Question about the R160 cars assigned to the Eastern Division Lines.

Charleston

With 4 car set of 340 cars that are being assigned to the Eastern Division Lines and with 64 of them being converted to CBTC for the L lines, are there going to be enough 340 cars for the Eastern Division with spares or will some R42 cars remain there.

Can anyone clarify about this you transit workers that might work the Eastern Division Lines or another "B" Division Line(s).

340 R160A cars plus 209 R143 cars, (excluding the set that was involved in the Canarsie Accident) outnumber the approx 400 R42 cars that were on the (J)(L)(M) and (Z) lines. I say when all R160A cars are in, the R42 cars won't be around in that yard, that's how I see it. If anyone see that differently, respond to this post.

(L) uses R143 and R160A, (M)(Z) uses R160A. The (J) is still using R42 but that may change.

It's only a matter of time before the R42's are laid to rest or used elsewhere.

With 4 car set of 340 cars that are being assigned to the Eastern Division Lines and with 64 of them being converted to CBTC for the L lines, are there going to be enough 340 cars for the Eastern Division with spares or will some R42 cars remain there.

Can anyone clarify about this you transit workers that might work the Eastern Division Lines or another "B" Division Line(s).

Is it that hard for you to type a question mark? Lol.

I guess there would be enough. Plus if Alstom finishes the base order delivery, they're gunna do the Option orders, no?

In this day, there are no R42's running on the (M) anymore, there's plenty on (J) , and the (Z), that's rare.

R160A cars are assigned to the (L) full time as well as the (M).

(L) gets R160A cars because the 212 R143 cars weren't sufficient enough to meet the growing passenger load on the (L).

(M) uses R160A cars to replace the displaced R42 cars that were either stripped and dumped or transfered to the (A) service. R143's did appear on the (M) from the (L) as shuttles only.

The (Z) uses R160A cars as well

Oh well R160A's are running on (L)ime, (M)elon, and (Z)inc lines. I hope they'll hit the (J)elly line too.

As per sub chat they were spotted on the (J) tonight, and many of them (not just 1 or 2)...think I might head over there tomorrow and see for myself.

As per sub chat they were spotted on the (J) tonight, and many of them (not just 1 or 2)...think I might head over there tomorrow and see for myself.

Well the (J) has some R160A cars, well that's good, good luck looking for them tomorrow, they should be in service on the (J). I haven't seen an R160 on (J), only (L)emon (M)int and (Z)inc.

Archived