Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

Hey guys I don't ever post on here I usually just read what's going on with everyone. I received my pre employment letter a couple months ago, I went in but couldn't go through with the process because my resident card had expired and I could not renew it as I was already waiting to take my oath to become a US citizen. Fast forward to now, I have all my documents , US passport, updated social security card, CDL permit etc and I called them to see if I can come back in but a woman said they have no jobs available and that I should call back in December.. really confused and upset right now. Could anyone help me out please?

You just have to be patient, that's all...

• 2 months later...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey wass up everyone any idea when is the next trainin class for this exam nimber ? Anyone can help will be appreciated thanks

Like I previously said, you have to be patient. Keep in mind also that the members (and myself) who post information on this site do it on a voluntary basis, no one is getting compensated any extra to post the information on this site. Therefore, please be patient...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any one has any idea when the next trainin class starts after the pne that begins tomm for this exam.. thank u

Normally, they are held every two [2] weeks, so the next one would 'ideally' start on February 20th, however, that day is President's Day, a National Holiday, so the next class may start that Tuesday, the 21st of February, with a make-up on Saturday, February 25th.

Finished orientation today. About 80 people, 40 in each room. In my room some were MTA and the rest were OA I believe. We had Supt. Soto (def a guy who tells it as it is.) Nothing but paperwork today of course and the IDs at the end.

Thankfully I landed my training at Yukon in Staten Island, helps me out since I live here. I have Supt. Negron, too lazy to look back at the pages so forgive me, has anyone had him ?

• 2 weeks later...

Qualified today on day 7. In order to be able to qualify day 7, you need to have satisfactory on day 6 which is basically get a perfect day on both day 6 and 7.

Since I don't have my cdl B license, I have RTS training tomorrow at Jamaica.

Congratulations! Everyone who passes on Day 7 goes to Jamaica for RTS training at Jamaica. On Day 8, you will likely not do much. When I passed Day 9, we did RTS training in Upper Manhattan.

I've been working for the MTA mabstoa for 8 months. Almost done with probation. Just out of curiosity what can get a person on their probationary period extended. I want to avoid it from happening to me.

Automatic Extensions

-Getting caught making no ADAs

-Speed/Red Light Camera Ticket

-Two Preventables

-Repeated Bad Rides

Racking up enough incidents, complaints, absences and lateness can get you extended as well. 8 months, you're almost there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Can any oa operator answer the question about getting a transfer to a Queens Depot. During day 0 at zerega. Is that transfer paper u sign specifically for that

As an OA operator you cant work at any Queens and Staten Island depot. You are only allowed to work in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx.

The 7 -10 zerega school room training has no option to where you would like to go. You will be place at any depot within the qualification training.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...

Archived