Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
narnia0100

openBVE MBTA Green Line Train Project

Hey guys, I've been downloading and playing different openBVE trains and they're pretty cool, but I was just wondering, how do you create a train in openBVE? What programs might you need? I was thinking that since there are a lot of MTA trains, why not create train from another transit system? I used to live in Boston for a period of time, and I liked to ride the Green Line a lot. I thought it'd be cool if I could create an MBTA Green Line train. I might start with a Type 7, then create a Type 8. I have a couple of questions for the members here:

1) Does anyone here live in the Boston area?

a) Can you help me record the announcements on the Green Line?

2) Does anyone here have a lot of experience with creating trains with an exterior on openBVE?

The Green Line trains are very special to me because I used to ride them all the time with my grandpa and we used to have a lot of fun. This is a project that I'd be very happy working on. If anybody can help me, I'd really appreciate it. 

Please respond.

Thanks! :)

Zachary

You'd need some kind of modeling software, such as blender, and textures...

Hi, 

Yes, I have Blender, but I'm not so good at using it. Is there a tutorial?

Thanks,

Zachary