Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

For those that been through the process ... I caught a disobeying a traffic dilevice in a garbage truck two points and a fine .. This was back in 2008-2009 can't even remember ... I want to disclose that but how can I if I went to the dmv today and it's not showing in the abstract ... Any suggestions ?? Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DueceDrives,my list number is 63xx.The letter was dated on the 16th and i received it on the 18th.I feared that if i started the process it could creat more problems down the line as far as reinstating myself.My heart is really with liberty lines.There is a line at the botton where you can decline,so i did.I think Liberty is a once in a lifetime opportunity because it's so hard to get in.With transit the option is still there.

@DueceDrives,my list number is 63xx.The letter was dated on the 16th and i received it on the 18th.I feared that if i started the process it could creat more problems down the line as far as reinstating myself.My heart is really with liberty lines.There is a line at the botton where you can decline,so i did.I think Liberty is a once in a lifetime opportunity because it's so hard to get in.With transit the option is still there.

I respect your decision. But IMO MTA is s hard to get in also. Lately as more exams are out, the more people are applyng now to work with transit since its a great steady job. But as long you have options go with what makes you feel comfortable.

@busman70. You can still go through the process with transit and place your list number on hold and reinstate at a later time. You just never know what can happen down the road. You can try liberty lines and see how it goes and if you dont like it you still have transit instead of declining everything.

@DueceDrives.Thanks for the info,i never thought about it that way.I hope eveything goes as planned.I see you are not too far away either as far as list numbers are concerned(saw you mentioned your number range on another thread) Good luck when they call you and Merry Xmas.

I haven't gotten called yet but I am in the 74xx, so should be called soon. I just went today for a routine physical. I was just diagnosed with minor high blood pressure (hypertension) I was put on 25mg water pill. Just in case I asked and received a note stating that it is under control and I am ok to drive the bus. Do you think I will be disqualified even tho I have the note. Or should I have waited to get the note once I am called?

I haven't gotten called yet but I am in the 74xx, so should be called soon. I just went today for a routine physical. I was just diagnosed with minor high blood pressure (hypertension) I was put on 25mg water pill. Just in case I asked and received a note stating that it is under control and I am ok to drive the bus. Do you think I will be disqualified even tho I have the note. Or should I have waited to get the note once I am called?

I think you did the right thing. Both you and your doctor are aware of the situation and its being monitor which is consider "under control" just keep your dieting under control as well. Less salt and stressed food.

The day I hear you mention to us on the forum that you received a letter, will be the day I see some sort of relief because my list number is 89xx and you're 74xx so that would mean we're getting close.

@dainty2200. In your opinion as far as slightly high blood pressure 147/87. Do you think that's grounds for disqualification?

@dainty2200. In your opinion as far as slightly high blood pressure 147/87. Do you think that's grounds for disqualification, if I have notice for clearance from my physician ?

I honestly dont know..but what i do know is once your pressure is controlled you will be fine.

Look dont stress yourself to much..you will be okay..i have a friend that was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and she sleeps with a machine and she's in..she just goes to MAC every 6months..to check her stats.

Hey guys have a funny dilemma....So i called for exam 3101. Did everything come to find out I failed the drug test. Now i dont smoke weed but Im on migraine meds. MRO returns my call never asks me If I was in prescriotion meds or anything he tells me call employment services and they can better assist me. I call employment services and they tell me I tested positive and they are gonna put me in a 10 wek drug counciling prigram and upon completion Ill be put back on the list! Anyone ever heard of this? Im glad I wasnt disqualified but a 10 week program?? Hopefully I still get called after! What do you guys think?

Future MABSTOA thats interseting, i taught that program was only open to employees but i guess not, if you want the job then check it out and see what its all about. i know they said the program will have to clear you first before you can return but once you have your doctor's notes and stuff you should be ok. @stepurgameup the only procedure you need to take is keep taking your blood pressure meds to keep it in control and you will be good.

@stepurgameup you suppose to disclose all meds that you are taking. On the day of your medical you have to full out a questionare on the computer before you see the doctor in which it ask various things and one of the things is to list any meds that you are currently taking. You dont have to worry as long as your pressure is controlled you are good to go so dont panic.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been calling the Mta for an update on the last person hired. It's been 2 months already and they are still on 4971. Any Reason why? I have read ppl on this forum being called and their number being in the 6400's I don't understand can someone explain so I have better knowledge on how this works?

Archived