Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I contacted MTA exams division and they told me I don't have to take the BOSS exam for the 2613 because I already passed the BOSS exam when I took it for the 2301exam back in December. So I believe its transferable.

i've taken the BOSS several times before for other test #'s  and passed every time  .however i will be there for the 2613 as i don't  believe anything the MTA  has to say  just look how they have mislead us on all the full time application to come later and offer part time jobs if i were you i would show up  

I don't understand why TA did not provide information about the upcoming 2613 BOSS exam on the employment information web sight?

I'm very curious to know why the 4600 bus operator exam is coming out on August 7th, 2013. It does not state which division is giving the exam! I mean don't they have enough applicants to go through already between the 2301, 2613, and the 3101? I I already know between the 2301 (MTA) and the 3101 (MABSTOA) they can pretty much can do whatever it is they want from those two lists. For (I.e.) they are using 2301 candidates to fill p.t. positions at Spring Creek. The 2613 exam! Well that belongs to TA (so I pray). Therefor I assume they have plenty of candidates between 2301, and the 3101 to fill enough positions for the next decade. Maybe the upcoming 4600 exam is for funding somebody's new Mercedes Benz! ;-)

i've taken the BOSS several times before for other test #'s  and passed every time  .however i will be there for the 2613 as i don't  believe anything the MTA  has to say  just look how they have mislead us on all the full time application to come later and offer part time jobs if i were you i would show up

Thanks ILLMATIC I just may go there and take it again.

I don't understand why TA did not provide information about the upcoming 2613 BOSS exam on the employment information web sight?

I'm very curious to know why the 4600 bus operator exam is coming out on August 7th, 2013. It does not state which division is giving the exam! I mean don't they have enough applicants to go through already between the 2301, 2613, and the 3101? I I already know between the 2301 (MTA) and the 3101 (MABSTOA) they can pretty much can do whatever it is they want from those two lists. For (I.e.) they are using 2301 candidates to fill p.t. positions at Spring Creek. The 2613 exam! Well that belongs to TA (so I pray). Therefor I assume they have plenty of candidates between 2301, and the 3101 to fill enough positions for the next decade. Maybe the upcoming 4600 exam is for funding somebody's new Mercedes Benz! ;-)

I was thinking the same thing why no info i guess you gotta roll with the punches.   But i think exam 8006 was the last Exam for TA and if this is true exam 2613 will be the next they hire from good news for us and maybe thats why we taking the boss  so quick after the exam  i mean we took the test 6 months ago thats pretty quick. I know a guy from 2301 who just took the boss a month ago and that filing period was in 2011.

Thanks ILLMATIC I just may go there and take it again.

Yeah caveman go just for the simple fact you recieved a letter to take it. Be on the safe side.

Does anyone know which CDL endorsements are needed? I'm thinking about getting my CDL permit ahead of time. I see a link to download and study manuals/sections > http://www.dmv.ny.gov/broch/cdlmanual.htm < but not sure if all needs to be studied. Also, is it Class A, B, or C? Thanks in advance. FYI, I just have my regular NYS Class D Driver's License.

Does anyone know which CDL endorsements are needed? I'm thinking about getting my CDL permit ahead of time. I see a link to download and study manuals/sections > http://www.dmv.ny.gov/broch/cdlmanual.htm < but not sure if all needs to be studied. Also, is it Class A, B, or C? Thanks in advance. FYI, I just have my regular NYS Class D Driver's License.

You will need a B permit with air brake and passenger endorsements.

I contacted MTA exams division and they told me I don't have to take the BOSS exam for the 2613 because I already passed the BOSS exam when I took it for the 2301exam back in December. So I believe its transferable.

Same thing happened to me I took the BOSS for 2301 April 23rd then was offered another B/O position instead of C/R for 8094 and was invited to take the BOSS exactly a month later on May 23rd. I called first to ask if I had to take it again since I had {at the time of call} just taken it 2 1/2 weeks ago. After checking and being told I passed it I was told I shouldn't have to take it again. However, I was transferred to another dept and was told that I did have to report due to the fact that it was 2 separate divisions. {TA & OA}

I reported to 180 for the second time letter in hand and asked 3 separate individuals if retaking the BOSS was required. I was given different answers from each. So as I'm sitting in the room being handed the bubble sheet I reminded the Proctor to triple check for me before I waste time retaking the survey. I was then introduced to now my 4th MTA employed and I explained my situation she took my letter and said she would return with the verdict. Long story short I did not have to retake the BOSS as I was told it is good for exactly 1 year. You have to retake it if you failed or if your previous survey was about to expire. Of course being the detailed individual that I am I asked if it was possible to get that in writing somehow I didn't get an official letterhead however, she signed my letter and said everything was all clear.

You will need a B permit with air brake and passenger endorsements.

Thank you very much!

I have another question. From what I've read on here, exam 3101 is for Bronx & Manhattan. I live on Staten Island and wondering if there is a way to transfer to Staten Island down the road. I know I'm far off from then, but just curious. Thanks again.

Thank you very much!

I have another question. From what I've read on here, exam 3101 is for Bronx & Manhattan. I live on Staten Island and wondering if there is a way to transfer to Staten Island down the road. I know I'm far off from then, but just curious. Thanks again.

no i dont think you can and besides the next exam 4600 will be for transit authority which covers staten island.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

I have to report tomorrow to 180 Livingston in Brooklyn. I have my Air brakes and Passenger. All I'm missing is my General Knowledge part. I'm still trying to pass the last part for the license. I'm just wondering if they would postponed it for a later dated or would I get disqualified? 

Thanks,

Question:

I have to report tomorrow to 180 Livingston in Brooklyn. I have my Air brakes and Passenger. All I'm missing is my General Knowledge part. I'm still trying to pass the last part for the license. I'm just wondering if they would postponed it for a later dated or would I get disqualified? 

Thanks,

Actually, you still don't have the permit until you have the General Knowledge which is the core of the CDL.

You will need all three.

They may or may not delay your interview.

Its upon their discretion.

Okay thanks.

I didn't expect them to call me so fast. They offered me the buses to take because I originally apply for conductor and got a 98 on the test but my list number is in the 2600's. Not sure if that means anything.

Question:

Thanks,

you need the general knowledge other wise you do not have a permit   what test # are you  interviewing for ?   

8094 is the test number.

That was the number that was on the letter to go to brooklyn for the interview. That was the test number for the conductor exam I took back a few years ago. It show's my score from the exam for conductor. I'm confused.

8094 is the test number.That was the number that was on the letter to go to brooklyn for the interview. That was the test number for the conductor exam I took back a few years ago. It show's my score from the exam for conductor. I'm confused.

I'm not familiar with the 8094 exam but if it's for the conductor position I don't believe you would need a driver's license for that. I could be wrong but I have spoken to someone at 180 Livingston street. He was telling me about the conductor position and mentioned no license requirement. Check it out for yourself!

8094 is the test number.

That was the number that was on the letter to go to brooklyn for the interview. That was the test number for the conductor exam I took back a few years ago. It show's my score from the exam for conductor. I'm confused.

I took that same exam for conductor but I got an 85 on the exam

I forgot my list number on that one I know is somewhere 5450 something like that

@ newlife 14

As they might/ should have told you today. Get your permit ASAP than contact them immediately once you have it so you can continue processing from there. You definitely need it or they will not swear you in (appoint you) once all your paperwork, drug test & medical are complete because you can not operate the bus legally during training without it. So the longer you take to get it the longer your process will take on top of the usual waiting periods for appointments & classes to start.

Good luck getting your permit.

I'm not familiar with the 8094 exam but if it's for the conductor position I don't believe you would need a driver's license for that. I could be wrong but I have spoken to someone at 180 Livingston street. He was telling me about the conductor position and mentioned no license requirement. Check it out for yourself!

He did take the conductor test but they offered him a bus driver position thats why he asking about the license

Question:

Thanks,

Hey so what happen when you went to brooklyn?

He did take the conductor test but they offered him a bus driver position thats why he asking about the license

Hey so what happen when you went to brooklyn?

Think about it. The conductors exam has nothing to do with being a bus driver, but why give bus operator exam if MTA offers the job from the conductors list make no sense. They are trying to do away with their mistake of creating a test and utilize another. Money making fake tests. lol

Think about it. The conductors exam has nothing to do with being a bus driver, but why give bus operator exam if MTA offers the job from the conductors list make no sense. They are trying to do away with their mistake of creating a test and utilize another. Money making faI

I dont understand myself but i know they wil be needing alot of bus drivers I was told that by my cousin fiancee who will be retiring soon from mabstoa. When i took the boss exam in june i was sitting next to some one who didnt have his cdl permit yet. alot of people take these test but when they get the call their not ready

Think about it. The conductors exam has nothing to do with being a bus driver, but why give bus operator exam if MTA offers the job from the conductors list make no sense. They are trying to do away with their mistake of creating a test and utilize another. Money making fake tests. lol

When I took the test in1986 it was for Bus operator/Conductor. You could be called for either position. I was called for B/O.

Archived