Career woes, perceived racism fuel ex-cop's anger

DJ MC

Taking a flight is a choice. As is owning a gun. This is far from putting the japanese in internment camps. That is not a choice. The war on terror is very much current. There are 10,000 Al Nusra front fighters that would like very much to kill americans.

I have similar sentiments on that one in all sincerity. I'm glad that you are seeing that issue concerning Japanese American Interment during WWII the same way I do from the few words you've said.  I don;t hold grudges, I just happen to be very intense on civil rights issues so don't take it personally. You have your POV and I have mine. The heck with it at the end the sun will still set and life will move on regardless. Let's shake hands and keep it moving.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an attempt to provide more relevant news in regard to the topic, I present a timeline of events beginning Sunday Feburary 3, 2013.

Sunday, Feb. 3: Monica Quan, 28, and Keith Lawrence, 27, are found shot to death in their car at an Irvine, Calif., parking structure. Quan, an assistant women’s basketball coach at California State University, Fullerton, was the daughter of a former Los Angeles police captain who represented Dorner in disciplinary hearings that resulted in his dismissal.

Monday, Feb. 4, about 9:30 a.m.: Some of Dorner’s belongings, including police equipment, are found in a trash bin in the San Diego-area community of National City, Calif.

Wednesday, Feb. 6: Irvine police announce they are looking for Dorner as a suspect in the killings of Quan and Lawrence, and say he implicated himself in the killings in a manifesto posted on Facebook. U.S. marshals and other law enforcement officials, acting on a credible lead, search Wednesday night for Dorner in San Diego’s Point Loma area.

Wednesday, Feb. 6, 10:30 p.m.: A man matching Dorner’s description tries to steal a 47-foot boat from a San Diego marina, but the engine won’t start. An 81-year-old man on the boat is tied up but unhurt.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 1:30 a.m.: In the Riverside County community of Corona, two LAPD officers assigned to protect a person named in the manifesto chase a vehicle they believe is Dorner’s. One officer is grazed in the forehead during a shootout, and the gunman flees. A short time later, a gunman believed to be Dorner ambushes two Riverside police officers who had stopped at a red light during a routine patrol. One officer is killed and the other critically injured.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 2:18 a.m.: A shuttle bus driver turns in a wallet with an LAPD badge and a picture ID of Dorner to San Diego police. The wallet is found less than five miles from the boat, near San Diego International Airport.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 5:15 a.m.: LAPD officers guarding a manifesto target in the Los Angeles suburb of Torrance open fire on a truck they mistakenly believe to be Dorner’s. Two women are wounded. A short time later, Torrance police are involved in a second shooting involving a different truck they also mistake for Dorner’s. Nobody is hurt.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 8:30 a.m.: Reports surface that authorities are investigating a burned pickup truck near the Big Bear ski area in the San Bernardino Mountains. A San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputy says there have been no sightings of Dorner but local school officials decide to put schools in lockdown.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:30 a.m.: Authorities in central and northern Arizona are alerted about the manhunt for Dorner along with a description of the vehicle he may be driving.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 9:40 a.m.: Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego is locked down after a Navy worker reports seeing someone who resembles Dorner. Two hours later, Navy officials say they don’t believe Dorner was on base.

Thursday Feb. 7, 1 p.m.: A truck with license plates registered to Dorner were found in Poway.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 2:30 p.m.: Authorities confirm that the pickup truck found near Bear Mountain ski area at Big Bear Lake belongs to Dorner.

Thursday, Feb. 7, 3:30 p.m.: San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon announces at a news conference that a door-to-door search for Dorner is under way.

Friday, Feb. 8, 7: 30 a.m.: LAPD lifts citywide tactical alert.

Friday, Feb. 8, 9 a.m.: McMahon says the search will continue in the area around where Dorner’s truck was found and the mountain above.

Friday, Feb. 8, 10: 30 a.m.: LAPD reinstates its tactical alert after Dorner is reported at the Twin Towers jail facility in downtown Los Angeles.

Friday, Feb. 8, 10:34 a.m.: The Twin Towers jail facility in downtown Los Angeles is placed on lockdown after the Dorner sighting, which later turned out to be false. The lockdown was lifted about an hour later.

Friday, Feb. 8, 11:32 a.m.: Rev. Jesse Jackson issues a plea to Dorner, urging him to surrender.

Friday, Feb. 8, noon: Irvine police and U.S. marshals serve a search warrant on a La Palma home owned by Dorner’s mother, Nancy Dorner. Dorner is believed to have previously lived at the home.

Friday, Feb. 8, 3:36 p.m.: Irvine police release what are believed to be the most recent images of Dorner. The images are from surveillance video at an Orange County hotel.

Read More: Source

@ lilbluefoxie: Like I was saying all along, yes Dorner to have to pay for the crime. 

But...

What you must understand is that there is a much higher degree of racism and corruption in many law enforcement agencies then you may initially think. Turbo gave a good comprehensive list for you to muse over. Check it out.

Lets get into the NYPD and the controversy concerning the controversial "Stop and Fisk" issue here. There is plenty of evidence to show that many police officers apprehend people to "stop and frisk"  based on racial appearances. If you google the subject you will find that 84% of people that end up stopped to be frisked are Black and Latino. There are plenty of youtube videos where police officers used racial slurs as they stop innocent people to perform this "stop and frisk".

What are your thoughts on that?

Furthermore on the topic on excessive force: Did you know that  NYPD officers are much more likely to use excessive force on minorities then whited? Say in 2011 alone they used excessive force on blacks 76,483 times and only 9,7765 times against whites?

Those statistics speaks volumes....

Here's a infamous case: Amadou Diallo a 23-year-old immigrant from Guinea who was shot and killed 0n 2/4/1999 for a crime he did not commit. Three officers fired 41 shots on an unarmed black man, 19 of them, killing him. An extreme case of excessive force. He was indeed a law abiding citizen with no criminal record. ALL FOUR of the officers were ACQUITTED  That does not sit well with me. In fact 1700 more people during several protests was arrested as they were advocating the wrongful death of this man. 

There are more incidences of police profiling and brutality but I'll post more incidents for you to consider as you see this post and respond.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have not heard from you any detailed and comprehensive, heartfelt feedback on the aspect of corruption involved within law enforcement other then short generalized comments. I would like you to know what you really feel about racism and corruption within the law enforcement agencies. Break it down for me and keep it real. I'll kindly give you comprehensive feedback and relate what many inner city New Yorker's feel about those problems aforementioned. I'll be looking forward to your well thought out response.

@ lilbluefoxie: Like I was saying all along, yes Dorner to have to pay for the crime. 

But...

Furthermore on the topic on excessive force: Did you know that  NYPD officers are much more likely to use excessive force on minorities then whited? Say in 2011 alone they used excessive force on blacks 76,483 times and only 9,7765 times against whites?

* Typo: Only 9,765 whites were "stopped and frisked" compared to the larger numbers with minorities. Anyway looking forward to your response.

Too often today racism is used as an excuse. Airport security being an example. Every 9/11 terrorist was a young arabic male. Yet grandmothers from sweden are routinely singled out to prevent being called a racist institution. Young arab males should be screened more carefully not because of their ethnicity but because we know that Arabic ethnic paramilitaries are targeting the US aircraft. When the scandanavian old lady league comes for us; they should search em. The same story with stop and frisk.

No. No, no, no. You can brand racial profiling as whatever you want ('efficiency' seems to be your phrase), but it's still racial profiling, and it's still unethical, and it's still wrong. It's a matter of principle.

Exactly my point. This has nothing to do with racism. It's about maximizing resources. There are 8 million people living in NYC. Police resources are scare and need to be allocated efficiently to maximize coverage area and effectiveness. 40,000 cops can't be on every street corner. 

Yeah, with 10,000 ticketing bikers, 10,000 arresting peaceful protesting, and 20,000 frisking black guys, you run of people fast!

I appreciate your honesty. FYI: The tests in Stuyvesant HS is not exactly based on overall ability as they claim as other situational and economic factors are involved in such elitist DOE schools. Now you are getting into a totally different subject. Have a nice day and give the racist pricks on stormfront.org my f**king regards.

I wouldn't take it out on the kids and say they're attending elitist schools -- Dalton, Horace Mann, private sh!t like that are elitist schools. But I know your point and I agree, which is that the SYSTEM is elitist. If you can afford it for a test like that, you can get a nice fancy tutor to come to your nice fancy house and then you do a whole lot better on the supposedly "fair" test. It's nonsense. 

He's just stating the facts as to what happens man... Like I said, racial profiling happens with everyone.  It's just a question of who does what and on what scale.  The latest serial killings have been white males and so the cops have been targeting white males... 

You actually have numbers on ANY cops ANYWHERE targeting white males? There'd be a friggin' coup d'etat if that tried that...

Next weeks headlines, LA Riots: Part Deux.

LA Riots man, that's fascinating stuff. I was just reading up some more on Operation Hammer the other day, tell you something, we let Ray Kelly stay in power here any longer (something Christine "Bloomberg" Quinn has stated she really wants to do), we're gonna be looking at things like that in this city.

You actually have numbers on ANY cops ANYWHERE targeting white males? There'd be a friggin' coup d'etat if that tried that...

lol... Who do you think they were looking for when that guy went on a rampage shooting up that school? They certainly weren't targeting minorities, because that is a crime that is said to be usually committed by white males, so profiling happens with everyone dude and in fact I'd argue that it makes cops more efficient at their job in most cases even though many would cry racism.  Let's face it.  Certain types of crimes are sometimes committed by certain types of people and profiling can help cops solve those crimes quicker if they can understand the types of habits that certain types of individuals tend to have.

lol... Who do you think they were looking for when that guy went on a rampage shooting up that school? They certainly weren't targeting minorities, because that is a crime that is said to be usually committed by white males, so profiling happens with everyone dude and in fact I'd argue that it makes cops more efficient at their job in most cases even though many would cry racism.  Let's face it.  Certain types of crimes are sometimes committed by certain types of people and profiling can help cops solve those crimes quicker if they can understand the types of habits that certain types of individuals tend to have.

Keep in mind however that as for that shooting on Connecticut, the majority of the population, in terms of demographics, are White American with some Asian Americans in the mix. Which makes that observation of crimes committed by whites targeting other whites: a situation that is completely different from what happens in a city which is a melting pot of millions coming from all walks of life and nationalities where we have criminals that are apprehended by police who are from several nationalities, including Caucasians now that you mention it.

Too often today racism is used as an excuse. Airport security being an example. Every 9/11 terrorist was a young arabic male. Yet grandmothers from sweden are routinely singled out to prevent being called a racist institution. Young arab males should be screened more carefully not because of their ethnicity but because we know that Arabic ethnic paramilitaries are targeting the US aircraft. When the scandanavian old lady league comes for us; they should search em. The same story with stop and frisk.

No. No, no, no. You can brand racial profiling as whatever you want ('efficiency' seems to be your phrase), but it's still racial profiling, and it's still unethical, and it's still wrong. It's a matter of principle.

That was exactly my point I was trying to share with this guy but in so many words. Very well stated. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Keep in mind however that as for that shooting on Connecticut, the majority of the population, in terms of demographics, are White American with some Asian Americans in the mix. Which makes that observation of crimes committed by whites targeting other whites: a situation that is completely different from what happens in a city which is a melting pot of millions coming from all walks of life and nationalities where we have criminals that are apprehended by police who are from several nationalities, including Caucasians now that you mention it.

Regardless of the circumstance, the point is racial profiling happens every day to everyone.  That's all I'm saying and it's a part of life.

Regardless of the circumstance, the point is racial profiling happens every day to everyone.  That's all I'm saying and it's a part of life.

I mused over MVH9218's points in an unrelated thread, his comments here and your comments as well VG8, you both give excellent counter-arguments on racial profiling (Credits to Turbo19 and Company) as well)  that breaks even as far as I'm concerned, because it's TRUE. 

Yes that pretty much sums it up. I know that there is reverse racism as well as overt direct racism in the NJ Corrections Dept, two white officers brought his black supervisors to trial over this and won on grounds of racial discrimination and harrassment. So it does go both ways. Blacks are victims of racism, also Asians, and also whites in the form of reverse racism. Then there's racial microagression which is prevalent today.

All in all, racism is a despicable social disease. A  rampant disease that existed for well over 200 years in change in America. It obviously affects everyone of every nationality and color straight across the board and in so many aspects of life it looks hopeless even sometimes. There isn't any easy solutions towards eliminating this grievous problem from society.

Perhaps our children that will make the up the next generation of red-blooded American citizens in the decades to come may look back at this and learn from our sufferings and mistakes made in this country because of racial prejudices and hate and find solutions to eradicate it.

I mean this with sincerity. That's my hope.

I just finished reading Dorner's manifesto in unabridged 25-page form. 

This is a very, very complicated story. Ignoring the fact it's got 'Hollywood script' written all over it, it's something of a classic case of the Anti-Hero. I'm fascinated. I don't support the man, but I'll be sorry when they kill him. 

All I will say is this: nothing justifies killing other people to get the word across. It's even worse when targeting families that have nothing to do with the cops involved. The man is a danger to society and needs to be caught asap. As for if the guy is spilling the secrets on dirty cops, I wished he could've gotten the word out in a different matter than this. Last thing we need is another city to be up for grabs by the criminal element like with Chicago.

He should have started a movement, not a killing spree. There's no doubt about that. I would have supported a movement. He's right about many things regarding the culture of brutality and cover-ups at the LAPD, but there are many, many more ways to go about combating that than man-by-man elimination of those who have wronged him and (in the case of the young couple) their children. I still recommend that you read the manifesto, though, as if nothing else it's a fascinating psychological study of a man who was pushed too far.

Printed it out on thursday so that I could read it on the ride to work.... I agree that it's a good read....

I chuckled at the paragraph where he mentioned Tebow & "Mark rapist Sanchez"..... wasn't expecting that.....

I suppose you could classify dude as modern day revolutionary, except he's going about things the wrong way....

James Todd Smith Christopher Dorner's gonna attempt to take out as many people that he can, that has anything to do w/ the LAPD (which as we can see, includes relatives) before he offs himself... Either that, or "suicide by cop" - but I personally don't think he's gonna give the justice system that satisfaction....

As far as "perceived" racism...... lol... Someone that thinks it's simply a perception doesn't carry out actions of this magnitude; creating a manifesto and actually start killing people to make his point - the corruption that has & does exist w/i the LAPD.... Some act had to have been carried out for this dude to react in this fashion.... Say what you will, but although I don't agree with using homicide as a revenge tactic, I most certainly understand Dorner's plight.....

I have to say, after looking at news footage's on YT, I'd have to say this one man has the LAPD scared shitless right now.... Worse for them, this dude has military AND police training..... This is not gonna be an easy fight for them.

All I will say is this: nothing justifies killing other people to get the word across. It's even worse when targeting families that have nothing to do with the cops involved. The man is a danger to society and needs to be caught asap. As for if the guy is spilling the secrets on dirty cops, I wished he could've gotten the word out in a different matter than this. Last thing we need is another city to be up for grabs by the criminal element like with Chicago.

He should have started a movement, not a killing spree. There's no doubt about that. I would have supported a movement. He's right about many things regarding the culture of brutality and cover-ups at the LAPD, but there are many, many more ways to go about combating that than man-by-man elimination of those who have wronged him and (in the case of the young couple) their children. I still recommend that you read the manifesto, though, as if nothing else it's a fascinating psychological study of a man who was pushed too far.

Printed it out on thursday so that I could read it on the ride to work.... I agree that it's a good read....

I chuckled at the paragraph where he mentioned Tebow & "Mark rapist Sanchez"..... wasn't expecting that.....

I suppose you could classify dude as modern day revolutionary, except he's going about things the wrong way....

James Todd Smith Christopher Dorner's gonna attempt to take out as many people that he can, that has anything to do w/ the LAPD (which as we can see, includes relatives) before he offs himself... Either that, or "suicide by cop" - but I personally don't think he's gonna give the justice system that satisfaction....

As far as "perceived" racism...... lol... Someone that thinks it's simply a perception doesn't carry out actions of this magnitude; creating a manifesto and actually start killing people to make his point - the corruption that has & does exist w/i the LAPD.... Some act had to have been carried out for this dude to react in this fashion.... Say what you will, but although I don't agree with using homicide as a revenge tactic, I most certainly understand Dorner's plight.....

I have to say, after looking at news footage's on YT, I'd have to say this one man has the LAPD scared shitless right now.... Worse for them, this dude has military AND police training..... This is not gonna be an easy fight for them.

Fine comments. What struck me is the fact that you men eloquently brought out the fact that even as he should have NOT went to the extreme of homicide, what he should have done was take the path of an advocate for elimination of corruption within the judicial and law enforcement system that is in place today. 

I have stated this before, mentioning this in my profile page and going into detail in a thread I posted in here. I was very much involved while in college advocating for Asian American rights with Asian American activists such as Frank Chin. Such as the rash of hate crimes perpetrated against Chinese immigrants in the Fort Greene Area in Brooklyn back in 2008-2009 working closely with community leaders and the NYPD to stop the madness through increased police presence, to this day. I even went apartment to apartment with colleagues to provide encouragement to my brothers and sisters there to reassure them that we will find justice and that the madness will stop.

Remember Anna Guo? A vicious act of pollice brutality on the part of police offers in Ventura County, CA. Anna Guo was a 14 year old Asian American girl who was first caught with a steak knife in her room, then SHOT MULTIPLE TIMES in her stomach then charged and imprisoned in a group home for 5 years with bogus charges of FELONY ASSAULT OF A DEADLY WEAPON. Here's the irony of this: They were responding to a fathers desperate plea for help because she was about to commit suicide. I was involved with Asian American activists in exposing this horror directly to the media and the net through petitions set up for her release. f**ked up right? Beyond that!

Now to conclude with my point of my post: Even as such black activist groups such as the Black Panthers and the African National Congress (led in part by Nelson Mandela) had no choice but to resort to violence as militias to combat the violent eras of apartheid, in the US and in South Africa respectively, this man in this case should had realized that we are living in different times and the ethical issues involved are different in this case thereby making his actions in committing this violent act in this case ethically and morally wrong.

He should had taken the role of a civil rights activists working close with civil rights leaders and the American public as well as the media advocating for the case against corruption within the LAPD instead of resorting to committing heinous murder. He should have realized that as since the era of the Black Panthers and MLK, we have the Civil Rights Act that protects persons of color to combat racism by peaceful means.

That was exactly his mistake resulting in the loss of life at his hands and now possibly HIS own life if not imprisonment for life. Very unwise move on his part by misdirecting his understandable rage against corruption.

They're making damn fools of themselves in the process, too. He's driving a grey Nissan Titan, right? First they went and shot up two women in a blue Toyota Tacoma cause they thought it looked like his car, now they go and crash + shoot up a guy in a black pickup cause that confused them too. They can't even get the colors or model right, and they're out there shooting up civilians. For a guy who wanted to prove how easily they resort to violence and brutality, the lawsuits coming are gonna prove his point pretty well. 

Fine comments. What struck me is the fact that you men eloquently brought out the fact that even as he should have NOT went to the extreme of homicide. What he should have done was take the path of an advocate for elimination of corruption within the judicial and law enforcement system that is in place today. 

I have stated this before, mentioning this in my profile page and going into detail in a thread I posted in here. I was very much involved while in college advocating for Asian American rights with Asian American activists such as Frank Chin. Such as the rash of hate crimes perpetrated against Chinese immigrants in the Fort Greene Area in Brooklyn back in 2008-2009 working closely with community leaders and the NYPD to stop the madness through increased police presence, to this day. I even went apartment to apartment with colleagues to provide encouragement to my brothers and sisters there to reassure them that we will find justice and that the madness will stop.

Remember Anna Guo? A vicious act of pollice brutality on the part of police offers in Ventura County, CA. Anna Guo was a 14 year old Asian American girl who was first caught with a steak knife in her room, then SHOT MULTIPLE TIMES in her stomach then charged and imprisoned in a group home for 5 years with bogus charges of FELONY ASSAULT OF A DEADLY WEAPON. Here's the irony of this: They were responding to a fathers desperate plea for help because she was about to commit suicide. I was involved with Asian American activists in exposing this horror directly to the media and the net through petitions set up for her release. f**ked up right? Beyond that!

Now to conclude with my point of my post: Even as such black activist groups such as the Black Panthers and the African National Congress (led in part by Nelson Mandela) had no choice but to resort to violence as militias to combat the violent eras of apartheid, in the US and in South Africa respectively, this man in this case should had realized that we are living in different times and the ethical issues involved are different in this case thereby making his actions in committing this violent act in this case ethically and morally wrong.

He should had taken the role of a civil rights activists working close with civil rights leaders and the American public as well as the media advocating for the case against corruption within the LAPD instead of resorting to committing heinous murder. He should have realized that as since the era of the Black Panthers and MLK, we have the Civil Rights Act that protects persons of color to combat racism by peaceful means.

That was exactly his mistake resulting in the loss of life at his hands and now possibly HIS own life if not imprisonment for life. Very unwise move on his part by misdirecting his understandable rage against corruption.

You bring up an excellent case with Ms. Guo, another classic example of misconduct followed by mistrial. It happens time and time again, and it's so rare that justice is ever done. Look at the Wilmington Ten or the Central Park Five, took decades and decades! Law enforcement across America seems to think that the only result you can ever have is a conviction, regardless of whether or not the tried is innocent. 

But yes, I wholeheartedly agree that he should have pursued a more peaceful route. However, I don't think he would think of it as a mistake. From his manifesto, it seems he's truly unafraid of death. Not to mention, he's extremely depressed and it doesn't seem like a suicide would have been out of place. So honestly, I think he certainly expects to be killed. As a result, when you or I look at it rationally and say 'he should be more peaceful to survive / avoid jail' etc., I don't think that computes with him. I think he sees this as the end, and I don't think rational fears are going to make sense to him. He's in this as his 'last resort' and whether or not he survives is beyond the point. And as we've seen in history, that's what makes the most dangerous killers: those without fear of death. It's a scary situation, but like I said, I'll be sorry to see him die. If he'd been in a more stable place with rational thought and rational fears of death, he could be doing good things right now since he has many of the right ideas.

I just caught up with all of this.  Those officers must be shitting bricks trying to find this guy to be shooting civilians.   Last night I was thinking about how its been a while since we had an honest to god threat loose on the street like this.  

I think the D.C. shootings in 2002.

They have now offered a $1 million reward for the arrest of Christopher Dorner. 

Check it out

This guy must know something that they don't want him to reveal or they are scared shitless of this guy. It's one or the other. Could also be both. Has anyone else thought of the idea that he maybe getting some help from other people to escape from the cops? 

But yes, I wholeheartedly agree that he should have pursued a more peaceful route. However, I don't think he would think of it as a mistake. From his manifesto, it seems he's truly unafraid of death. Not to mention, he's extremely depressed and it doesn't seem like a suicide would have been out of place. So honestly, I think he certainly expects to be killed. As a result, when you or I look at it rationally and say 'he should be more peaceful to survive / avoid jail' etc., I don't think that computes with him. I think he sees this as the end, and I don't think rational fears are going to make sense to him. He's in this as his 'last resort' and whether or not he survives is beyond the point. And as we've seen in history, that's what makes the most dangerous killers: those without fear of death. It's a scary situation, but like I said, I'll be sorry to see him die. If he'd been in a more stable place with rational thought and rational fears of death, he could be doing good things right now since he has many of the right ideas.

Thank you for your understanding on Anna Guo. That case was seriously disturbing---- A pretty 14-year old Chinese girl in mental distress, about to commit suicide gets shot instead by cops, then a mistrial resulting in a felony conviction when it was actually  these officers involved should have been the ones should had been charged with attempted murder!? No wonder so many law abiding citizens are fearful of and angry with the police, even holding homicidal resentment to the police as a whole erroneously but understandably, due to some pretty prejudiced and deceitful PO's. As the saying goes " A rotten apple in the barrel ruins the whole bunch"!

As for Chris Dorner, as the saying goes "better off a live dog then a dead lion" We KNOW he is pretty much marked for death either by being killed by cops at the scene or in the lethal injection chamber on death row. How can he advocate the case for corruption from there or better yet 10 feet under in an unmarked grave? He should had played it smart. By outright protest, not going trigger happy in a time of heighened tension as a result of 9/11, on the part of the patriot act signed into law by the White House, and stark and excessive paranoia on the part of the police as a result.

They have now offered a $1 million reward for the arrest of Christopher Dorner. 

Check it out

This guy must know something that they don't want him to reveal or they are scared shitless of this guy. It's one or the other. Could also be both. Has anyone else thought of the idea that he maybe getting some help from other people to escape from the cops? 

Dude is sharp as a tack.  I think its both.  If he is getting help from others he's doing a good job of keeping them from being found out.  This guy won't be caught without outside help.  LAPD can't handle this.

Dude is sharp as a tack.  I think its both.  If he is getting help from others he's doing a good job of keeping them from being found out.  This guy won't be caught without outside help.  LAPD can't handle this.

I was thinking the same thing. A manhunt like this and the LAPD have not found him yet? He has to be getting help from people as I don't see how he can do this alone especially with cops everywhere looking for him (even though he use to be in the armed forces and was a former cop).

If he's as smart as I make him out to be, he got out of Cali a long time ago.

Think about it, he threw out his stuff in National City nrear San Diego on Monday. Then on Wednesday in Point Loma he attempted to steal a boat. That same day, he left his belongings on a bus in San Diego. A strong possibility he was considering leaving the U.S. by crossing international waters, or that's what he wanted law enforcement to think.

Out of nowhere, on Thursday he returns to Riverside where it is believed he shot three officers. Later that day his truck is found torched in Big Bear Lake, a community in the San Bernardino mountains. Huge probability this was to buy time. He could have once again fled to San Diego or closer to the U.S./Mexico border. The Thursday sighting at Point Loma as well as the license plate numbers in Poway support this theory.

Then on Friday while they continue searching for him in Big Bear, someone contacts the LAPD and reports him near the Twin Towers facility. This would have also bought him time.

With the above evidence among other things, I'm sure he got out of here a long time ago.

Archived