Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Exactly as Duece said. I've had anywhere from a 30 minute break  to a 4 hour break (aka swing). Sometimes you'll finish a run a little later, so you're 30 minute will turn into a 20 minute. You can always call in for a personal too in case you need to use the bathroom after a run and you're already running a bit behind. Also, during in-line training, the regulars will show you where the bathrooms are on all the runs. You just have to adjust things accordingly. If I know I won't have many breaks, etc., I will make sure to have a liquid shake which can hold me over aside from my lunch. There are things like Ensure, Nutrament, etc. and, aside from a liquid meal replacement/supplement, snacks like cashews, etc. (or cookies, etc. if you're not very health-conscious).

Please forgive me..im not trying to sound any way but some of these questions shouldnt be asked at the moment because you guys are far ahead of yourself. Lets focus on passing training and if you dont have a cdl license lets focus on that. These are obstacles that you have to overcome before worrying yourself with simple things like schedules, lunch, line training, swings etc.

@latacunga, your swing is your break. You may have one or more. Sometimes you'll go back to your route you just did, sometimes you'll do a different route. Hoope that helps.

@dainty2200, you're right though I'm also guilty of asking future things too. Damn curiousity haha :P

You're right about it and I was actually thinking the same. Too many silly questions like worrying if you have to go to the restroom while at work or if you ever going to get called. I would say just worry about passing the training period and be patient when you get the call.

I drove MTA bus. You'll be route training for a few weeks. Working the schedule of your trainer. Don't get use to his/her days and money. After your training you will be on your own. Watch your depart time. And never arrive to early for your final stops. Its good to run late, the only thing is it messes with your break time..sometimes you'll be going back and forth with no break in between cause your running late. Good luck. Oh yeah veteran drivers say hi on the road so wave bavk . they wave and then 20Minutes later they'll have you picking up all their ppl and wheel chair customerslol

@latacunga, your swing is your break. You may have one or more. Sometimes you'll go back to your route you just did, sometimes you'll do a different route. Hoope that helps.

@dainty2200, you're right though I'm also guilty of asking future things too. Damn curiousity haha :P

Yea i totally get it..it happens to the best of us..but i just want people coming in to know you cant sweat tourself with the small stuff..passing on day 7, day 9, or day 10 is what needs to happen..then around 3 weeks later dont forget dmv road test..there are people who fail dmv road test and are asked to resign. So just take it day by day. I habe a friend who passed on day 10 which means one shot at the road test, instructor said let me out and back up 100 feet. My friend forgot to get out the bus and check behind him. Automatic fail..he was asked to resign..so imagine that. You qualify on day 10, go to your depot do about 2 weeks of line training only to lose your job because you fail dmv..keep in mind dmv have some a... holes

^ Exactly!! That's why I got my CDL first. I couldn't even imagine the feeling of passing with MTA, doing line training, then failing the DMV road test and being forced to resign. Yes, DMV does have some a**holes. In fact, they're everywhere in life!!! Trying to avoid them if possible is half our life battles.

Funny that situation happened to my husband but they didn't fail him u get 2 road test he had his cdl A already when I took my b in the school bus and left the key in the bus I didn't fail either. So maybe the person had 2 many mistakes or the DMV tester was a D__k luck of the draw sometimes. If u can get ur CDL first u have a better chance lesson or 500 its worth it to remove DAT extra stress

Oh OK I got u my husband qualified day 7 well driving a bus for the 1st time is difficult in itself let alone going while under that kind of pressure everyone just focus and pray what's 4 u will come to you. Good luck 2 everyone I'm chilin for DA next 9 months wen 4105 is established. Stay up u guys and gals

I 100% agree and  raise both my hands up in the sky to get the CDL on your own. At the end of the journey, it will be worth it. If the finance is an issue, try to seek  a driving school that's willing to work out a payment plans.  

And keep in mind that not every Supt from Transit are the same. Some are more picky and tough when it comes to qualifying a student. Best way to win is to do everything the safest and best way as possible.

Yes duces. Everyone who doesn't have a cdl research driving schools and compare prices get our own

And after you get it on your own, get some experience!!! It's always best to get behind the wheel of even a school bus so you get the feel of a bus.

I agree 100% with everything said. I have my permit so I'm waiting on the dmv road test but I had a guy that came in my last 2 days of training and he failed his first road test but he handled the bus like a champ. Thankfully he passed the 2nd test and got the job but he said the dmv test is a different animal but if you treat it as the regular driver test its easily passable.

I only saw 2 people on hear respond. Did anyone else geta eemail or call about 4105 being established in 9 months. My nefew # is 6xxx he hasn't received anything

I only saw 2 people on hear respond. Did anyone else get a email or call about 4105 being established in 9 months. My nefew # is 6xxx he hasn't received anything

I only saw 2 people on hear respond. Did anyone else get a email or call about 4105 being established in 9 months. My nefew # is 6xxx he hasn't received anything

I only saw 2 people on hear respond. Did anyone else geta eemail or call about 4105 being established in 9 months. My nefew # is 6xxx he hasn't received anything

I got both a phone call and e-mail message...

@youngnycsubwayfan can u tell me part of our list number

I'm2xxx on 4105

Offhand, I honestly don't recall. However, I failed the training program in February of 2014 and I have to wait 5 years to try again, which is February 2019. Therefore, I personally think my list # does not matter.

Sorry...

I am not sure we got your question from only 3 copy and paste could you please rephrase it

;)

Archived