New B84 Route Being Proposed

Metro CSW

route-map.jpg

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) proposes a new bus service connecting Spring Creek, Brooklyn and the East New York / New Lots Avenue 3.png Station. The service would be named B84. The B84 would have a southern terminal at the Brooklyn Developmental Center across the street from the Gateway Center Mall, travel along Flatlands Avenue and Ashford Street
to the New Lots Avenue 3.png Station at Livonia Avenue and Warwick Street (see map below). The new service would operate every 30 minutes between 5:30 am to 9:00 pm on weekdays and every 30 minutes between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm on weekends.

This route is planned to begin operating summer 2013.

Read more : Source

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where could it be based out of?

Spring Creek would make a lot of sense, what with it being within the confines of that little black and white map.

Another thing: all these new routes are half-hour headway routes. I'm sure that'll get passengers flocking to them.

Spring Creek would make a lot of sense, what with it being within the confines of that little black and white map.

Another thing: all these new routes are half-hour headway routes. I'm sure that'll get passengers flocking to them.

Looks like another B100 or B74 type route.

It's an NYCTA route, It's gonna based at ENY.

Or Ulmer Park if that's the case.

Definitely ENY if it'll be NYCT. No way they're gonna have buses head out of UP to do this route when ENY is close enough. Also, the B100 gets packed, I don't know that this will.

Definitely ENY if it'll be NYCT. No way they're gonna have buses head out of UP to do this route when ENY is close enough. Also, the B100 gets packed, I don't know that this will.

I can see this being a route with somewhat decent ridership. I can picture 15 min headways.

They say that all new routes that are implemented are going to start out with those headways, to save money.

The B74 & B100 run more frequently than every half-hour, and probably get more ridership than this new route would.

And why the hell would they deadhead buses across Brooklyn when there's a depot a couple of miles away?

- First off, thanks for this bit of information......

- Now about the route itself....

What the deuce?? this barely serves those new houses/that community down in spring creek....

All this is, is a gateway mall shuttle to the (3).... Should've have had it shoot across vandalia from elton IMO, but w/e....

==========

* FYI, the old B84 was fused into today's B6 (east of the (L)) - Only difference is the B6 runs across (much more of) cozine.... and of course, w/ the later extension on up to the (3) from cozine/ashford....

[the old 84 IINM did flatlands > vermont > cozine, to end over at cozine/ashford]

---

This rendition of a B84 will likely end up being fused into another route also -  My guess is the 83...

This is looking to me like they're gonna use this 84 & fuse it into the 83 so that 83's will no longer have to take shore pkwy to get to gateway - which I don't think the MTA really wanted to do in the first place....

I would of had it run on Van Siclen/Miller Avs until Jamaica Avenue as the northern terminus. If possible or the route works out......

Just my two cents.........

I believe the main point of this route is for a shuttle/short cuts to the (3). It will also cut back all school runs for the B6, B83 and Q8 serving the Spring Creek Community School. Believe me, the B83's routing has propose to serve the Spring Creek Towers and Gateway Center. For those in the formerly known Starrett City community who need better shopping at Gateway. I wouldn't change the B83 at all, it's mainly for people on Van Siclen Avenue who don't want to walk and for the students of George Gershawn JHS, PS13, The Family Academy, Jefferson HS, etc. Parents would not be happy about any cut back on the 83. You know giving people reliable options to get where they need to be.

It's an NYCTA route, It's gonna be based at ENY.

It don't necessarily have to be a NYCT route, the route can actually go to SC due to the fact that the deadheads on both side of the route is closely to SC then ENY would be,plus that would save MTA money on deadheads, fual and ect if MTA is smart.

It don't necessarily have to be a NYCT route, the route can actually go to SC due to the fact that the deadheads on both side of the route is closely to SC then ENY would be,plus that would save MTA money on deadheads, fual and ect if MTA is smart.

That's cuz its actually gonna be an NYCT route

Thank you, that was my earlier point!

- First off, thanks for this bit of information......

- Now about the route itself....

What the deuce?? this barely serves those new houses/that community down in spring creek....

All this is, is a gateway mall shuttle to the (3).... Should've have had it shoot across vandalia from elton IMO, but w/e....

==========

* FYI, the old B84 was fused into today's B6 (east of the (L)) - Only difference is the B6 runs across (much more of) cozine.... and of course, w/ the later extension on up to the (3) from cozine/ashford....

[the old 84 IINM did flatlands > vermont > cozine, to end over at cozine/ashford]

---

This rendition of a B84 will likely end up being fused into another route also -  My guess is the 83...

This is looking to me like they're gonna use this 84 & fuse it into the 83 so that 83's will no longer have to take shore pkwy to get to gateway - which I don't think the MTA really wanted to do in the first place....

I don't see how this would replace the B83 extension.  If they didn't want to use Shore Parkway in the first place, they wouldn't have done it.  More likely, they will save money by operating this route by running fewer B6s to New Lots and more to Rockaway Parkway. Of course they won't tell you this.  Anyway, I think it is a good idea, but it should run every 20 minutes, not every 30 minutes, which is ridiculous and assures low ridership.

Archived