I need help with a railfan trip (put in random thoughts if needed)

R188 7857

I'm going on a railfan trip on Tueday (maybe Monday, but most likely Tuesday.). I don't have the camera at the time so I won't be taking pics.

I have quite a few questions,

1) Between what times can I catch the R62A (6)?

2) Which station do the R188 usually tests on?

3) How do I get to Eastchester Depot by the (5) train without transferring to buses?

That is all I have for now.

The R188s test on the Dyre Ave line around Gunn Hill Station (5). You can also see them parked (when not testing) at 180th street. IIRC, the R62A 6 train operates during the evening rush, and is one of the earlier scheduled runs? So maybe around 4 pm ish from City Hall station.

Directions to eastchester depot:

- Get off the (5) at the terminus.

- Find Light Street an head east, past rombouts ave and merritt ave to provost ave (T intersection; end of light street)

- make a right and head south on provost ave past boston road (where provost ave changes into conner street)

- continue on conner street past I-95.

- the bus depot will be on your left.

If you need a visual for this, simply type Eastchester Depot into google maps and it will provide you with a aerial of the area immediately.

Don't have an exact time but be at Brooklyn Bridge at 5:30pm. I'm sure you'll catch it after that time, if it doesn't show up it means it didn't run. (Note: Trains are running on a Saturday schedule so there is no <6> service today)

Don't have an exact time but be at Brooklyn Bridge at 5:30pm. I'm sure you'll catch it after that time, if it doesn't show up it means it didn't run. (Note: Trains are running on a Saturday schedule so there is no <6> service today)

5:30 pm is pretty accurate. The schedule says that every run from Pelham Bay Park to Brooklyn Bridge is about an hour long. Last Thursday I saw that Manhattan-bound R62A arrive at Buhre Av at 4:32 pm, so according to the schedule I would assume it arrived at Brooklyn Bridge by that time. In another scenario, a week ago I caught a Bronx-bound R62A at 86 St, and it was 6:05 pm when the train stopped at 103 St. Given that it takes half an hour for me to go from 110 Street to Canal Street, you can expect the R62A to be there at 5:30-ish.

Archived