Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband received his call back, but didn't have his permit. It took him 3 months, but he has finally passed his permit test. He called the number today to make his next appointment but received an answering machine and left a message. I told him to personally go down to Livingston and speak to someone as this I believe is considered an urgent matter. Do they accept walk ins? Or does he have to keep calling? His exam number was 3101 and list number 2092. Does he still have a chance to get selected for training? What would be the next step?

He should call 347 643-1229, 1230 or 1231. And if everything goes well, He will have to take a drug test and sent home with bunch of paper work to fill out. The drug test result will last for a period of 30 days. After 30 days, if they don't call him by then, he will have to retake it again when they finally call him back for a retake. After the drug test process, the next step will be  Medical. And If that goes well, he will be place into one of the opening training class.   Good luck!

My husband received his call back, but didn't have his permit. It took him 3 months, but he has finally passed his permit test. He called the number today to make his next appointment but received an answering machine and left a message. I told him to personally go down to Livingston and speak to someone as this I believe is considered an urgent matter. Do they accept walk ins? Or does he have to keep calling? His exam number was 3101 and list number 2092. Does he still have a chance to get selected for training? What would be the next step?

If the exam is a civil service exam then he would have to reinstate his list number through DCAS.

If it is not then he has to get in contact with mta. I recommend going down in person.

Thank you all for ur advice. On Tuesday my husband after leaving 2 messages, decided to go down Livingston street. While there, he took his drug test, and was told to expect a call with in 3-30 days. The next training class is on the 29th of this month. Hopefully they call him soon to get the medical.

It doesnt state age requirement. But if you are able to get a license in nys at 18. You have to have a license for 2 years to be considered

Well I currently have my junior license at age 17, would this count toward the 2 years or would I have to have my full license?

The minimum wage is about 22 dollars an hour. Which comes to about 42 thousand a year. That's not including holiday overtime uniform and depot differential pay.

It also depends on your position TA or OA

The minimum wage is about 22 dollars an hour. Which comes to about 42 thousand a year. That's not including holiday overtime uniform and depot differential pay.

It also depends on your position TA or OA

uniform and depot differential pay ...  ??? We do not get paid for Uniform and there is no such thing as Depot Differential Pay

Also, there are very few runs that are 8 hours long, so over time is a regular occurrence.

Well I currently have my junior license at age 17, would this count toward the 2 years or would I have to have my full license?

DJ does not count, You can always take your name off the list and call in to reinstate when you will have the necessary license requirement ( 2 or 3 years, i dont remember )

"You can get a Class B commercial license at 18 years old, but federal requirements dictate that you must be at least 21 years old to drive a commercial vehicle across state lines."

Tyheem How old are you ?

DJ does not count, You can always take your name off the list and call in to reinstate when you will have the necessary license requirement ( 2 or 3 years, i dont remember )

"You can get a Class B commercial license at 18 years old, but federal requirements dictate that you must be at least 21 years old to drive a commercial vehicle across state lines."

Tyheem How old are you ?

I'm 17 right now, so I guess I'll apply next year if they have an exam then, since I heard it can take about 3-4 year to be called. I would like to get in as soon as possible.

Can u be disqualified for taking blood pressure medicine?

Can u be disqualified for taking blood pressure medicine?

NO

as long as your BP is in check, and as long as you tell them during medical

NO

as long as your BP is in check, and as long as you tell them during medical

:)

:)

In less than 2 weeks it will be 3 months since I took the drug test. I'm not sure if I should go to Livingston and ask to retake it or if I should patiently wait for them to call me back so that I could retake it. I called a few weeks ago and they were still on list #3196.

Archived