(D) to Far Rockaway? (A) to Coney Island? Or a waste of programming.

Brighton Express

I think he's referring to this:

wow! I was right lol. But heh, that would be something. They need to add another diamond crossover switch track for the lower level, shave back the platforms east of qbp and (not sure what the max length of the platforms are, so some might need to be extended) and b division cars on flushing :)

* note, this post was made in jest, obviously all the proposed changes would require a hell of a lot of money as well as clogging of the 60th st tubes.

its actually possible. The Flushing line was built during the dual contracts and saw both IRT and BMT service. the El is built to fit B division cars. All that will need to be done is shave off the platform edge. Which would probably only require the removal ofnthe wood strip that lines the platform edge.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk

@ Far Rock and Grand Concourse

The B Division cars can certainly access the Flushing Line if the platforms were shaved back, as far as I know. The problem, as GC pointed out, was when the line was built they only ran four or five car trains so there was no problem. The length of the platforms might pose a problem. I can recall stations on the Brighton Line being extended just to hold a 600' 10 car train. It's harder to extend elevated platforms if that's what it would take to make the idea work. Carry on.

Archived