Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Next we will be sent random numbers and after that we will receive letters to show up at livingston for the BOSS exam. These letters are sent in numerical order. Probably first 3000 will receive it to take the boss in a 2 month frame like the 2301 exam.

They said within six months they will send letters to take the BOSS. Around in September 2013. They still doing 2301 I think they ain't going to be finish for awhile. I think its like that with all test you apply you wait six months to take the test or survey. I applied to 2613 and took the test in January. Six month wait.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Applied For bus operator 3101 i need know if i have to do that too  (If you applied for an MTA NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, or MTA Bus Company exam that required and Education and Experience Test Paper (EETP) and did not submit one when the filing period for that exam was open, please download, complete and mail the attached form. Please note not all exams require and EETP form0

Well if you applied for 3101 you didnt need to do no EETP form all they want is your general info and your $$$$. All you gotta do now is wait for your random number>

They said within six months they will send letters to take the BOSS. Around in September 2013. They still doing 2301 I think they ain't going to be finish for awhile. I think its like that with all test you apply you wait six months to take the test or survey. I applied to 2613 and took the test in January. Six month wait.

"They" havent said anything about the 3101 test yet. Filing isnt even over. I took the boss for the 2301 exam, I was one of the first 3000 and it was more than a six month wait. This exam number is not civil service so you cant compare the timeline to it.

"They" havent said anything about the 3101 test yet. Filing isnt even over. I took the boss for the 2301 exam, I was one of the first 3000 and it was more than a six month wait. This exam number is not civil service so you cant compare the timeline to it.

So you think civil service take longer or quicker then the random selection?

Hello everyone

Just a quick question. Im a little confused as to which test I would need to take if I was eventually lucky enough to work in one of the following bus depots. I live in Staten Island. I see exam 2301....and exam 3101....but im not sure which is exam it would be. 

Castleton Depot

Charleston Depot

Meredith Ave Depot

Yukon Depot.

Thanks!

Hello everyone

Just a quick question. Im a little confused as to which test I would need to take if I was eventually lucky enough to work in one of the following bus depots. I live in Staten Island. I see exam 2301....and exam 3101....but im not sure which is exam it would be. 

Castleton Depot

Charleston Depot

Meredith Ave Depot

Yukon Depot.

Thanks!

Applying for either of those exams will not let you choose the bus depots you've mentioned.  If you had applied for exam 2613 (Bus Operator for NYC Transit), which was open to take applicants last year, you'd be able to choose any one of those depots.

With the ta exam atleast you have the chance to do really well and in return receive a good list number. But other than that, it depends on the openings. Ta tend to take longer though. 8006 been up for about 4 years and theyre up to 3500..

That list should be expiring this year cause it was establish in 2009. And if they are up to 3500 in 4 years thats letting you know u have to get a low list to be called. Also if the list do expire thats good news for the 2613 test takers.  Did you take the T.A test in january?

Guys I had a error message about the credit card not going in but it say it pending I need help I want this test. It has all the my info but when I put the three number that behind card it said that I try to many times. Try a other time

www.mta.info/nyct/hr/3101.htm

go to the MTA website they have new info for the 3101 exam it said if you couldnt pay they will be sending you a e-mail on march 15

ok i got called back for medical march 7th 730am and possibaly march 25th

I really think you good to go just dont forget about forum when u get in let us know what the training is like etc.

ok i got called back for medical march 7th 730am and possibaly march 25th

Cant wait for that call :)

Wow that's great good luck on the medical on March 7

I am still waiting for the medical which I already got a letter about the BOSS.

Now is the medical.

Good luck for those that are getting into the transit system.

Todays economy is todays future MTA Future.

Wow that's great good luck on the medical on March 7

I am still waiting for the medical which I already got a letter about the BOSS.

Now is the medical.

Good luck for those that are getting into the transit system.

Todays economy is todays future MTA Future.

thanks this 1 is ta 8006 bus driver im on from april 08

thanks this 1 is ta 8006 bus driver im on from april 08

i`m just a little nervous i never drove a 40 foot bus comapred to a 25 or a 30 foot access a ride bus. the tunnel how much clearnce do we have on each side beacuse i don`t wanna hit the cones or the wall and when 2 turn

Archived