Bus Operator (OA) Exam No. 3101 is out

RTS4Life

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went and took my drug test this morning. They told me to check my email. How lobg typically before they email you saying you passed your drug screening?

I would say about 2 to 3 wks before you go do your medical.

Drug test was last friday that just passed, medical is this friday. Anybody know typically how long after the medical training usually starts? Is it paid training?

Whats your list number?  Usually classes starts on Monday. I believe today was day 6 for the current class that's in training. They were in the city today. Most likely if everything goes well with you this Friday, You will probably  start class either this coming Monday or the following.  And yes you do get paid for training... 

When is the next class? According to anyone's opinion my list # is 74** how long before I get called in your opinion?

The next class is on May 2nd. I think they should call you if not withing the next few months sometime before this year is up.

Drug test was last friday that just passed, medical is this friday. Anybody know typically how long after the medical training usually starts? Is it paid training?

The next class isn't until may 2nd. Yes it is.

Hello guys .. What's the take home pay at the beginning after training ?

$22.699203

Bi weekly pay

So $22.699203×80 is before taxes.

I think mta bus and Ta might have a different wage scale than oa operators, not sure.

That is the minimum, im sure you will be working more than 40hrs a week

Nostrand Avenue in brooklyn? I was under the impression all the training for OA was done in manhattan/bronx. Also how long is the total training before your put to drive on your own?

When you're doing the 7-10 day training, the Superintendent can take you anywhere within the 5 boroughs. Just mainly on day 5,6 you're in the city which you have to show them you are able to handle this job through heavy situations. Manhattan is perfect to demonstrate since theres heavy traffic and crazy pedestrians action takes place a lot in the city.

Archived