Anyone ready for the biggest snowstorm to hit NYC area in 2 years?

Shortline Bus

Speaking of which concerning emergency preparedness plans: For the Pre-K, elementary school, JHS and HS public school students, please keep up with the latest on the NYDOE website, we may have school closures. It's a real possibility, Chancellor Walcott might call off school on Friday. If the MTA decides to implement the emergency preparedness plans. School buses may not be running due to the inclement  weather on the way to the Big Apple. It can happen depending on the path of the Nor' easter and the anticipated intensity of it.

Here: http://schools.nyc.gov/default.htm

Unless NBC is off by a decimal point, then if we get hit by that much snow, I want the first two days: Monday and Tuesday off after being fumig pissed off shoveling the effin snow all weekend.

Let's add a snowmobile while we are at it lol... ;)

Holy KO... Around 29 inches of snow? Seems unlikey to me though... Might as well get a new predicting machine or whatever it is they used to track snowfall...

Speaking of which concerning emergency preparedness plans: For the Pre-K, elementary school, JHS and HS public school students, please keep up with the latest on the NYDOE website, we may have school closures. It's a real possibility, Chancellor Walcott might call off school on Friday. If the MTA decides to implement the emergency preparedness plans. School buses may not be running due to the inclement  weather on the way to the Big Apple. It can happen depending on the path of the Nor' easter and the anticipated intensity of it.

Here: http://schools.nyc.gov/default.htm

Normally, I'd be happy I'm getting a day off, but of course if they do that, they'll have us make it up later in the term. <_<

It's gonna be a light drizzle, maybe some wet snow, slippery roads, nothing much, carry on

I'm wishing upon a star that's all this storm really comes down to, even as much I love it when it snows (save for the post blizzard conditions). I prefer to stay active, not get stuck in the house unless I seriously need rest to catch up on sleep or get sick. 

Just saw updated various weather updates. It looking more and more likely Metro NYC/NJ will get 6-12 inches while here in ski country Dutchess County we probably 10-12 inches.

Boston this time will be in bullseye of this storm getting 18-24 inches.

And FYI to someone who asked what difference between a "Blizzard" and Snowstorm. Simple generally this conditions are what most weathercasters use.

1)snowrate of at least 2-3 inches a hour.

2)wind speeds of at least 35 miles per hour

3)visiability of less than 1/4 mile.

In other words it does not matter if 6 inches or 36 inches falls on ground, it's the (3)factors mentioned above that is the difference between a severe snowstorm and a blizzard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard

lol, you can imagine how pissed off i was when that christmas blizzard hit some years ago. omg, so bad you can't even dump the extra snow on the road (not saying everyone should do that). That storm was so bad I had to pay a guy using a makeshift atv with a plow to help shove some of that snow out just to get to the sidewalk. Not fun at all. My back sometimes aches too (if i put too much strain/stress), so that doesn't help either.

So whenever there's snow, it just means more work, which just kills the 'fun' of an 'off day'.

lol, you can imagine how pissed off i was when that christmas blizzard hit some years ago. omg, so bad you can't even dump the extra snow on the road (not saying everyone should do that). That storm was so bad I had to pay a guy using a makeshift atv with a plow to help shove some of that snow out just to get to the sidewalk. Not fun at all. My back sometimes aches too (if i put too much strain/stress), so that doesn't help either.

So whenever there's snow, it just means more work, which just kills the 'fun' of an 'off day'.

I had to walk that sunday night, from Kings Plaza (last job at the McDs) to ENY (last home before Canarsie), at 11p.m. No cabs, No buses, Nobody to pick me up. Ralph Avenue looked like Resident Evil in snow. Buses looking like a line up in a depot with people sleeping inside the buses. Walking on the street not knowing if a car would hit me or not. (Too cold to look back) Had to take the week out from work because I was sick and lucky for me, my boss advised it.

Anybody else?

Normally i would be like "oh damn! We are going to get hit with a huge amount of snow!"

After living upstate since Christmas, all i can say is well, welcome to the club! I havent seen the actual ground since i moved!!! It snows practically every other day on an average of a couple of inches each time. 

I hope everyone down there stays safe and dont have to go anywhere.

I hope everyone down there stays safe and dont have to go anywhere.

Thanks. This week I switched shifts after doing a major project for a presentation involving the setup of 20+ laptops with projector and smartboard for almost 13 hours into the late hours and taking the day off the next day. But I may show up tommorow anyway. I'm going to talk to my manager before I leave today now that we both know there is a huge storm coming and see if i can stay home tommorow. I have sick time but still I have to leave a good impression to my superiors that I am reliable. (In other words, damage control....) The presentation went well I found out BTW with the setup myself and my collegues has set up in the conference room on the fly.

Archived