Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got question monday will be day 5 form me and we will be in Manhattan. I asked my instructor this question but he say i can not answer u this couse we will experience that. So question is going cross town thru central park overpass say 10.10 hight and my bus is 11.3. I know my bus is to high for that according to sign but i know bus go thru thete. What should i tell to my instructor when we will go there?

Just wanna say thanks to everyone here for sharing their wisdom and experiences. I cleared up my medical situation and will be starting training on the 23rd and the info I've gotten from this forum is invaluable. I bought all my necessities this morning (tie, shirt, pants, boots and even a navy blue polo jacket) so I'm ready for the next step.

I understand the question but you are being nervous for no reason. There is no way the pass can be lower than your bus. You just said it its a bus route. Bus pass through there everyday.

By the way what gives you the idea that the over pass is lower than your bus. Maybe the sides of the overpass is lower than tour bus but the middle (the area you are driving through couldnt be)

Look the instructions arent trying to trick you. Day 5 is upper manhattan Day 6 is lower than manhattan. Im not sure if the underpass you are referring to but maybe the measurement is on the sides not direct above where buses drive through which would mean the middle is 14 are better

@gucio84. Dainty2200 is right the middle of the overpass is the highest point so wen u drive thru ur really in the middle. The small school bus is 9.3 and 1 of the overpasses on the northern state pkwy is 7.10 Ive driven that route twice a day for months trust I took my 1st b class in that bus n for the road test u have point out the highest and say I can make it.

@mta1988 Stay where u are I have c.o's in the family and bus drivers u have the better everything

Remember I am doing State corrections not City correction. You really think state is still better than a career as a bus operator?

Hi gucio how was the week of training.

So far went good. Monday zerega do paperwork and get depot locations. Tuesday day we did some basic turns in Flatlands bk. Wednesday instructor put me on lie and Whitestone bridge. I drove all the way to Zerega to do simulators. Then we went to Howard Beach to practice more turns. Thursday zerega again and college point. Friday bronx to do EL pillars and than parking and backing up. So so far was ok just worry about Monday and Tuesday thats in Manhattan and if i do those 2 days good i may go for test on day 7. So any infos about where in Manhattan they taking us will help.

@Gucio84 The first day is at zerega then you are sent to a depot for tues.May i ask you was it manhattan, bronx or brooklyn and then i assume when training is over you get to pick which depot you want to go if it is open? 

Yup monday is at zerega u do paperwork than they give u metor card and tell u to what depot u have to report on Tuesday. The depot u going on Tuesday its the one u will go everyday till day 7th. if u not qualify on day 7 u getting different instructor and i think different depot for day 8 9 and 10. I am in Brooklyn depot division. And yes if u qualified u can pick depot u want if they have open spots. But before u pick your depot u need to qualify and its a lot of info in short time. Good luck.

Does anyone know how does it take to hear from the reviewing board regarding dispositions? Went to pre employment last week and was told I'm done for the day and will be contacted by phone or mail notifying me on the next steps.

Day 5 went ok. Not happy about myself i made few mistakes that i should be aware of but i got satisfactory. Guys its a lot to take it. In my group one guy i guess couldn't handle pressure and didnt show up today. Best adwice listen listen and listen what superintendent tells you. Remember he is your way to getting job. If u do way he tells u to u be ok.

Archived