Port Washington Shuttle Route

Mtatransit

It was a shuttle around the Port Washington LIRR Station, mostly meant for people who lived or worked in the area who didn't want to walk to/from the station. It was sort of similar to how the Great Neck N57 shuttle is meant for now (to take people to/from the LIRR or to other transfers), but this one was smaller. I don't remember what the numbering was though.

The route wad called the N28, IIRC. It was one of the routed that got cut by the MTA in 2010.

No, the N28 was between Roslyn Industrial Park and Roslyn LIRR Station. That was cut in 2010. He's talking about a shuttle route around the Port Washington LIRR Station.

It was a shuttle around the Port Washington LIRR Station, mostly meant for people who lived or worked in the area who didn't want to walk to/from the station. It was sort of similar to how the Great Neck N57 shuttle is meant for now (to take people to/from the LIRR or to other transfers), but this one was smaller. I don't remember what the numbering was though.

One of the reasons it failed is because it didn't service areas farther away from the train station. Most people could walk from where it ran.

One of the reasons it failed is because it didn't service areas farther away from the train station. Most people could walk from where it ran.

Not possible because LIB was superb and thus they couldn't have messed up such a route.

That makes sense. I could have walked it lol

Did the bus travel back in the opposite direction or did it just continue in the same loop/direction over and over?

Good question!

That route was devised by the LIRR.

Doesn't matter, I'm still counting it LIB since you love it so much. You should hold a shindig with PinePower lol.

Okay, on a serious note: I didn't know it was LIRR who devised it, thanks for correcting me! :) I will hold my horses in this topic then.

only a matter of time before LIRR devises more routes like that but a bit more far reaching and in suffolk with SCT I won't be shocked.

Not too likely because if you look in Nassau and Suffolk County, the majority of riders who take the LIRR daily to/from Manhattan either walk to/from their local LIRR station because they live in the area or drive to/from their station and leave their car parked there during the day.

Not too likely because if you look in Nassau and Suffolk County, the majority of riders who take the LIRR daily to/from Manhattan either walk to/from their local LIRR station because they live in the area or drive to/from their station and leave their car parked there during the day.

but it may be cheaper than adding parking? And folks can save money on parking and forget about the waiting list. Ask these people is they even know the bus that serves the station you will just get a blank stare. They will be like WTF "a bus comes here?" 

but it may be cheaper than adding parking? And folks can save money on parking and forget about the waiting list. Ask these people is they even know the bus that serves the station you will just get a blank stare. They will be like WTF "a bus comes here?"

Most LIRR parking lots are free, some aren't, but many avoid that by parking in nearby blocks, like the one I live on in Douglaston. People will always find a free way to park, its not thats hard anymore. And even if a bus does come to an LIRR station, there's a good chance its not going to where some riders live and walk from/to the LIRR.

Most LIRR parking lots are free, some aren't, but many avoid that by parking in nearby blocks, like the one I live on in Douglaston. People will always find a free way to park, its not thats hard anymore. And even if a bus does come to an LIRR station, there's a good chance its not going to where some riders live and walk from/to the LIRR.

I guess burrstone's idea of demand response meet the LIRR would be better Ohh well at least the buses in nassau tie in sort of. But it would be nice to consolidate some lines. Buses stop in front of the station no need to walk from nearby blocks through deathtrap traffic on sunrise. No searching for your car going all the way to the back just to get to it. But in suffolk you really have no choice I admit.

Archived