Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mtattrain

Just life from my apartment

LG and SAMSUNG buildings.... So are you in the heart of the Korean manufacturing area or what? What other Korean companies are nearby besides these two??

I got a question: How is the cost of living in South Korea as compared to New York ? How is the real estate situation there, in terms of property values, where it applies to rent ? 

I got a question: How is the cost of living in South Korea as compared to New York ? How is the real estate situation there, in terms of property values, where it applies to rent ? 

My apartment is quite expensive; around 2.2 million in US dollars.

This is Seoul or an other city in the area ?

Seoul.

My apartment is quite expensive; around 2.2 million in US dollars

WHAT?!  :o

Guess I'll be staying in NYC for a hot minute. Lol

On average Seoul is cheaper than New York or Paris.

I did some reading and can see that it's actually 33% less expensive to live in Seoul then New York. Some sources say even 49% less expensive.

Which is very reassuring. I may make it a goal to seriously try and make it in Asia in the foreseeable future.

This was one of the reasons Keiko and I are trying to get ourselves together now, with her going to school with the goal of becoming a nurse, as I continue to advance in the IT field. I may end up working with the NYC Department of Health in the IT department, and will have to take the civil service exam soon. I was actually just given the offer through an IT recruiting firm I am affiliated with. Right now I am working for a financial firm  in its IT department.

If this happens I will have to bite the bullet and work two jobs to get  ourselves through this transition  After we are all done we may attempt to move into Japan permanently after some years. I'm not kidding. But the it is just as expensive to live in Tokyo then New York, so we are not sure yet. But South Korea may be an alternative that could work.....

That's our ingenious plan that we may realize say in about 5 years. Heard it here first folks.