Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

The school room might not take you thru it, but if you work in a depot that has X routes you will have to drive thru them.

i gotta kno the clearence so this way i don`t hit any thing or take out the mirror on the bus in the tunnel and question on the turn how far do i go out with the bus in the intersection be 4 i make my turn so i don`t put my back wheel or rear end on the side walk or run over the curb

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Igor Gaysinsky

Are you going for mta bus. If so your not going to train on the MCI when your doing 7-10 days training. Also they will not let you go in a  tunnel or over a  bridge with out knowing you can Handel that bus.  

GOOD LUCK 

Igor Gaysinsky

Are you going for mta bus. If so your not going to train on the MCI when your doing 7-10 days training. Also they will not let you go in a  tunnel or over a  bridge with out knowing you can Handel that bus.  

GOOD LUCK 

i`m going for mta nycta 8006

i gotta kno the clearence so this way i don`t hit any thing or take out the mirror on the bus in the tunnel and question on the turn how far do i go out with the bus in the intersection be 4 i make my turn so i don`t put my back wheel or rear end on the side walk or run over the curb

You have nothing to worry about because if you could maenuvuer that access a ride van thru new york city traffic you will do fine after the training the mta will give you. you already know mta busses fit in the batt tunnel so dont worry about the width just dont hit the wall or the orange sticks in the middle. Dont stress out acces a ride have given you the expeirence to drive them big busses in plus they run on a fix route and you know we hae nothing close to fix route. They will teach you the height width and lenght of the bus. you will be whipping it with one hand  pretty soon.

You have nothing to worry about because if you could maenuvuer that access a ride van thru new york city traffic you will do fine after the training the mta will give you. you already know mta busses fit in the batt tunnel so dont worry about the width just dont hit the wall or the orange sticks in the middle. Dont stress out acces a ride have given you the expeirence to drive them big busses in plus they run on a fix route and you know we hae nothing close to fix route. They will teach you the height width and lenght of the bus. you will be whipping it with one hand  pretty soon.

true true but those yellow cabs and the black cab r scared of me when i muscle that big van lol i kno they fit i think the aar vans are 25 or 30 feet long i`m not sure on that. i did hit a orange cone once or a few times with the access a ride van

Hi I just got a ticket by a cop for a No Left Turn device. But there was no sign indicating No Left Turn and the officer said yes there was.

I went back to the intersection to look at the sign and there was none. So I took pictures of the intersection and watched six cars make left turns on that same intersection.

Can this ticket actually hurt me for the MTA Bus Operator?

Thanks for your feedback.

true true but those yellow cabs and the black cab r scared of me when i muscle that big van lol i kno they fit i think the aar vans are 25 or 30 feet long i`m not sure on that. i did hit a orange cone once or a few times with the access a ride van

you'll be fine. i was in the 6/20/11 class and never drove a bus and only have my CDL permit. the instructors are really great. if you have you CDL then you don't have to stress the pre trip inspection but you still need to learn it. if you only have a permit they will expect you to learn the pre trip very well as well as the air brake test. for those who has a permit, you will be scheduled a DMV road test before you start line training using mta bus. if you pass trining in 7 days you get 2 chances with your road test. oh and they will use the old buses for training and you'll need to get used to that difficult right side mirror. my tip is never be late and listen to the instructor. as long as you follow their instructions you'll be driving that bus in 7 days.

Lmfao I'm the broad street bully in them vans my company have car routes but i never get them I also hit them cones one time before had to stop that lazy driving!!!!!

Hi I just got a ticket by a cop for a No Left Turn device. But there was no sign indicating No Left Turn and the officer said yes there was.

I went back to the intersection to look at the sign and there was none. So I took pictures of the intersection and watched six cars make left turns on that same intersection.

Can this ticket actually hurt me for the MTA Bus Operator?

Thanks for your feedback.

It can only hurt you if you pay the fine which means your pleaded guilty If you contest it in front of administrative judge with your evidence you have a good chance of beating it.  Hopefully the cop dont show and they will dismiss it. now if you dont beat it or pay the fine i dont think it will hurt just disclose the ticket to them if asked. If you beat the ticket in court its like you never got it.

Lmfao I'm the broad street bully in them vans my company have car routes but i never get them I also hit them cones one time before had to stop that lazy driving!!!!!

It can only hurt you if you pay the fine which means your pleaded guilty If you contest it in front of administrative judge with your evidence you have a good chance of beating it.  Hopefully the cop dont show and they will dismiss it. now if you dont beat it or pay the fine i dont think it will hurt just disclose the ticket to them if asked. If you beat the ticket in court its like you never got it.

lol yea i did both in my company bus and car routes now all we have is buses gas and so diesel thanks to sandy she distoryed 56 crown vic`s in the company those car routes i loved driving those crown victorias

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know if everyone gets called eventually? Assuming you pass the BOSS, drug test, etc. Is it more or less guaranteed and just a matter of how long? Just curious. If it takes a year great, if it takes 2 years, so be it. Thanks in advance for the responses.

I know right... LETS GO!!!!!! .. lol So i heard MTA Bus company were hiring Part time drivers....You think they going to try to do the same for OA? or is TWU going to back us up with that part time nonsense 

The only depot out of MTA BUS that's hiring for PT is spring creek. TWU depots at MTABC( EC,YO,LG,CP and BP ) is not having that as well as OA and TA depots that are TWU.

So, can someone pleassssssse explain the random numbers process. My question is: After random numbers go out and you take the BOSS, are you given a non-random number based on the BOSS results?? Also, suppose you don't do well on the BOSS (I'm sure I'll do fine, it's just a hypothetical question due to curiousity), would you get a number so high that you would never get called? Thanks in advance!

Exam 2301 are offering PT position. Letters went out and candidates are receiving those requests.

But then why open 3101 if its the same Bus Operator BOSS test.

3 different sections are under MTA Bus Operations the PT is only for one section 3101 is for another and 2613 for another

Question if i passed the 2301 boss exam and i take the 3101 exam and fail will that affect me in any way with the 2301 exam ???

From my understanding to what was told/explained to me is you pass one BOSS exam you will be able to use that single result for any later BOSS exams in the future (but for how long is what I do not know). So, anotherwords you won't have to retake a BOSS exam twice. Your passing result should be good for any next requirement and not necesarry to take anothe BOSS exam. 

Who is better to work for (not sure if this is right ) MTA - OA - TA  Any help would be good. and are there any advantage or disadvantage working for either

TA is a civil service job and has the best pension plan. Civil service bus operators are all part of local 100 TWU. I would say strongly that MABSTOA is second runner-up while the career is very close to comparison with TA in regards to benefits/pension. MTA bus company pension is a bit less and some of their routes pay less (not to mention MTA bus has contract agreements that allows them to hire part time bus operators with no benefits. TWU local 100 which is the union all TA bus operators join don't have that agreement in their contract. So I hope this may clear some of the concerns and questions about what the unions are doing about the part time hirings. I believe MTA bus is the only division in agreement to do this with respect to their contract.

From my understanding to what was told/explained to me is you pass one BOSS exam you will be able to use that single result for any later BOSS exams in the future (but for how long is what I do not know). So, anotherwords you won't have to retake a BOSS exam twice..

But 2301 boss is MTA  and 3101 is OA (If this correct) and I wanted to go with OA Then I need to take this Boss exam to ???

From my understanding to what was told/explained to me is you pass one BOSS exam you will be able to use that single result for any later BOSS exams in the future (but for how long is what I do not know). So, anotherwords you won't have to retake a BOSS exam twice. Your passing result should be good for any next requirement and not necesarry to take anothe BOSS exam. TA is a civil service job and has the best pension plan. Civil service bus operators are all part of local 100 TWU. I would say strongly that MABSTOA is second runner-up while the career is very close to comparison with TA in regards to benefits/pension. MTA bus company pension is a bit less and some of their routes pay less (not to mention MTA bus has contract agreements that allows them to hire part time bus operators with no benefits. TWU local 100 which is the union all TA bus operators join don't have that agreement in their contract. So I hope this may clear some of the concerns and questions about what the unions are doing about the part time hirings. I believe MTA bus is the only division in agreement to do this with respect to their contract.

doesn't ta also have the privlige to pick into oa like if someone wanted to pick into quill from fresh pond  

also what is the perception that  those who do get in and when they pick into their first ta depot that  they should avoid ATU depots cause they want to "lock you in" explain that please?

Archived