ORION V CNG's are Retiring.... Let's make it a Big Year for them!!!

obregonmichael5

I'm proud to have driven these buses, they were actually my favorite from WF aside from the D60's.

Listen, CNG buses are not worth owning on a personal level.  Sure you can get one for cheap, I just saw some C40LF's for like $2,000, but that is just the initial cost.  True cost of ownership means paying for routine maintenance, getting the CNG tanks re-certified and making up for all of the neglected maintenance just to name a few.  Now you have to factor in; insurance, registration, inspection etc.... It all adds up fairly quickly.

sure i know that.

My problem is that you mention the CBOA without acknowledging the fact that they don't even have a CNG bus, apples to oranges. There is a reason why they don't have one, because with their age and with the tanks and maintenance, its too much trouble. Securing the CNG bus itself is a total pain in the ass. Securing a diesel is MUCH different and more easier...

my point exactly, but if he wants to bankrupt himself to get one, then whatever. I dunno where he's getting the money from, but I'd like to see him try, even though its probably impossible.

The dude with the Neoplan (Eddie) bought it from Transit Systems I believe. He got rid of it sometime in 2010/2011 though. To my knowledge he has owned three buses so far.

But I will agree though, CNG fueling stations are more plentiful in and around the L.A. Area.

"I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL).  copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's."

dsc08183h.jpg

dsc08177vl.jpg

(From "Toilet (aka NYC - Round 1)")

"I am making a farewell to the Orion V CNG's that ran in NYC throughout alot of years. This is a project that we will be going on until the Orion V CNG's are Retired (NYCTF TOPIC URL).  copy it to the video description. I will try my best to film the Orion V CNG's."

dsc08183h.jpg

dsc08177vl.jpg

(From "Toilet (aka NYC - Round 1)")

Nice, i live a block away from the Q66. Question, is it an ex Queens surface?

Nice, i live a block away from the Q66. Question, is it an ex Queens surface?

Yep.

#708 - #751                                   Ex-Command Bus Company

#7214 - #7285                               Ex-Triboro Coach Corporation

#8568 - #8582; #9827 - #9998      Ex-Queens Surface Corporation

Yep.

#708 - #751                                   Ex-Command Bus Company

#7214 - #7285                               Ex-Triboro Coach Corporation

#8568 - #8582; #9827 - #9998      Ex-Queens Surface Corporation

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I love the big Finale the Orion V CNGs are going thru, they are now running on almost every Queens MTA Bus route!

I found a few videos that I had:

711 rerouted on Junction Blvd:

8568 on the Q38:

And the all-time classic that I have:

I would wish to buy the Orion V CNG 7214, I heard it's like brand new and alive!!!!!!!  Where is 7214 anyway? cuz i'm going to Eastchester tomorrow. It would be a thank you if somebody was helpful!!!!     ^_^

I would wish to buy the Orion V CNG 7214, but I heard it's like dismantled and dead!!!!!!!  Where is 7214 anyway? (probably at Gershow!) cuz i'm going to Eastchester tomorrow. It would be a thank you if somebody was helpful!!!! (you're welcome I guess)

I would wish to buy the Orion V CNG 7214, but I heard it's like dismantled and dead!!!!!!!  Where is 7214 anyway? (probably at Gershow!) cuz i'm going to Eastchester tomorrow. It would be a thank you if somebody was helpful!!!! (you're welcome I guess)

make it simple please!!!!! I heard someone is buying a Orion V CNG 7218

Archived