Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

@crashes43 yes never lie they find out everything I don't know the whole story about ur ticket but since mta said clear it up I suggest u go fight the ticket with the judge try to settle with da fine and no points use the new job as 1 of ur defensive does the new 2 points give u a total of 4 points ? If so u better fight

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got question. Tomorrow will be my first day at Zerega. At Livingston they give me a bunch of books and paperwork that say bring it in for training. There is a lot of things to fill out. Do i have to fill this out or they will tell us at Zerega how to do it?

Just got back from the doc and he did a full physical to make sure nothing else was wrong. Results should be in by Wednesday and he's confident everything is ok so hopefully I'll be headed by straight to Brooklyn after that. Does anyone know how long it takes from day 1 training until you get your cdl license after passing the training?

@taz

The training days are only on weekdays with Tuesday being day 1 of actual training for example for the March 9th class that will be tomorrow. while today is day 10 for the zerega class that started 2 weeks ago.

Correct me anyone if im wrong

@taz

The training days are only on weekdays with Tuesday being day 1 of actual training for example for the March 9th class that will be tomorrow. while today is day 10 for the zerega class that started 2 weeks ago.

Correct me anyone if im wrong

U correct. Today was day 10 for people from 2 weeks ago. Today was my first day at Zerega and we were told to go to dmv and pay for driving test but do not DO NOT make appointment for driving test just pay for it. MTA will schedule driving test for u and i think like 2 weeks after u pass MTA test on day 7 or 10.

Whole day we were doing paperwork that they give us. Not the one from Livingston st. Classroom was on 2 floor. On each desk was a folder. They put folders in alphabetical order so when we walked in we had to look for our folder this way we knew where do we seat.In folders there was few papers and also they had your driving and criminal records. We had 2 breaks. One was like 9am till 920 and lunch from 12 till 1. After lunch few more papers and then we got metro card/pass.like 2pm they told us to what depot to report tomorrow. It was 52 people in class. They send 4 people to one class at depot. Some depots have 2 classes so they send 8 people there. Basicly 1 depot class is 4 people. And yes they send 1 guy home because he come few minutes late. Not much maybe 5 mins and they send him home. So guys be on time. They look at the time u come in. Also make sure u dress as it say on paper. Dont forget tie. Few guys didnt have tie and instructor boss come to class and told instructor to make sure next day evereybody has tie. There are MTA people everywhere watching u. What u doing, what time u come in and how did u dress.

See, that's the thing... 

I don't have a violent arrest or drugs or anything like that... also, I'm fighting 2 tickets the bad thing is the 1st ticket is for double yellow lines BUT I was exiting a driveway which is legal BUT the judge out here in Staten Island is INFAMOUS for convicting people no matter the proof.EVERYONE loses with this guy... this man bought in an unopened copy of his cell phone bill to prove he wasn't speaking on his phone and the judge told him SO WHAT... 4 points, $250 for the ticket and $300 for court fee's... CABRON este tipo 

The 2nd ticket IS crossing the bridge speeding BUT I wasn't speeding, I'm hoping I'll have some luck with that because it's in Brooklyn. I"m hoping to make something happen because even though I'm 4105 Ive been passed over for this test for the last 10yrs, paying $60 and never getting a notice..... now I just got my CDL, I finally get called and take my test and all this happens... BOGUS!!

@ealfinez those tickets u r fighting if u can get the dates adjourned until ur appointed that would work better if u lose and receive points that's gonna b a problem similar situation my husband was in he got convicted of a speeding ticket right b4 appointment and had to wait a whole year b4 he could get the job that ticket put him ova the points and mta does not accept defensive driving at all

@ealfinez. Dat situation is crazy seems like u have a better chance with the bklyn ticket im out of suggestions sorry but maybe this job isn't 4 u sometimes things happen for a reason u got passed ova for 10 yrs applying for the job n now these tickets. Im just saying wit all dat being said wats 4 u will come to u.

@MTA... LMFAO... yeah... but I'm going to fight it in any way possible.... because I've been through TOO DAMN MUCH to let this go

@ealfinez. Dat situation is crazy seems like u have a better chance with the bklyn ticket im out of suggestions sorry but maybe this job isn't 4 u sometimes things happen for a reason u got passed ova for 10 yrs applying for the job n now these tickets. Im just saying wit all dat being said wats 4 u will come to u.

Whole day we were doing paperwork that they give us. Not the one from Livingston st. Classroom was on 2 floor. On each desk was a folder. They put folders in alphabetical order so when we walked in we had to look for our folder this way we knew where do we seat.In folders there was few papers and also they had your driving and criminal records. We had 2 breaks. One was like 9am till 920 and lunch from 12 till 1. After lunch few more papers and then we got metro card/pass.like 2pm they told us to what depot to report tomorrow. It was 52 people in class. They send 4 people to one class at depot. Some depots have 2 classes so they send 8 people there. Basicly 1 depot class is 4 people. And yes they send 1 guy home because he come few minutes late. Not much maybe 5 mins and they send him home. So guys be on time. They look at the time u come in. Also make sure u dress as it say on paper. Dont forget tie. Few guys didnt have tie and instructor boss come to class and told instructor to make sure next day evereybody has tie. There are MTA people everywhere watching u. What u doing, what time u come in and how did u dress.

Thanks for the info! Do they give you a metro card for everyday of training?

i am not sure about merto north. I know if u use LIRR or path u need to tell them so they will give u card that u can use on path or LIRR dont know about merto north. U will need to ask them at zerega. u going 23rd? If u guys want to drive to Zerega and they tell u be there at 7am make sure u get there way before 6am so u have time for parking. I had to park 4 blocks away becasue mon tue thur frid they clean streets around there plus u have sanitation and big school bus company right there too. Since its hard to get there buy subway a lot of people driving and taking a lot of parking Spots. Just be there early.

Hello everyone I really need someone with knowledge to help me out. I recently got my letter to start the process for BUS Operator 3101. I discard letter and never went to the appoitment. The reason being because I am already working for the state as a correction officer. I always dream of being a bus driver since I was little. 

I really need insight on the salary, Pension, etc..

Currently @ my job I get 25 and out Which means I could retired at 50 years with 1/2 pay oppose to waiting untill 55/25 for mta.

@ my current job I will Need to contribute entirely between 4-6% to my pension.

I get to to do swap at work so I could work 2, 16 hour shift and than get 4 days off.

with current contract My job rate will be without OT after 6 years around $69,000.00, There is longevity paid which is giving @ 10,15,20,25 years of service. so after all it said and done with current contract at 25 years of service I could be making around $81k B4 OT.

I know Bus operator top pay is around $32 hr. after 4-5 years, but my question is do you guys get longevity, night differnetial. Are we allow to do mutuals/swaps, how much do i need to contribute toward my pension ? please I need this Answers giving to me immediatley.

Archived