... :mellow:

Nah, we're cool. B-)

I'll just stop by and leave this here....

Sonic%20Princess.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHE

Nearly five years late dude. :lol:

What I really find ironic is that the first Hedgehog Day was to celebrate the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 3, which was the first game to feature Knuckles whom happens to be an Echidna. Echidna's get no love?

Maybe I'm reading to much into this.

Same brother!

Man I was a HUGE fan of sonic since I was like 13 years old! One of my favorite video ghame icons that ever was. I am really happy that you posted this Turbo! It's about time!

Nice to hear. I've been a fan since playing the original three games in 1997/98. Not as much a fan as before but still a fan nonetheless.

I'm a member on three Sonic forums (would've benn four but one closed literally a few weeks ago) and while it can be fun and casual a few fanboys/basketcases can ruin it for the more casual fans.

I'm a member on three Sonic forums (would've benn four but one closed literally a few weeks ago) and while it can be fun and casual a few fanboys/basketcases can ruin it for the more casual fans.

Oh you mean the basement dwelling furries that troll on these forums? We got tons of those on the gaming forums I heard.

sonic_o_697234.jpg

TRUTH!!!!!!

@all posts:

WOW!!! LOL :lol:

What? :D

Oh you mean the basement dwelling furries that troll on these forums? We got tons of those on the gaming forums I heard.

sonic_o_697234.jpg

TRUTH!!!!!!

Nah, the furries aren't that bad, some are very cool and aren't imposing at all.

Lol, you couldn't even get up to take a leak without jepordizing you progress. When I was a kid I actually just grabbed a empty three-liter so I didn't have to get up at all. :lol:

[insert nuvaring joke here]

Just no. :lol:  

Lol, you couldn't even get up to take a leak without jepordizing you progress. When I was a kid I actually just grabbed a empty three-liter so I didn't have to get up at all. :lol:

Yep! I used to lock myself in my room for hours with snacks, my cheat book and course the empty two liter. "Um mom yeah that's just some apple juice I made that's all"

That sucks man, Sonic 2 was one sick game. Now that game was alot of fun, kept me up overnight breaking dawn and everything just killing it. got me singing the tunes in the shower.... Yeah I was a hardcore Sonic fan so much so it was'nt even funny lol.

Yep! I used to lock myself in my room for hours with snacks, my cheat book and course the empty two liter. "Um mom yeah that's just some apple juice I made that's all"

Oh god, the nostalgia! *sigh*

Have yet to see a live hedgehog....

As for the sonic games, I lost interest after (I lost) sonic 2... I was pissed too; to this day I think an acquaintance stole that shit....

I got sonic spinball afterwards (as a xmas gift), but that game sucked balls....

Well I'm sure you know they are not native to the America's and the few that live in isolation were likely imported as pets.

Wow, that sucks. My Genesis+32X+CD was actually stolen from my first house when I was like 5, so I did lose interest in the series for a while, especially considering I just went for the PS2 rather than the Dreamcast. I had my share of stuff stolen and it's just pisses you off and makes you lose interest.

As for Spinball, a nice spin-off but is nowhere near the ranks of the original 31/2 platformers.

That sucks man, Sonic 2 was one sick game. Now that game was alot of fun, kept me up overnight breaking dawn and everything just killing it. got me singing the tunes in the shower.... Yeah I was a hardcore Sonic fan so much so it was'nt even funny lol.

I hear you.

I don't know, I kinda liked spinball..... beaten it in 10-12 hours.

Well it's a fun game. Many however would counter argue that it doesn't hold up like it used to in this point in time.

Me personally, I'm unbiased.

Lol.... But yeah, I have to say sonic 2 was a vast improvement over the original sonic.... Hell, I found the orig. sonic more difficult (and boring) than sonic 2 - Especially the 2nd level in the original sonic (marble hill zone I think it's called)....

Nonetheless, for me, Sonic 2 was definitely more fun to play....

I don't know, I kinda liked spinball..... beaten it in 10-12 hours.

That's one reason I didn't like spinball.... it was too easy to beat.... Took me around that same amount of time (well, maybe a little less now that I think about it)  to beat it the very first time I played it....

Lol.... But yeah, I have to say sonic 2 was a vast improvement over the original sonic.... Hell, I found the orig. sonic more difficult (and boring) than sonic 2 - Especially the 2nd level in the original sonic (marble hill zone I think it's called)....

Nonetheless, for me, Sonic 2 was definitely more fun to play....

That's one reason I didn't like spinball.... it was too easy to beat.... Took me around that same amount of time (well, maybe a little less now that I think about it)  to beat it the very first time I played it....

Yeah that's true. The first Sonic was much more difficult. And it was too short. The second one was much more entertaining, IMO. I also think the tunes in Sonic 2 rocked compared to the first one (which was'nt bad either). You know for it's time that game really stretched the Sega Genesis hardware to it's limit for a 4 meg and broke all the rules in the industry.

Sonic CD is hilarious if you simply walk away from the controller and forget to pause...

"I'm outta here!"

scd-misc-cheatsimg9.png

Dang, never played that one.

Sonic CD is hilarious if you simply walk away from the controller and forget to pause...

"I'm outta here!"

scd-misc-cheatsimg9.png

The most enjoyable part of Sonic CD was the soundtrack(s) in my opinion. The game itself could've been better.

The most enjoyable part of Sonic CD was the soundtrack(s) in my opinion. The game itself could've been better.

I'll agree to that.  The game was pretty much all over the place. Now Sonic 3 was alright.  Sonic & Knuckles was what made it pivotal.  I still play Sonic 2 & Sonic 3/K.

Archived