Career woes, perceived racism fuel ex-cop's anger

DJ MC

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So because the LAPD may be corrupt, some maniac gets a free pass to run wild and terrorize Southern California

Just because the NYPD may be corrupt, some maniac cops shot a African immigrant 14 times killing him for a total of 41 pulls of the trigger of .45 handheld guns, a hard working immigrant in NY  times when he was clearly not aggressive and was unarmed but pulling out a wallet to show ID for a criminal background check, putting NYC residents in disbelief, shock, and anger over the incident?

Just because the Ventura County Police is corrupt, some maniac cops shot this poor 14 year old Chinese immigrant girl multiple times making her crumple to the floor then erroneously charged with possession of a deadly weapon and after a mistrial sentenced to 5 years of confinement, when she was clearly after a 911 call by her dad was suicidal and about to kill herself slitting her throat with a steak knife? I was in tears when this happened. A 14 year girl shot by police? WTF?

This is the second time I posted this with commentary in this very thread, I'll assume that you unintentionally overlooked the first and second post.

May you answer these questions for us please? Because the focus right now is just not condoning Dorner's action, in fact we can see and actually agreed unanimously that he should be liable life imprisonment or sentenced to death by lethal injection for this mass murderer. Our focus is on the fear and anger of the American public over the sick and sadistic actions of the police!

In other words abuse of civilians at the hands of police and the degree of rampant and practically satanic corruption on the part of law enforcement they way this government is going? And stop dodging that fact because it is a fact not just something imagined. perhaps someone else may explain it better then I can what the jist of this discussion at this point is actually. 

there are bad apples in every bunch. You can bring up as many corrupt cops as you want, it still wont justify what maniac Donrner is doing to California. He could have expressed his anger and frustration in a non-violent manner instead.

People are making it out like this guy is some sort of saint that deserves some sort of reward.

That was not what I said. Nice try in insinuating that I am praising his actions because I don't. Stop  throwing words in my mouth and re-read my post please: 

this man in this case should had realized that we are living in different times and the ethical issues involved are different in this case thereby making his actions in committing this violent act in this case ethically and morally wrong.

He should had taken the role of a civil rights activists working close with civil rights leaders and the American public as well as the media advocating for the case against corruption within the LAPD instead of resorting to committing heinous murder. He should have realized that as since the era of the Black Panthers and MLK, we have the Civil Rights Act that protects persons of color to combat racism by peaceful means.

That was exactly his mistake resulting in the loss of life at his hands and now possibly HIS own life if not imprisonment for life. Very unwise move on his part by misdirecting his understandable rage against corruption.

Update. Dorner has been found(not yet captured) in the Big Bear area of Southern Calif. There was also a shootout earlier today in which 2 officers was wounded including one fatally. Now this development is being shown all over the cable news channels (as of this writing). When this is all over, watch that a movie is created. :o

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/12/christopher-dorner-ex-cop-los-angeles-mexico/1912553/

No one is praising his actions of killing four people (including two LAPD officers). However it's not okay for LAPD to shoot innocent people. Those are the people LAPD should be protecting not killing because of mistaken identity, color of skin, or religion. No one is right in both situations here.

So recent news says he might be holed up in a cabin in California. So I guess he didn't leave the state and the big reward lead to a lot more tips on his wearabouts.

Excellent assessment on the facts given on this situation on his whereabouts on your part Grand Concourse. You was right all along. He is still in hiding in California.

Update. Dorner has been found(not yet captured) in the Big Bear area of Southern Calif. There was also a shootout earlier today in which 2 officers was wounded including one fatally. Now this development is being shown all over the cable news channels (as of this writing). When this is all over, watch that a movie is created. :o

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/12/christopher-dorner-ex-cop-los-angeles-mexico/1912553/

No one is praising his actions of killing four people (including two LAPD officers). However it's not okay for LAPD to shoot innocent people. Those are the people LAPD should be protecting not killing because of mistaken identity, color of skin, or religion. No one is right in both situations here.

Short, simple and straight to the point. As the IP Board software resets my quota, for now + 1 !

So recent news says he might be holed up in a cabin in California. So I guess he didn't leave the state and the big reward lead to a lot more tips on his wearabouts.

Well at least we know he is still in California now. That shoots down my thoughts that he could be else where.

I don't care what system failed him,

I can see clearly now that you actually support police corruption. Shocking.  But you are entitled to your views netherless. And again for the second time, do not throw words into my mouth with your insinuations by accusation of something that I am not saying. I don't appreciate that. Apparently you are not reading my posts in the right context.

May you answer these questions for us please? Because the focus right now is just not condoning Dorner's action, in fact we can see and actually agreed unanimously that he should be liable life imprisonment or sentenced to death by lethal injection for this mass murderer. Our focus is on the fear and anger of the American public over the sick and sadistic actions of the police!

Why is it black or white? Why can't there be the gray areas where there are bad apples in the force? You can't call the entire force as corrupt. The main point I think everyone can agree on is the killings was an extreme and unforgivable way to get the message out. If there are corruption issues, he should've done it in a way that did not result in taking lives. Now can we please focus back on the manhunt?

Why is it black or white? Why can't there be the gray areas where there are bad apples in the force? You can't call the entire force as corrupt. The main point I think everyone can agree on is the killings was an extreme and unforgivable way to get the message out. If there are corruption issues, he should've done it in a way that did not result in taking lives. Now can we please focus back on the manhunt?

I scanned the entire thread and I did not see not one person say that they endorse the killings on the behalf of this man. Myself included.

Now as for you suggesting that people are making blanket statements about the police when they are not:

He should have started a movement, not a killing spree. There's no doubt about that. I would have supported a movement. He's right about many things regarding the culture of brutality and cover-ups at the LAPD, but there are many, many more ways to go about combating that than man-by-man elimination of those who have wronged him and (in the case of the young couple) their children. I still recommend that you read the manifesto, though, as if nothing else it's a fascinating psychological study of a man who was pushed too far.

... Say what you will, but although I don't agree with using homicide as a revenge tactic, I most certainly understand Dorner's plight.....

You know, I don't know much about this story, but it seems to me that this guy is serial killer.

Now as for your statements that I am stated that all police officers as bad, that is not so in the least by my record in supporting Asian American Civil Rights:

Fine comments. What struck me is the fact that you men eloquently brought out the fact that even as he should have NOT went to the extreme of homicide, what he should have done was take the path of an advocate for elimination of corruption within the judicial and law enforcement system that is in place today. 

I have stated this before, mentioning this in my profile page and going into detail in a thread I posted in here. I was very much involved while in college advocating for Asian American rights with Asian American activists such as Frank Chin. Such as the rash of hate crimes perpetrated against Chinese immigrants in the Fort Greene Area in Brooklyn back in 2008-2009 working closely with community leaders and the NYPD to stop the madness through increased police presence, to this day. I even went apartment to apartment with colleagues to provide encouragement to my brothers and sisters there to reassure them that we will find justice and that the madness will stop.

I don't agree with your statement regarding that I am saying that all cops are bad by making falsified assumptions because of my view on the rights of civilians concerning police brutality by some not all!. How's that for something to muse over? Take your time and muse over that. Thanks.

Carry on with this discussion guys on the ongoing manhunt for Dorner.

So that's that.

I'm going to say my piece here, and any of you may disagree with me -- I welcome it. I didn't support Dorner. But he raised an increasingly important question about the culture of brutality and cover-ups with the LAPD, and while he did it in an imperfect way, he started a conversation unfortunately few people were having at the time. As the police shot more and more innocent individuals while continuing to bungle the search for him, they proved his point. As they riddled cars with bullets, totaled multiple similar looking pickups -- they proved his point. And, in this media culture, we allow documenting of the actions of the police. We don't turn away cameras and request that Twitter "stop tweeting." We embrace transparency in the actions of our police forces -- anything less would allow for cover-ups. At the very end, when instead of letting him get out off the building as many reports indicate he attempted to do, the cops instead shoved him back inside and burned him to death, well, that proved his point. This is not the Middle Ages. We do not set murderers in this country on fire at the stake. We try them, or, if they pose a threat, they are killed by hopefully a single bullet. We don't set people on damn fire. That, I'm afraid, would be police brutality. 

They proved his point. 

EDIT: Ignore pending further information.

Archived