167st during the blizzard

Andy

Ah, 167th Street. +1 to Andy for the the photos I actually used shop in that area sometimes (it's been a while) to get good quality meats from the butcher's shops. BTW alejr88, the food at that restaurant under the station, their food is absolutely horrible and I got food poisoning from it. I'd much rather go to a soup kitchen and eat there instead. *barf*

@realizm I don't eat there at all, my dad only buys broiled chicken there..I usually cook at home or leave it to mom to cook.

I liked going there for breakfast though the food selection is good on the AM, sausage and eggs with magoo or rice and sometimes bacalau guaranteed fresh. I think it was the meatballs I ate that got me sick. It's the PM cook that I don't like as far as his cooking, his food is horrible. After that it was over with that joint. But like the butcher shops, good cuts of meats at unbeatable prices. Gotta economize.

Ditto on cooking at home. You save money that way. Buying food everyday was killing my bank account until I found the wonderful skill of actually cooking......

Archived