You might be a foamer

Kamen Rider

If you made a song about trains and buses, you might be a foamer. If you like a song about trains and buses, you might be a foamer

I've always loved Ms. Gladys Knight (dig the Pips, too) so when she sang " Midnight Train to Georgia " I guess I became a "foamer", too. Believe me, the things I had in mind for her had nothing to do with transportation at the time.. I thought I was infatuated with her. Learn something new every day I guess.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved Ms. Gladys Knight (dig the Pips, too) so when she sang " Midnight Train to Georgia " I guess I became a "foamer", too. Believe me, the things I had in mind for her had nothing to do with transportation at the time.. I thought I was infatuated with her. Learn something new every day I guess.

LMAO!!! Well it's good to see that not everyone is creaming in their pants over trains or buses around here. I'm relieved I tell ya... Relieved!!  :lol:

I can only think of one...

If you bought Grand Theft Auto just to ride the trains and hijack the buses in there, you could be a foamer.

This is usually what I go to my friends house for, just to play GTA. I remember I thought there was no buses in the version of GTA that he had, that was until I realized a certian number of missions had to be done first. After completing enough missions, buses started to appear in the "Algonquin" boro (based off Manhattan). I remember I was doing a mission and for the first time I saw a bus sitting on the side, I jumped out of the car and ran straight to the bus lol. 

What I love about those buses is that they look just like Orion V CNGs, which people should know by now is my favorite bus lol.

So, im definetly guilty of this.

If you get off of an RTS for a NABI or pass up one for a NABI, you're a foamer. (Gonna happen to me one day or another.)

If you take 3 different buses to get to NYC instead of taking the direct one, you're a foamer. (Guilty)

If you scan the Multilevel numbers looking for the MLII's, you're a foamer.

If you suggest taking the Subway over walking 10 blocks uptown, you're a foamer. (Guilty as charged)

If you bought Grand Theft Auto just to ride the trains and hijack the buses in there, you could be a foamer.

This is usually what I go to my friends house for, just to play GTA. I remember I thought there was no buses in the version of GTA that he had, that was until I realized a certian number of missions had to be done first. After completing enough missions, buses started to appear in the "Algonquin" boro (based off Manhattan). I remember I was doing a mission and for the first time I saw a bus sitting on the side, I jumped out of the car and ran straight to the bus lol.

What I love about those buses is that they look just like Orion V CNGs, which people should know by now is my favorite bus lol.

Lao important guilty of doing that. I used take up imaginary routes and once i got to the end of the line i just blew up the bus and shot everyone around it.

If you've ever wrote a word problem in school about trains or buses, you might be a foamer.

(I hope I don't start anything here.)

Using the following data solve the word problem below:

The (4) runs approximately 15 trains per hour

The (5) runs approximately 15 trains per hour

The (6) runs approximately 28 train per hour

What is the mean amount of trains per hour on the Lexington Ave Line?

Micheal J Quill Depot has 24 LFSA buses. Gun Hill Depot has 48 LFSA buses. If Micheal J Quill Depot has 73 LFSA buses, how many buses does Gun Hill have?

While I didn't buy GTA just for train but for all the things you can do in the game and the big open world, I admit that I love taking in the subway in GTA V.

The system is very frequent, in peak time there is a train every minute.

"This is the C train, the next stop is West Park station".  :D

If you think making a bus go down an expressway for extreme commuting is a good idea YOU ARE A FOAMER!

You better hope he doesn't see this.

Continuing with the series...

If you've ever "lifted" any equipment from a TA (bus stop signs, guide-a-rides, benches, other random signs), you might be a foamer.

I'm not going into further detail as this site does not commend illegal acts. All I have to say is it was worth it.

Lao important guilty of doing that. I used take up imaginary routes and once i got to the end of the line i just blew up the bus and shot everyone around it.

LMAO i bet you used that Grenade Gun to blow the bus up.

How did you manage to pick up passengers? When I try to pick up passengers, especially in the outer boros, it doesn't work.

Also, when I get off the bus in an outer boro, I can't get back in. I guess its only for the Manhattan boro?

Using the following data solve the word problem below:

The (4) runs approximately 15 trains per hour

The (5) runs approximately 15 trains per hour

The (6) runs approximately 28 train per hour

What is the mean amount of trains per hour on the Lexington Ave Line?

Micheal J Quill Depot has 24 LFSA buses. Gun Hill Depot has 48 LFSA buses. If Micheal J Quill Depot has 73 LFSA buses, how many buses does Gun Hill have?

Heh this is fun math.

19.33 trains per hour is the mean of trains on the Lexington Avenue Line.

Gun Hill Depot has none of the buses since it gave it all to Quill Depot. However nobody knows where the extra LFSA got to Quill, Kingsbridge Depot maybe??

Ok back on topic, I am guilty of a few of those things mentioned in other posts.

The one where you stood up late just to ride out a rerouted train, taking 3 buses to get to NYC (yep, done it lots of times on the BeeLine).

Chasing a certain type of trainset (like the R62A <6> I caught a few weeks ago).

Yeah I have a problem, glad to know I'm not the only one.

Embrace difference. As long as you're not jizzing your pants when you see something cool, or trespassing into tunnels and abandoned stations, your 'issues' are relatively minor.

Exactly, just minor stuff like riding trains and buses. I don't trespass at all, learned my lesson from that already. I got a ticket back in 05 for riding my bike under the Concourse underpass at 167 St. The ticket was dropped so I saved $30 that day, my friend wasn't so lucky.

If you made a song about trains and buses, you might be a foamer. If you like a song about trains and buses, you might be a foamer

Only time I did that was when this appeared

LINK: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/39559-stuff-viewer-discretion-is-advised/?do=findComment&comment=643615

And when this happened : http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/39582-after-my-orion-v-cng-on-the-q60-thread/?do=findComment&comment=644417

I am guilty of that especially when listening to the Locomotion from Little Eva or Kylie Minogue. As for buses well.....

It's kind of hard to not foam over those RTS and New Look buses.

Archived