Event 2/25/13 Corona Elmhurst Planning Meeting for Transit Issue-

FamousNYLover

does this count me? i'm a teen and i could walk to there.

See the 1st page.

Actually, no. I've been on the first express of the PM rush, and it is REALLY packed. We pass locals that don't even have people standing. I'm in the front car looking out the RFW on the express, and I have gotten pushed to the spot where I had to push back on the RFW. But when we pass locals, don't seem packed at all. The only thing about the express and locals is that they always have to wait before terminating at Flushing.

That can actually be your perception of it. People look farther away so it seems their train is not as crowded.

Hmmm Ill go. They need my heroic ideas!

Don't even think of messing up my hometown (7) train. I go to 42nd street TQ from jackson heights and it only takes sometimes 20 minutes to get to manhattan from there. And it's not called   HEROIC  ideas or whatever it is called. It is called Foaming trains that you never learned Kendell little kid. 

My mom came back from work tonight. She was waiting at Queensboro for a <7> . The train came packed, and not everyone fit on that train. She had to wait for the next express due to the overcrowding. Thats how busy the (7) is, trains crowded until no one can go in. This is why express service shouldn't be decreased.

My mom came back from work tonight. She was waiting at Queensboro for a <7> . The train came packed, and not everyone fit on that train. She had to wait for the next express due to the overcrowding. Thats how busy the (7) is, trains crowded until no one can go in. This is why express service shouldn't be decreased.

I'm not saying express service should be decreased, but it also shouldn't be increased at the expense of the local - b/c then, you'd see the same exact situation, but on the local instead. It should be a balance, but an extra express train or so per hour could be snuck in - as a put in during it's most heavily trafficked hours. But then we'd have to deal w/ capacity constraints at TSQ and Main. 

The (7) during midday really needs some improvement. 12 minute headways is really just not enough! Every day when im coming from school, I always catch that 3:42 PM train that comes into 40 Street, I can just barely squeeze onto the train (its the back car too!). At every station along the way to 74th, the train always gets delayed due to the fact that people just can't fit onto the train since its so crowded. The conductor always says "let go of the doors!", which always does nothing. I've myself waited a few trains to pass at 40 St, and usually the more trains that pass the more crowded the train is.

the express seems to be the same way, but I can't tell since I don't ride it (I do see it pass every time, and it does look packed).

I did hear from the MTA a while back that they were going to put 13 more round trips on the (7) during weekdays this summer, hopefully that will include midday right before rush hour, as there is really just not enough service as of now.

Archived