(D) to Far Rockaway? (A) to Coney Island? Or a waste of programming.

Brighton Express

I'm wondering why we have relatively outlandish programs like these, but there doesn't seem to be programs for some re-routes that are somewhat plausible - e.g. the  (E) getting sent up Central Park West to 145th St or 168th St, which has happened in the past and can easily happen again.

Given enough time, the possibility of such a thing happening increases. I mean, just look at what was planned right before sandy hit : (F) to Far Rockaway (or was it Rockaway park?) - replacing the (A), I'm pretty sure the programs might come in handy sooner or later. 

(F) to the rockaways was planned before sandy hit? this is news to me since I'm on the (A) 100% of the time.

maybe he was confused with the Leffert's Fs. or he was listening to Wally...

No, i specifically remember looking at the Planned service changes page and seeing the (F) extended to the Rockaways (don't remember which terminal) during the late night hours. During the day, (F)'s were scheduled to go to Euclid. The weeks prior to this they had (F)'s going to lefferts. I'll see if i can find a thread that was posted here a while back on this subject. 

In my opinion we need as much programming as possible no matter how rare such a thing can be, look at the damn fast track recently 

Queens Bound (Q) train via the (D) line ?? that's not technically correct they should of had a 57th Street/6th Avenue bound (Q) program or several variations of the orange (Q) program aka the 6th avenue (Q). anyways enough ranting about the (Q) I in my opinion think they need as much programs as possible even a (R) to the Bronx if they don't have it, why ? because stuff can simply just happen either due to incident or some weather related problem.

No, i specifically remember looking at the Planned service changes page and seeing the (F) extended to the Rockaways (don't remember which terminal) during the late night hours. During the day, (F)'s were scheduled to go to Euclid. The weeks prior to this they had (F)'s going to lefferts. I'll see if i can find a thread that was posted here a while back on this subject. 

Please don't be offened if I trust Dan's words for the time being.

Total waste of programming, IMO. Seriously, the chance of an R160 (D) train is VERY SLIM. Then, the change of it running to Far Rock... 1/100000000000. By the way, the (F) went to Euclid one weekend in the summer.

Because the (D) will be forever R68/A.  <_<

Never a such thing as a waste of programming.  As RFC noted, I think just having every possible and nearly impossible route programmed would be good just in case.

As the saying goes, it's better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it.

By during the day, is that rush-hour or non-rush hour? How would they re-route the (F)? I'd say it stays on its normal route and switches over at Jay St. Will the MTA revisit this? 

I'm wondering why we have relatively outlandish programs like these, but there doesn't seem to be programs for some re-routes that are somewhat plausible - e.g. the  (E) getting sent up Central Park West to 145th St or 168th St, which has happened in the past and can easily happen again.

Instead of sending the (E) up the way you're talking about, why not send the (B) up to 168th Street, like it used to be? Be much better as it might offer riders an easier transfer if they need the 6th Avenue trains.

@lupojohn

True, but then again you have to consider that the (E) however can get rerouted over Central Park West to 168th Street if they announced at 42nd Street-Port Authority Bus Terminal that something is affecting service on the IND Queens Boulevard Line.

Or the lack of an (F) to Lefferts program which happened not too long ago.

Total waste of programming, IMO. Seriously, the chance of an R160 (D) train is VERY SLIM. Then, the change of it running to Far Rock... 1/100000000000. By the way, the (F) went to Euclid one weekend in the summer.

Uhm, the (D) doesn't need to be R160 per se... I mean, the (C) is all R32 but one or two years ago there was one R160 (C) which was a (C) programmed rerouted (F). So yes, (D) to Far Rock is very slim but the equipment won't hold it back; it could very well be a rerouted train from another line signed up as a (D).

In my opinion we need as much programming as possible no matter how rare such a thing can be, look at the damn fast track recently 

Queens Bound (Q) train via the (D) line ?? that's not technically correct they should of had a 57th Street/6th Avenue bound (Q) program or several variations of the orange (Q) program aka the 6th avenue (Q). anyways enough ranting about the (Q) I in my opinion think they need as much programs as possible even a (R) to the Bronx if they don't have it, why ? because stuff can simply just happen either due to incident or some weather related problem.

Actually, there is an 57 St/6 Ave bound (Q) program.

It's pretty weird when you look at some of the routes programmed in there (well, the ones that have been posted here and on Youtube). There's an (M) program to Euclid yet there's no (M) program to Jamaica Center-upper level, only to 179.

There's even a Brighton skip-stop (1980's flashback) program for the (B) for sure, but I'm not positive if the (Q) has it too.

It's pretty weird when you look at some of the routes programmed in there (well, the ones that have been posted here and on Youtube). There's an (M) program to Euclid yet there's no (M) program to Jamaica Center-upper level, only to 179.

There's even a Brighton skip-stop (1980's flashback) program for the (B) for sure, but I'm not positive if the (Q) has it too.

There's an M to Jamaica Center upper level program via 53rd.

I'm not sure about the (Q) skip stop but there is a rare (Q) via the 2nd Ave Line program.

There's an M to Jamaica Center upper level program via 53rd.

I'm not sure about the (Q) skip stop but there is a rare (Q) via the 2nd Ave Line program.

I guess that explains why we didnt see an (M) programmed to Jamaica Center after Sandy hit... Those M's went via 63rd...

And theyve gone along the Fulton line a couple of weekends every year for the last 2-3 years at least. Its was only within the last year they ran to lefferts. Before they only went to euclid. A few years ago, weekend GO F's ended at Hoyt overnights and Euclid during the day.

Thread: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/36446-f-to-lefferts-blvd-go/

on youtube: 

Um, you are talking to a guy who has some of the rarest announcements ever. And that post still doesn't complete his thought.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/1928-service-disruptions-to-hit-f-g-trains-this-weekend/

Know what, just get it through google. You'll find all the threads. 

Edit; Found it!!! (D) signed up to Far Rockaway:

I'm wondering why there's no way for a C/R to have the ability to just choose a line, terminals, and portions of express / local service instead of selecting a program. For example:

E ->from Jamaica Center -> to WTC -> QB Exp -> 8 Ave local via 53rd

Where each segment between the arrows is from a list similar to that on a computer and the C/R makes the choice from those segments. They could also add or delete station stops as nexessary and it would cut down on the number of times wrong info is displayed. Just a thought.

Archived