Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

When I took the test in1986 it was for Bus operator/Conductor. You could be called for either position. I was called for B/O.

Wow i was 9 years old in 86 lol   but that explain what they are doing

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I love it:-) thank-you for adding me:-))))).

I will like to know how to apply for bus operator for the MTA. I am a bus operator for Hillsborough Area Regional Transit ( Hart) in tampa Fl for 5 years and I'm planning to move back to NYC and off course I want to work for the MTA. Can you guys please tell me the step by step process. Thank-you in Advance!!! Can you please tell me if that's a new test application for bus operator test#4600 opening August 7, 2013 to August 27, 2013. I need Help!!!

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I love it:-) thank-you for adding me:-))))). I will like to know how to apply for bus operator for the MTA. I am a bus operator for Hillsborough Area Regional Transit ( Hart) in tampa Fl for 5 years and I'm planning to move back to NYC and off course I want to work for the MTA. Can you guys please tell me the step by step process. Thank-you in Advance!!! Can you please tell me if that's a new test application for bus operator test#4600 opening August 7, 2013 to August 27, 2013. I need Help!!!

www.mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm

Thats the link right there but you gonna have to wait Aug 7 for the notice of exam when it comes out read and follow what it says. Everyone saying that its gonna be for T.A so if thats the case you would pay online and take the test 6 months from Aug.

When is MTA going to start sending mail out to the ppl applied for BO 3101

September

Denlove19 how is it driving bus in florida? also how's the benefits and pay?    just curious

Thank-you for the info I will be checking it on August 7.

The driving in Florida is great because we don't have snow or black ice:-). But the People are soooo sensitive and cranky. The company is ok we have the Florida retirement system soo that's a plus and but the pay is crap. We make change compare to the MTA. Starting pay is 11.91 and top pay is 20.00 lol please don't laugh at us. Also we have ATU which is a plus in Florida because Florida don't like unions. Is not all that but they defend us with management when we need it. What can I say is a stable job but don't pay enough for all we do.

Thank-you for the info I will be checking it on August 7. The driving in Florida is great because we don't have snow or black ice:-). But the People are soooo sensitive and cranky. The company is ok we have the Florida retirement system soo that's a plus and but the pay is crap. We make change compare to the MTA. Starting pay is 11.91 and top pay is 20.00 lol please don't laugh at us. Also we have ATU which is a plus in Florida because Florida don't like unions. Is not all that but they defend us with management when we need it. What can I say is a stable job but don't pay enough for all we do.

You making 20 is probably much better then us making 30

The cost of living in Florida is much cheaper than in NY.

Thank-you for the info I will be checking it on August 7. The driving in Florida is great because we don't have snow or black ice:-). But the People are soooo sensitive and cranky. The company is ok we have the Florida retirement system soo that's a plus and but the pay is crap. We make change compare to the MTA. Starting pay is 11.91 and top pay is 20.00 lol please don't laugh at us. Also we have ATU which is a plus in Florida because Florida don't like unions. Is not all that but they defend us with management when we need it. What can I say is a stable job but don't pay enough for all we do

I dont know how long it take to reach top pay down there but 20 an hour is good money anywhere in the south.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on here applying for exam 4600 Bus Operator it comes out tomorrow?

Another bus operator exam really?

Whatever happened to 2301, 3101?

MTA is just creating false exams to make money from it.

Whoever tell you different don't know what they're talking about or they're from MTA.

Another bus operator exam really?

Whatever happened to 2301, 3101?

MTA is just creating false exams to make money from it.

Whoever tell you different don't know what they're talking about or they're from MTA.

2301 and 3101 are for mabstoa, 2613 and 4600 is for T.A

Exam 8006 from 2008 for T.A will expire in Aug or Sept this year and then they will be hiring from 2613 which was giving in jan of this year, also the test results and the list numbers for 2613 will be ready in sept and thats when people should be hearing from them as far as that exam. I would guess they will use 4600 to back up 2613 because the test date for that exam wont be until next year jan or feb. This guy on my job took the conductor test in 08 and recieved a letter to take the boss test a month ago and last week they sent him a employment packet for Bus operater so i think they need alot of drivers. He also told me when he went to take the boss he had a choice of staying on the list for conductor or take the boss and go for B.O thats what he did and it shouldnt be long before he is at training.

Mabstoa have that selection process which i dont like so 2301 and 3101 is up in the air you will never know when they will reach your random number. They both have different hiring processes but with T.A you control your own destiny cause its a civil service exam. Hope this helped you out or anyone eles who read this forum.

2301 and 3101 are for mabstoa, 2613 and 4600 is for T.A

Exam 8006 from 2008 for T.A will expire in Aug or Sept this year and then they will be hiring from 2613 which was giving in jan of this year, also the test results and the list numbers for 2613 will be ready in sept and thats when people should be hearing from them as far as that exam. I would guess they will use 4600 to back up 2613 because the test date for that exam wont be until next year jan or feb. This guy on my job took the conductor test in 08 and recieved a letter to take the boss test a month ago and last week they sent him a employment packet for Bus operater so i think they need alot of drivers. He also told me when he went to take the boss he had a choice of staying on the list for conductor or take the boss and go for B.O thats what he did and it shouldnt be long before he is at training.

Mabstoa have that selection process which i dont like so 2301 and 3101 is up in the air you will never know when they will reach your random number. They both have different hiring processes but with T.A you control your own destiny cause its a civil service exam. Hope this helped you out or anyone eles who read this forum.

They already reached my random number waiting for the medical which is not gonna happen.

If they do need drivers they would have utilized 2301 rather than for part-time bus drivers without benefits.

I took that same exam back n '08 for conductor. Exam #8094 I've been through most of the process(B/O) except now I'm just waiting for the final process. I just hope I get in to training b4 the month of August is over. The last time I was there was on 7/24 and have'nt heard from anyone since. I've got my fingers crossed cause the anticaption is eating me up also because jobs in NYC is scarce. I'm dying to get this 1ce in a lifetime opportunity cause I can't wait another 5yrs if I don't. :(

I took that same exam back n '08 for conductor. Exam #8094 I've been through most of the process(B/O) except now I'm just waiting for the final process. I just hope I get in to training b4 the month of August is over. The last time I was there was on 7/24 and have'nt heard from anyone since. I've got my fingers crossed cause the anticaption is eating me up also because jobs in NYC is scarce. I'm dying to get this 1ce in a lifetime opportunity cause I can't wait another 5yrs if I don't. :(

If you finish the process you should be good july 24 wasnt even a month ago but you are in there,you can also take exam 4600 to be on the safe side,if you dont get called by aug 27 which is the deadline for the application for 4600 just file for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my list number for exam 3101. List #5XX. I hope this is a good number. I'm reading the bottom of the letter and it says "those with good driving records will be called in for continuation in the bus operation selection survey." What do they consider a good driving record? Right now I have 4 points on my license from a job about 3-4 years ago for being off a truck route. Do you think this is going to effect my application? Is there anyway to fight it? 

List number for 3101 ?

Yes Qboro 35xx fot the 3101 exam. I wish it were a lower number but it's still a better number than the 53xx I got on the 2301 exam. This is the third of four applications I've submitted. I'm really hoping to swing with the 2613 TA exam placement from all of them. But I'll take any. If I do get in with 2301, 3101 first and 2613 happens to call me afterwards then I'll switch. Lots of luck to all.

I just got my list number for exam 3101. List #5XX. I hope this is a good number. I'm reading the bottom of the letter and it says "those with good driving records will be called in for continuation in the bus operation selection survey." What do they consider a good driving record? Right now I have 4 points on my license from a job about 3-4 years ago for being off a truck route. Do you think this is going to effect my application? Is there anyway to fight it?

Kato in regards to your points I believe 4 points is the limit they will tolerate. 36 to 40 monhs passed from either the date of conviction or possibly the date of the offense when you received the summons is the time frame for clearance. I've heard quite a few people linked to transit nycsays 40 months. At DMV I believe it's 3 years but I heard transit has their own requirements. So i'd go with the 40 months to be on the safe side. DON'T GET ANYMORE POINTS!

A good driving record is no points, no tickets, no violations, no suspension or restrictions on your license.

If you got 4 points 3-4 years ago it should had cleared from your driving record.

Every renewal you'll start of a new slate.

Otherwise, you would need to take the 6 hours point reduction program at any driving school and that will take 4 pts. off your license.

You need to have a clean driving record for the duration of employment with MTA Bus Company.

If those are your list numbers other than random numbers congrats to all.

They go with the lowest numbers for the hire process and also look for driving records.

I believe every candidate to the bus operator position should have a clean driving record.

Archived