What train is this?

Harry

Caught this train right when I got to the platform. All electronic signage on the entire train was off. No front route LED, no side route and destination signs, no FIND information. Not even the interior LCD screens were on. There must have been a big-time glitch on this train today.

There were riders all over asking "what train is this?". There was total confusion on the platform. It was pretty bad.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

What train do you think it was?

Yeah, that looks like Times Square. Probably a (Q).

Wait a sec... the "Square" on the "Times Square" column signs don't go all the way to the end of the sign as seen here, unlike the first photo.

And the Herald Square column are red, not green. This could be 14th St/Union Square, which means this train could be an (N) as well.

I saw that crappy thing on the (Q) this afternoon,The front LCD's wasn't working. I saw it from the B103 bus that i was riding on and it stopped over the corelyou RD station. And i saw that set that you took pics of.

Btw the astom set was on the (Q) today, Its a POS A/C wasn't working right, FIND wasn't working right, irrating populsion sound when going though timers etc.

Looks like i will be riding B103/BM 1-4 buses more often now...

If you guessed a (Q) train you were correct. This was a Coney Island bound (Q) train at the 14th Street station.

Its funny because a couple of weeks ago I told myself, imagine all of the outside and inside electronic indicators failing. Then what? And there it was. Exactly how I imagined it. I just happened to have a camera.

I'm beginning to hate new technology...But nice shots Harry! I like the fact that the (Q) got something new, never took it since they used 68s.

You never rode on it because it used 68's? What do you dislike about the R68A's? There the best and most reliable cars in the fleet whats not to like?

If you guessed a (Q) train you were correct. This was a Coney Island bound (Q) train at the 14th Street station.

Its funny because a couple of weeks ago I told myself, imagine all of the outside and inside electronic indicators failing. Then what? And there it was. Exactly how I imagined it. I just happened to have a camera.

Well, I got half of it right...

You just happened to have a camera? Was it a godsend, a genuine malfunction? Or the (MTA) trying to fulfill your wishes, unintentionally or not?

You never rode on it because it used 68's? What do you dislike about the R68A's? There the best and most reliable cars in the fleet whats not to like?
The looks, the fact that I dealt with them all my childhood on the (D), and also the fact that they're taking over my ex-favorite route, the (B). Also I always get them on the (N) when I want a 160!

There was another situation where another R160B train signed up for the (W) had LCD screens saying the (N) to Coney Island. An Astoria-Bound (N) train had a LCD Destination bar saying (W) to Whitehall Street. These things are really bizzare.

Caught this train right when I got to the platform. All electronic signage on the entire train was off. No front route LED, no side route and destination signs, no FIND information. Not even the interior LCD screens were on. There must have been a big-time glitch on this train today.

There were riders all over asking "what train is this?". There was total confusion on the platform. It was pretty bad.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

What train do you think it was?

Harry was the PA working??

The Annoucements??

Archived