New Flyer Wins King County Metro Transit Contract

DJ MC

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – February 12, 2013: (TSX:NFI; TSX:NFI.DB.U) New Flyer Industries Inc. (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in the United States and Canada, announced today that Daimler Buses North America, Inc. (“DBNA”), has assigned to New Flyer its contract with Seattle Metro Transit, a division of King County Department of Transportation, to build up to 381 Xcelsior™ heavy-duty 35 and 40-foot diesel-electric hybrid buses. King County Metro’s initial order to New Flyer under the assigned contract consists of 60 heavy-duty 35-foot buses and 60 heavy-duty 40-foot diesel-electric hybrid buses.

The contract, which expires on June 30, 2014, includes remaining base order buses consisting of a combination of 181 35-foot and 40-foot diesel-electric hybrid buses, as well as 200 option buses consisting of a combination of 35-foot and 40-foot buses. This award assignment marks the first Xcelsior™ buses to be built for King County Metro’s fleet. The Xcelsior™ is New Flyer’s ‘best-in-class’ low-floor model that boasts improvements in fuel economy, passenger experience, accessibility, noise reduction and styling; supported by the New Flyer warranty, service and lifetime customer care.

Read more:Source

I saw this on New Flyer's news this morning. New Flyer is going to become huge and its good for them. I like the way the Xcelsiors are built and if there's no Orion, I have no problem with seeing New Flyers everywhere!

Archived