How One Homeless Man Redistributes Passengers on a Train Without Lifting a Finger

CenSin

The cops' (and our) hands are tied.

They are not allowed to be ejected from the system for being smelly and stinky; they can only be ejected for breaking the rules, like having their feet up on another seat. And they're good at skirting that, taking up space, but leaving their feet dangling. 

The cops' (and our) hands are tied.

They are not allowed to be ejected from the system for being smelly and stinky; they can only be ejected for breaking the rules, like having their feet up on another seat. And they're good at skirting that, taking up space, but leaving their feet dangling. 

Technically, taking up more than one seat is also a violation of the rules. I suppose, this is easier to justify on the R46, 62 and 68's where the seats actually have demarcations between them. 

Understandable. But personally speaking if a homeless man approahes me on the train saying he is hungry if I happen to have food, I would be more than happy to give it to him.

I would'nt give them money however because there are scam artists that pose as homeless people when they are not, taking advantage of an unfortunate social phenomonon. I'm aware panhandling is illegal but that would not be my reasoning behind why I wiuld be relunctant to give them money. It's because I don't appreciate scam artists who pose as such. I see this all the time.

I generally don't give on the train because I don't appreciate the "captive audience" thing, also the "we ask you not to give" announcement etc. etc, but in terms of panhandlers in general I find there's fairly reliable easy way to tell scam from not:

Look at their shoes.

I generally don't give on the train because I don't appreciate the "captive audience" thing, also the "we ask you not to give" announcement etc. etc, but in terms of panhandlers in general I find there's fairly reliable easy way to tell scam from not:

Look at their shoes.

Oh you mean those who supposedly support homeless relief organizations with their bag packed with sandwiches with their fake IDs? That's definitely a bogus scam. I mean people who I can see are generally, clearly homeless. If I see they are sincere I would give them the rest of my lunch or something. but I will never give them money. That raises red flags, I don't know if I am dealing with a drug addict or not.

Got your point on looking at their shoes. People have to watch out for that, there are, as I've mentioned before, scammers who pose as homeless people. I've seen it. Drug addicts and such one that I actually met when I as an intern who said he pulled a scam posing as a homeless person racking $300 dollars a day. Not kidding.

Oh you mean those who supposedly support homeless relief organizations with their bag packed with sandwiches with their fake IDs? That's definitely a bogus scam. I mean people who I can see are generally, clearly homeless. If I see they are sincere I would give them the rest of my lunch or something. but I will never give them money. That raises red flags, I don't know if I am dealing with a drug addict or not.

Got your point on looking at their shoes. People have to watch out for that, there are, as I've mentioned before, scammers who pose as homeless people. I've seen it. Drug addicts and such one that I actually met when I as an intern who said he pulled a scam posing as a homeless person racking $300 dollars a day. Not kidding.

Would anyone want to support me morally if let's say… I had a day to spend on the subway just to call attention to these scammers while they're working?

Would anyone want to support me morally if let's say… I had a day to spend on the subway just to call attention to these scammers while they're working?

Actually I did that myself one morning because I was snoozing in a seat due to sleep deprivation as I was going to work and a scammer came on the train waking me up with his asshattery. I called him out and told him that I know you are pulling a scam because your ID is not a genuine ID from a non-for ptofit organization plus you are breaking the law. I was really annoyed by that scammer that morning.

If only you knew what I had to go through on the (4) N/B into the Bronx during this evening's commute, by 149th St/Grand Concourse @ 5:00PM it was absolutely so packed that nobody on the platform could even get on.

To the cussing C/R manning R142 car 7171 to Woodlawn, if you ever see this post: I feel your pain. Damn schoolkids! Yeah it was bad even for me! lol

what were they doing?blocking the doors or worseplaying a game of chicken on the tracks?

Archived