I'm starting to hate the 400s

JohnQPine

They are so freakin slow! 9 times out of 10 if the bus is late it's a 400 series. Why are they so much slower than the 300s? They groan trying to get up to speed. I had 402 today, someone wrote "garbage" over the bus number in the front, true to the point! And 397, which I just got off of on the N22, this has got to be the slowest bus in the fleet, 0-20 in 20 seconds!

I got video of the 397 which I will put up later...man what a slow POS. Late too. 199 was right behind it. Now 199 is a fast bus, had it on the 27 the other day and we were cruisin' along.

Also had 182 on Monday on the N27, ran pretty good as well. For some reason it didn't show up on the return trip outta Glen Cove, guess it broke down. I never throught I'd say it but the series 50s are really grinding down, the Cummins buses are the ones you want if you want to stay on time. Though I had 288 and 301 today they seemed pretty fast.

They must be slower because they aren't refurbished yet, while the older bus models probably got refurbished already at some point...Come on LIB get it together! Even the Orion VI Hybrids were faster here with thier puny S30s...

lol hey john sorry about the break down with 124 lol idk if u read my other post....

the only time i like 402 is when im on the 81 because its a slow bus for a slow run...otherwise......................SLOW

but not 397, u jus had it on a bad day, i had it with air conditioning on and i was drivin the 79 and it was faster than the cummins......awesome bus!!! i gotta c this video

288 spends most of its time hooked up to the back of a tow truck.....i TOLD U 182 was good did i not???????....and 199 is a beauty, cept i never got to actually floor that bus cause i was on the 23....but it was still fast....omg one of the faves......get some pics of these cummins baby...and maybe some of the others......wanna c the ones i havent driven in awhile

Archived