ORION V CNG's are Retiring.... Let's make it a Big Year for them!!!

obregonmichael5

I grew up riding the Queens Surface ORION V CNG Q66 and the Triboro Coach Q33. These companies were bought by the (MTA) , so the cng's were repainted to (MTA) . Since MTA's retiring because the CNG Tank is almost expired and they're too lazy for replacements, It would be nice to all of us (including YOU! non members) to ride these buses and film it ALOT!!!!!! If you want to be part of my project, then when you upload a new ORION V CNG's, copy this : I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL).  copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's.

I grew up riding the Queens Surface ORION V CNG Q66 and the Triboro Coach Q33. These companies were bought by the (MTA) , so the cng's were repainted to (MTA) . Since MTA's retiring because the CNG Tank is almost expired and they're too lazy for replacements, It would be nice to all of us (including YOU! non members) to ride these buses and film it ALOT!!!!!! If you want to be part of my project, then when you upload a new ORION V CNG's, copy this : I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL).  copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's.

Funny story: I've literally never been on an O5 CNG. Never had to use a route in Queens that used em, and always got an OG VII or C40LF from Gleason or Spring Creek.

Funny story: I've literally never been on an O5 CNG. Never had to use a route in Queens that used em, and always got an OG VII or C40LF from Gleason or Spring Creek.

well you should ride them sooner, cuz buses don't come from the dead you know

"I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL).  copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's."

dscn2637dj.jpg

MTA_NYC_Orion_5_Q65_bus.JPG

also i would love to hear a reply to those who want join the project and see there youtube accounts. My youtube account for transit is TheMikeTransit.

That didn't stop the 188xs and #800..... With that being said, some could...... It's called SRS.

i don't think (MTA) can't do that unless they're willing to, let's not start a big problem.

to join the project, you have too copy this on youtube too copy>  I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired <copy . and put this topic URL.

There are thousands of photos and videos on this site that you can use for this project if you just go and ask people. I'm sure they would be willing to help you.

It's a good idea, but I don't just want to do it alone though

Still havent rode One! :'(

the only one theres left is on the Q66, Q65, Q 64, Q19, B100, BM2, QBX1, and the Bx15 I think.

It's a good idea, but I don't just want to do it alone though

the only one theres left is on the Q66, Q65, Q 64, Q19, B100, BM2, QBX1, and the Bx15 I think.

None of the last three have seen regular O5 service in at least a year, but you've still got rare appearances on the B103 and the other CP local routes (Q25, Q34, Q38). 

I grew up riding the Queens Surface ORION V CNG Q66 and the Triboro Coach Q33. These companies were bought by the (MTA) , so the cng's were repainted to (MTA) . Since MTA's retiring because the CNG Tank is almost expired and they're too lazy for replacements, It would be nice to all of us (including YOU! non members) to ride these buses and film it ALOT!!!!!! If you want to be part of my project, then when you upload a new ORION V CNG's, copy this : I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL). copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's.

MTA didn't buy any companies, they were contracted to operate the routes by DOT. And laziness has nothing to do with them not getting the tanks re-certified. It's my understanding that to re-certify the tanks on the O5 CNG buses would cost some ridiculous amount of money (probably $100,000+). Logistically, it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on one aspect of a bus to pump 3 more years of life into it. And considering the fact that they are older CNG buses, the probably need a lot more than tank re-certification for them to run properly (more money spent)...

Guest MTA Bus

The Orion V CNG buses is my childhood. Since I grew up in LIC, I used to see them all the time on the Q66, Q19A (Q69), Q101R (Q100), Q102, Q103, & Q104. Man, the engine on those buses are awesome. It sad to see them leaving soon.

Ive been doing an Orion V CNG mixtape, it should be a little more than 2 hours long. The Orion V CNG is my favorite bus of all time, it sucks that 9967 had to go. (The MTA wasn't supposed to retire 9966 & 9967, they were reserved for (A) shuttle service). 

(For any of you who didn't know why I liked 9967 at first, they fixed it a few months before it retired but that was still a very good bus)

I just came off of 9915 on the Q34. Nowadays you only see c40LF's. I wish the MTA accept the 74 or 79 Orion VII 3G's because CP is going to be the same way they were before the C40's came. 100% C40 for 12 years.

From who? Orion shut down production and gave their portion of the order to NF. There's nothing wrong with a homogeneous fleet. lol, Would you prefer the older O7 CNGs? 

Archived