Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help? If I get called to medical and have high blood pressure what will they do? Has anyone experienced this dilemma?

Best way to resolve this my frirnd is to see your PCP doctor and have the doc see you and place you under his/her observation care and place you on a structure diet. Transit MAC will only disqualify you if its an extreme threat or is not under control. As long you bring a note from your dr stating that its under control, you will be fine. Start eating less salt, more water and etc.

Best way to resolve this my frirnd is to see your PCP doctor and have the doc see you and place you under his/her observation care and place you on a structure diet. Transit MAC will only disqualify you if its an extreme threat or is not under control. As long you bring a note from your dr stating that its under control, you will be fine. Start eating less salt, more water and etc.

I agree. Just make sure you can manage it well. Being a bus operator for the past six years and gaining excess weight, I became vegan and dropped a lot of it. I see better at night, I am more alert, I am just better, overall.

@stepurgameup depending on the meds u take if its only a water pill u can get away wit not mentioning it. Only control substance shows up in drug test also here's a trick I have masted. 30 days nothing but water. U will drop 30 lbs and days pressure I came off the pills for a year.

I agree. Just make sure you can manage it well. Being a bus operator for the past six years and gaining excess weight, I became vegan and dropped a lot of it. I see better at night, I am more alert, I am just better, overall.

@latacunga, yes there is parking. There are two lots next to the depot. One they say usually gets full. The other they say closes at 7pm in a way (you get blocked in by buses), There is also parking along side of the depot where only staff should be parked. They suggested getting a parking permit so I put in for that. Hope that helps. That's all I found out today for my first day there.

@stepurgameup, I could be wrong but doubt that would lead to them not hiring you. Like others suggest, start looking into ways to take care of it (and in a preventative way). There's a number of ways, just gotta do lots of research & get your doctor's opinion. Don't wanna say much more cause people believe certain things are best. I used to believe in a certain way of eating and realized I was wrong. Again, do lots and lots of your own research and you should find a sensible solution. Good luck!

@latacunga, New Comers after line training and they graduate, You will now be a Floater/List Operator until the next Bus Operator Pick. What a floater does is basically, They tell you to report to work at a certain time, and you will stay at the depot until further notice. If another bus operator calls out of work, You will replace that bus operator route. If a Bus operator is going for a week or a month vacation, You will most likely be taking over that route and run until further notice. If they need you to do shuttle buses, you will be giving that route. If a Bus is at a location and they need someone to go get that bus and bring it back to the depot, they will have you do that. Some days you don't even do nothing and still get paid. 

Received a call and email exam 4105 results are still being processed in 9 months the eligibility list will be established and letters will be sent out. Huh that's new since when do u wait so long for pass or fail

Received a call and email exam 4105 results are still being processed in 9 months the eligibility list will be established and letters will be sent out. Huh that's new since when do u wait so long for pass or fail

@MTAwife

Just got that call as well, I had a feeling that 4105 would be established sometime in 2016.

Just wanted to update everyone- I qualified today on my day 7 and I have to thank everyone for their advice. I have a problem though because our instructor told us to report to jamaica tomorrow but I don't see one for Mabstoa. Does anyone know what depot that would be?

Just wanted to update everyone- I qualified today on my day 7 and I have to thank everyone for their advice. I have a problem though because our instructor told us to report to jamaica tomorrow but I don't see one for Mabstoa. Does anyone know what depot that would be?

What is your list number range? 

I wonder if someone could help me figure this out. I took a drug test on march 16th and medical on the 19th of ma

rch got clearence on my medical they told me i will get a call. Theycall me today and ask me to report on the 9th for another drug test. Is drug test good for 30 days but it is not 30 day yet.

Congrats Taz!

Quick question for you, do you get paid for qualification (Day1-10)?

Archived