List NICE Interlines You Know

User

Why would a planned meal breakmake them late?

How if its planned like Burrstone said?

Because these are planned as if the running times are are accurate and as if the drivers aren't interlining like crazy. So if a driver is late,they're probably not going to cut their lunch short to get back on time.

On Saturdays the n20 Roslyns and n27 are interlined as well. While at Roslyn Rail today I saw an n27 to Glen Cove heading east down Warner Ave and he had a passenger on! Must be the n20 that arrived in Roslyn at 6:56pm, probably goes right on Mineola Ave and then left on Warner. And what's weird is he was the driver I had on the n20 I was on that left Hicksville at 5:01pm, I dunno how he wound up back in Roslyn so fast, except maybe he changes buses in Great Neck? I dont understand why they just couldn't make them n21s, maybe change the n21 route to run 25a to Glen Cove Rd then n27 route to Glen Cove. Transfer at Clock Tower from n23. Most n21 riders travel from Glen Cove and not many get on or off from Shore Rd/Roslyn Harbor, which is the unproductive portion of the route. 

On Saturdays the n20 Roslyns and n27 are interlined as well. While at Roslyn Rail today I saw an n27 to Glen Cove heading east down Warner Ave and he had a passenger on! Must be the n20 that arrived in Roslyn at 6:56pm, probably goes right on Mineola Ave and then left on Warner. And what's weird is he was the driver I had on the n20 I was on that left Hicksville at 5:01pm, I dunno how he wound up back in Roslyn so fast, except maybe he changes buses in Great Neck? I dont understand why they just couldn't make them n21s, maybe change the n21 route to run 25a to Glen Cove Rd then n27 route to Glen Cove. Transfer at Clock Tower from n23. Most n21 riders travel from Glen Cove and not many get on or off from Shore Rd/Roslyn Harbor, which is the unproductive portion of the route. 

Maybe Hicksville bus properly pickup Great Neck Passengers and maybe he was possibly low people or maybe deadhead from Flushing to Roslyn.

Edited by FamousNYLover

So you're saying the 6:05 pm N20 out of Flushing to Roslyn heads down to Roslyn LIRR station at the end of its route, and does the n27 to Glen Cove from there? I would believe that because I've seen NICE buses make that right before onto Mineola Ave and probably head down to Roslyn LIRR.

Maybe Hicksville bus properly pickup Great Neck Passengers and maybe he was possibly low people or maybe deadhead from Flushing to Roslyn.

That doesn't make much sense because there is no connection between Roslyn and Hicksville or Great Neck and Roslyn.

I don't understand why this thread is marked "official"? What does that mean? Wouldn't anything "offical" reguarding NICE come directly from NICE, the County, or someone on the inside?

No. It's just to signify that this is thread for xxx and put your xxx posts here!

No Pun intended By the way!

I don't understand why this thread is marked "official"?  What does that mean?  Wouldn't anything "offical" reguarding NICE come directly from NICE, the County, or someone on the inside?

Look at half the crap other people tag "official" on this forum, then think about that. I made this "official" so other people wouldn't create more threads about interlines at NICE. There are tons of threads on this forum that are mislabeled with the tag.

Since PinePower travelled on Saturday, Hicksville bus properly pickup all passengers and Roslyn-Mineola buses not so much.

There are several Saturday trips end at Mineola Av.

It does make sense.

Several trips end at Mineola Ave everyday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That must be one unreliable pair...from Jamaica all the way out to Babylon...

From what I've seen the driver does n19 Freeport to Bablyon, n19 Babylon to Freeport, n4 Freeport to Jamaica, n4 back eastbound....

I have seen this on the very 1st n19 of the day and two late afternoon n19's...

I'm very interested in these things, notice these buses always do the n19 first and then n4 to Jamaica... they know the n19 will not be held up, and then interlines the bus into peak n4 service. If it was the other way around ("yea, we'll just have a n4 coming in at that time pick up the n19) they really would've screwed the n19 and made it an unreliable route. By doing the n19 first I think it shows Veolia gets it and is looking out for the pax... They just as easily could've done the interline the opposite way...

Edited by Burrstone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated the interlining table for Jan 12 schedules. The same caveats apply as before (terminals within a town, not sure of the relationship between blocks)

Weekday

Saturday

Sunday

There may be a few strange errors. I caught an n79 that NICE mistakenly signed up for 165th Street (but only had stop times through Hicksville)

Edited by Amtrak7

• 2 months later...