Crosstown Bronx routes

Via Garibaldi 8

1. The B46 has over 16 million yearly riders. I doubt more than a few hundred thousand of those are farebeating, and even that's a stretch. It's common sense. The (MTA) barely keeps track of this stuff, so while I'd love to shove these obvious things in your face with the cold, hard facts, I can't. Any sane person would realize what you're saying isn't true...

2. But do you not see what the common factor is here? You. That should tell you something about the negative response to your behavior here.

1.  Yeah it's common sense, but to sit here and trivialize it like it's not a big deal while other communities see their overnight service cut is insane.

2.  Yes, I'm the common factor and I'm the target because I speak my mind about things that some people can't accept. That's what it is and nothing more.  Now this thread was started with me having a genuine interest in Bronx Crosstown routes out of curiosity and from the minute I posted, mainly smart @ss remarks followed.  Quite frankly I get along with most members here with the exception of a handful, and I do mean handful (particularly you and checkmate).  Sorry but neither of you are going to change who I am so you might as well accept it and move on.  I may not agree with other people's opinions but I generally don't go to the great depths that some folks have gone to to try conjure up utter BS. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really just about the scammers, beggars, and the like, is the question.....

It isn't that I got any pass because that had nothing to do with it.... See, I don't have that anti local bus/anti subway attitude like quite a bit of express riders do.... I mean, let's not forget the ferocity with which you first came on this board displaying your commentaries... What they say is true, you never get a second chance to make a first impression..... You don't have to regret any of it, but again as they say, what you give, you get back.... And let's face it, you can't be all that surprised with the reactions & replies you're getting back from people......

As far as brown nosing, no one's asking you to be a kiss ass; last thing we need on here....

You can still stand firm on a stance w/o being a total ass about it.

Sure, knock yourself out.... Post as many links to posts as you want.... Even some off other forums & blogsites.. Post streaming videos if you want to.... Increase your results.

I wanna see these Brooklynites that are slamming staten islanders & turning their noses up at them.

Which begs the question(s)...  What about 1 local bus rider, is that person a fool too...

How about any one that resorts to want to using locals for any reason......

Remember, you profess to taking two express buses over taking locals......

As I see it, what you're deeming oversensitivity is similar to people (in general) in society that sit & bitch about censorship (especially on sites like youtube).... These are the same people that cry censorship when they can't get to say whatever it is they want, due to getting blocked or their comments deleted or whatever..... So it's not always oversensitivity when people question (or lash out at) you, me or anyone else..... Fact of the matter is people are gonna say & believe whatever it is they want..... Comes with the territory......

Hey I'm the first one to say that I'm a strong personality, no question about it, but as time goes on, I've actually gotten along with most members in here, even ones that I really butted heads with at first including yourself.  You see I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me whatsoever, but let's leave the tactics aside.  At the end of the day we're talking about opinions here which everyone has and the depths that some folks go to here because they happen to disagree with my comments is a little over the top. Now a guy like MVH and even you, we've gone head to head with disagreeing and I'm perfectly fine with that because at the end of the day we have a mutual respect for each other to agree to disagree and we don't act like kids pouting and sulking.  No spreading of lies or any of that and that's the way it should be.

As for the Brooklynites you're referring to GC was one of them for starters...

Now to put this local bus/express bus nonsense to bed, I USE local buses too and just because I make light on the hooligans that ride on some lines doesn't mean that I'm somehow terrible, but that's how I've been painted, which I'm not surprised by.  Basically anyone who talks about those types of folks is automatically an elitist or a racist or whatever names they like to use.  Whatever.  As far as what I profess to taking, I profess to taking the quickest route possible and if that means that I don't have to take two local buses and a subway and can take one or two express buses then so be it.  Like I said before, aside from me and Gorgor, we were really the only regular express bus riders here for a while, and both of us have been labeled as elitists at some point or another.

1) Yeah, I know I'm sooo disgusting.  I get off easy because of trolls like you.... I'm sure you're someone else on here... Dj Hammers.... Any other troll names? lol

2) Oh really?? The instances in which that occurred in these threads, they certainly did pull that card.  I just think it's utter BS that you have double standards.  They were slamming Staten Islanders because they thought they were better because they're from Brooklyn.  

3) There's no point in going back and forth with him and I've realized that.  He's obsessed with anyone that says anything about ghetto people (which by the way come in all shapes and colors) (or as he says "self-hating racists"), so now he's supposedly on this campaign to somehow embarrass me like I'm somehow living a false life or something.  The whole thing is comical. I guess I'm supposed to be ashamed because I'm a upper middle class guy (still middle class in the overall scheme of things), which is exactly what I am and have no problem with it... Anyone who knows me and talks with me knows that I'm a very down to earth person and in fact a large majority of my friends are minorities (Latinos, Asians and the like).  The difference is they're not deadbeats.  They work hard and are successful.  When I talk about ghetto people I'm talking about the lazy shiftless types that look for handouts and if anyone can't accept that well then too bad. 

1) You do realize Dj Hammers joined before you, right? Why would somebody make an account to troll you a year and a half before you even joined?

2) When? When were they slamming SI-ers?

3) Nice try. Trying to say it's about ghetto people. :rolleyes: Right, you're the only one on this whole forum that speaks out against ghetto people. OK.

You're a proven self-hating racist. That's not something I'm "saying" like I made that term up myself. Love the way you try to save face......

1) No I think it's just because I'm one of the few express bus riders on here.  You're a recent convert so you get a pass, but I noticed the same BS with Gorgor... He was automatically an elitist when he didn't go along with the program so to speak and went against the grain.  I'm not going to sit here and brown nose like that. I've never done that BS and I'm going to start doing it now either.

2) Oh really?  Shall I pull out some of those old posts from this forum?? It sure as hell did happen and as a matter of fact, one of the people that did it admitted it and apologized, so yeah it did happen.  The only reason they apologized was because I pointed it out and NO ONE else said jack squat about it, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

1) QM1to6Ave takes the express bus, and he hasn't made any particularly elitist comments. And what the hell is this nonsense about "he's a recent convert so he gets a pass"? In case you haven't realized, he's fanned those things for years (and mentioned taking express buses home on a regular basis)

And you're way more elitist than Gorgor.

2) Sure, go ahead.

The B46 has over 16 million yearly riders. I doubt more than a few hundred thousand of those are farebeating, and even that's a stretch. It's common sense. The (MTA) barely keeps track of this stuff, so while I'd love to shove these obvious things in your face with the cold, hard facts, I can't. Any sane person would realize what you're saying isn't true...

I remember a while back that said the B46 had something like 3,000 riders a day, whereas the total daily ridership is over 50,000. So that's less than 6%. Maybe they undercounted and it's double that, so maybe 12%. Still a lot, but the vast majority of riders still pay. FWIW, when I fanned the B46, I don't recall any farebeaters (and this was like 2PM). Of course, it was one trip and it's not like I'm a regular rider, but if farebeating was so rampant, I would've likely seen something.

Yes, I'm the common factor and I'm the target because I speak my mind about things that some people can't accept. That's what it is and nothing more.  Now this thread was started with me having a genuine interest in Bronx Crosstown routes out of curiosity and from the minute I posted, mainly smart @ss remarks followed.  Quite frankly I get along with most members here with the exception of a handful, and I do mean handful (particularly you and checkmate).  Sorry but neither of you are going to change who I am so you might as well accept it and move on.  I may not agree with other people's opinions but I generally don't go to the great depths that some folks have gone to to try conjure up utter BS. 

Yeah, right.

Hey I'm the first one to say that I'm a strong personality, no question about it, but as time goes on, I've actually gotten along with most members in here, even ones that I really butted heads with at first including yourself.  You see I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me whatsoever, but let's leave the tactics aside.  At the end of the day we're talking about opinions here which everyone has and the depths that some folks go to here because they happen to disagree with my comments is a little over the top. Now a guy like MVH and even you, we've gone head to head with disagreeing and I'm perfectly fine with that because at the end of the day we have a mutual respect for each other to agree to disagree and we don't act like kids pouting and sulking.  No spreading of lies or any of that and that's the way it should be.

Nice try. Everything was fine until you sent me a PM that proved you were an actual racist. Let's not try to make this about me disagreeing with your opinions. All these "tactics" (which are based on things you yourself said, not "lies" I'm making up) came about after that crap.

1) You do realize Dj Hammers joined before you, right? Why would somebody make an account to troll you a year and a half before you even joined?

2) When? When were they slamming SI-ers?

3) Nice try. Trying to say it's about ghetto people. :rolleyes: Right, you're the only one on this whole forum that speaks out against ghetto people. OK.

You're a proven self-hating racist. That's not something I'm "saying" like I made that term up myself. Love the way you try to save face......

1) QM1to6Ave takes the express bus, and he hasn't made any particularly elitist comments. And what the hell is this nonsense about "he's a recent convert so he gets a pass"? In case you haven't realized, he's fanned those things for years (and mentioned taking express buses home on a regular basis)

And you're way more elitist than Gorgor.

2) Sure, go ahead.

I remember a while back that said the B46 had something like 3,000 riders a day, whereas the total daily ridership is over 50,000. So that's less than 6%. Maybe they undercounted and it's double that, so maybe 12%. Still a lot, but the vast majority of riders still pay. FWIW, when I fanned the B46, I don't recall any farebeaters (and this was like 2PM). Of course, it was one trip and it's not like I'm a regular rider, but if farebeating was so rampant, I would've likely seen something.

Yeah, right.

Nice try. Everything was fine until you sent me a PM that proved you were an actual racist. Let's not try to make this about me disagreeing with your opinions. All these "tactics" (which are based on things you yourself said, not "lies" I'm making up) came about after that crap.

Please everything was not fine, but let's say that's the case. You claim it's ONLY about me being a "racist" and an "elitist" and that's supposedly the sole reason.  If that was the case you would be going after every so called "elitist" and "racist" in here, which you have NOT done, so please. That guy PinePower is supposedly a racist too and I don't see you say jack squat to him and you claim Gorgor is an elitist yet you say nothing to him either. A few others have made remarks that others found offensive and some on more than one occasion and yet I don't see you saying anything. Very interesting...  

The point in which I supposedly "proved" that I was a racist happened well over a year ago and yet you're still talking about it and you claim you're not obsessed.... Hell even MVH and I settled our differences... If those are your sole reasons for why you've been following me around with this for over a year now, it sure as hell doesn't seem like it because.

I wouldn't call Via a racist.  Yes, he does include race when it isn't always necessary (ex: "the black bus driver"), but he's not saying anything derogatory in those statements, he's just including what he observed.  I'm sick of all this super political correctness where pointing out that someone was black or Spanish or any other race, without even saying anything bad about that race, makes you racist.

Via, yes I may be much better off than you but I don't constantly post about it and flaunt it.  You try to avoid the "riff raff" on the bus, but you take the bus also.  Just because they're not taking the bus into Manhattan automatically makes you superior to them?  I definitely do agree that there can be "riff raff" on the bus, and you even said that there might be some "riff raff" on the BxM10, so what makes them "riff raff" and separates them from you?

Please everything was not fine, but let's say that's the case. You claim it's ONLY about me being a "racist" and an "elitist" and that's supposedly the sole reason.  If that was the case you would be going after every so called "elitist" and "racist" in here, which you have NOT done, so please. That guy PinePower is supposedly a racist too and I don't see you say jack squat to him and you claim Gorgor is an elitist yet you say nothing to him either. A few others have made remarks that others found offensive and some on more than one occasion and yet I don't see you saying anything. Very interesting...  

The point in which I supposedly "proved" that I was a racist happened well over a year ago and yet you're still talking about it and you claim you're not obsessed.... Hell even MVH and I settled our differences... If those are your sole reasons for why you've been following me around with this for over a year now, it sure as hell doesn't seem like it because.

The hell you talking about "I don't see you say jack squat to him"? I've called him out plenty of times on his racism. For instance.....

(BTW, if somebody thinks all Hispanics are illegal immigrants, thinks of them as being an "infestation", and calls them "roaches" & "beaners", and probably a few other terms I forgot, I wouldn't call that "supposedly" being racist).

As for Gorgor, well, for starters, any elitism of his is a fraction of yours. He's not sitting around talking about "Look at all that riff-raff on those buses", and constantly talking about "Oh, that area is so bad, and it can't be associated with my neighborhood blah blah blah", the way you do, both in SI & The Bronx. There's a difference between throwing it out there, and constantly harping on it. Not to mention that you've explicitly stated in the past that riff-raff equates to minorities (in this very thread, you were talking about "Oh, the BxM10 has riff-raff. Look, it ends in a minority neighborhood", and there are a bunch of threads where you've mentioned things like "Oh, the people who use the BxM1 in Inwood aren't riff-raff because they're mainly whites") Aside from that, I can't be particularly mad at him when I'm using his map/schedule-making software. Like he said above me, he doesn't constantly flaunt his wealth (which in your case, you don't actually have), and pretend he's better than everybody else.

If there's a comment I find offensive, I'll respond, regardless of who says it. Remember that whole argument with Joe?

If somebody takes it upon themselves to send me a message where they immediately start comparing skin color to fecal matter, I wouldn't "supposedly" call that racist. Not to mention all your comments about "Oh, well, it's understandable how blacks could afford to live there", and all that.

Oh yes, following you around. Like I have nothing better to do with my time. :rolleyes: Like I said, you're not going to sit there and try to silence me, and I don't see how responding to your posts equates to "following you around". (I'd like to see you try to tell that to the police. "Oh, some kid is responding to my posts") Like, damn, are you actually scared I'm going to hurt you or something? I respond to whatever posts I feel like responding to. If you don't like it, too bad.

BTW, how's 3068 doing? ;) Didn't realize you were a 45 year-old woman. (Don't sit there and pretend that making a few posts about Oregon or some shit is going to somehow cover that up).

LOL...

The hell you talking about "I don't see you say jack squat to him"? I've called him out plenty of times on his racism. For instance.....

(BTW, if somebody thinks all Hispanics are illegal immigrants, thinks of them as being an "infestation", and calls them "roaches" & "beaners", and probably a few other terms I forgot, I wouldn't call that "supposedly" being racist).

As for Gorgor, well, for starters, any elitism of his is a fraction of yours. He's not sitting around talking about "Look at all that riff-raff on those buses", and constantly talking about "Oh, that area is so bad, and it can't be associated with my neighborhood blah blah blah", the way you do, both in SI & The Bronx. There's a difference between throwing it out there, and constantly harping on it. Not to mention that you've explicitly stated in the past that riff-raff equates to minorities (in this very thread, you were talking about "Oh, the BxM10 has riff-raff. Look, it ends in a minority neighborhood", and there are a bunch of threads where you've mentioned things like "Oh, the people who use the BxM1 in Inwood aren't riff-raff because they're mainly whites") Aside from that, I can't be particularly mad at him when I'm using his map/schedule-making software. Like he said above me, he doesn't constantly flaunt his wealth (which in your case, you don't actually have), and pretend he's better than everybody else.

If there's a comment I find offensive, I'll respond. That's it.

If somebody takes it upon themselves to send me a message where they immediately start comparing skin color to fecal matter, I wouldn't "supposedly" call that racist. Not to mention all your comments about "Oh, well, it's understandable how blacks could afford to live there", and all that.

Oh yes, following you around. Like I have nothing better to do with my time. :rolleyes: Like I said, you're not going to sit there and try to silence me, and I don't see how responding to your posts equates to "following you around". Like, damn, are you actually scared I'm going to hurt you or something?

BTW, how's 3068 doing? ;) Didn't realize you were a 45 year-old woman. (Don't sit there and pretend that making a few posts about Oregon or some shit is going to somehow cover that up).

Well you claim you have such a problem with me and you hate racists and elitists so much, but yet you can't stop commenting on my posts constantly and trying to engage me in conversation, but I'm a racist and an elitist remember? It has nothing to do with me being scared of you.  I just find it very peculiar that on the one hand you claim to be sooooo repulsed by me and all of the comments that I've made, but yet on the other hand, you can't stop talking about me and hanging on to every word that I say, even going as far as to copy comments I've made from the chat box and save them.  I find the whole thing really odd, as if you're keeping notes on me or something.  No normal person does that crazy sh*t. I think by now if your purpose was to show everyone that I'm a racist and an elitist, if they don't know by now, they're never going to know. Usually people that have problems with racists and elitists don't keep chatting with them and trying to engage them in conversation, which you make a point to do.  "Oh he's ignoring me..." That raises the question as to why exactly you would want any dealings with me??? That's what I want to know...

Oh and the last time I PMed you was how long ago?? Since you keep bringing up when I used to PM as if it was recent (over a year ago...) It's like I've never seen a person follow another person around before and claim that he says so many issues with that person.

As for this "wealth" that you keep talking about, I don't recall ever claiming I was "wealthy", but sure if you say so.  Upper middle class and wealthy is far from the same thing. Hell I don't even think Gogor is "wealthy", even though he thinks he is because he has a car and parks it in a garage. LOL

LOL...

Well you claim you have such a problem with me and you hate racists and elitists so much, but yet you can't stop commenting on my posts constantly and trying to engage me in conversation, but I'm a racist and an elitist remember? It has nothing to do with me being scared of you.  I just find it very peculiar that on the one hand you claim to be so repulsed by me but yet on the other you can't stop talking about me.  I find the whole thing really odd. I think by now if your purpose was to show everyone that I'm a racist and an elitist, if they don't know by now they're never going to know. Usually people that have problems with racists and elitists don't keep chatting with them and trying to engage them in conversation. That raises the question as to why exactly you would want any dealings with me???

I see the point went right over your head.

In case you haven't realized, there are other members on this forum besides you, and I want to make my opinion known to the other members. It may involve the fact that you're a racist and elitist, or it may not, depending on exactly the topic at hand. No, I'm not "constantly" trying to engage you in conversation (how would you know that if you're supposedly ignoring my posts?) If I see a post of yours that I wish to respond to, then I'll respond. Keep in mind that you also post far more frequently than many other members. I've been here since February 2010, and I have less than 8,000 posts. Meanwhile, you've been here since November 2010, and you have over 13,000. (And there are plenty of members who have far fewer posts than either of us).

I see the point went right over your head.

In case you haven't realized, there are other members on this forum besides you, and I want to make my opinion known to the other members. It may involve the fact that you're a racist and elitist, or it may not, depending on exactly the topic at hand. No, I'm not "constantly" trying to engage you in conversation (how would you know that if you're supposedly ignoring my posts?) If I see a post of yours that I wish to respond to, then I'll respond. Keep in mind that you also post far more frequently than many other members. I've been here since February 2010, and I have less than 8,000 posts. Meanwhile, you've been here since November 2010, and you have over 13,000. (And there are plenty of members who have far fewer posts than either of us).

Uh huh... LOL If I was repulsed by someone as much as you claim you are by me and the way you go on about all of these posts that you claim I've made and the various aliases that I'm supposed to have, I would want no dealings with you.  The only reason I'm responding to you now is to clarify your "reasoning" to constantly quote me. You go out of your way to "clarify" everything that I have to say and then you say "Oh he's ignoring me..."  Are you my publicist or something? I supposed that explains why you went and copied things I said from the chatbox and saved them too right? All I have to say is I may be a racist and an elitist which you claim you've "proven", but you sure as hell ain't all that sane either, esp. since this has been going on with this nonsense about the last time I PMed you for over a year now.  And with that I have nothing more to say because quite frankly this will never stop.  

I wouldn't call Via a racist.  Yes, he does include race when it isn't always necessary (ex: "the black bus driver"), but he's not saying anything derogatory in those statements, he's just including what he observed.  I'm sick of all this super political correctness where pointing out that someone was black or Spanish or any other race, without even saying anything bad about that race, makes you racist.

Via, yes I may be much better off than you but I don't constantly post about it and flaunt it.  You try to avoid the "riff raff" on the bus, but you take the bus also.  Just because they're not taking the bus into Manhattan automatically makes you superior to them?  I definitely do agree that there can be "riff raff" on the bus, and you even said that there might be some "riff raff" on the BxM10, so what makes them "riff raff" and separates them from you?

My point was that IF I was supposedly avoiding all of the riff raff I wouldn't be taking public transit period. I would be driving.  As for your other point, about me being this hard core racist, THANK YOU.  This kid has been going on and on and on about this BS for over a year and it's beyond ridiculous already.  So I make some snide remarks or crack some jokes in good fun.  God damn... You would think I was a mass murder or something. He seriously has taken this way overboard and that's why I'm trying to understand if he's really being straight forward when he claims he's been on this so called crusade of his for well over a year because I'm a racist and an elitist or what his agenda is.  Quite frankly I'm starting to think that the kid is some sort of whack job, and others have stated this to me too in private.  They don't understand why he constantly follows me around trying to engage me in conversation. I think he's extremely oversensitive if anything because if anyone says ANYTHING that he deems to be offensive (esp. about black or Latinos), he automatically goes off of the deep end like the world is coming to an end.  Hell I even make fun of Italians and I'm half Italian and you don't see me going all crazy when someone says something about Italians.  I have plenty of Latino friends that crack ethnic jokes too and no one goes ape sh*t over it.  I'm sure he'll come back rehashing the same comments that he has rehashed over and over and over again.

Now him and Threxx a while ago devised this plan to supposedly "shame me" because I'm not "wealthy" even though I've never claimed to be (LOL), but even Threxx said that checkmate should give it a rest, but he continues to go and on and claims he's so repulsed by me. I just don't get it.  Mind you Threxx is younger than checkmate, but quite frankly, I'd say Threxx is far more mature than this guy.

Uh huh... LOL If I was repulsed by someone as much as you claim you are by me and the way you go on about all of these posts that you claim I've made and the various aliases that I'm supposed to have, I would want no dealings with you.  The only reason I'm responding to you now is to clarify your "reasoning" to constantly quote me. You go out of your way to "clarify" everything that I have to say and then you say "Oh he's ignoring me..."  Are you my publicist or something? I supposed that explains why you went and copied things I said from the chatbox and saved them too right? All I have to say is I may be a racist and an elitist which you claim you've "proven", but you sure as hell ain't all that sane either, esp. since this has been going on with this nonsense about the last time I PMed you for over a year now.  And with that I have nothing more to say because quite frankly this will never stop.  

First of all, it wasn't a year ago. Not even close.

Second of all, the hell are you talking about "clarifying"?

And yeah, I saved them from the chatbox because I knew something was up. You claimed you were taking a break, and yet you were still coming back here every day, and then you and SB come in talking about "Oh, I'll lie and tell them you're taking a break, but I know the real reason".

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's concrete proof. Aside from that, plenty of other people have called you out in the past on those things.

BTW, I notice you dropped your other points about "Oh, I'm only going after you, not Pinepower or Gorgor".

As for being wealthy, well AFAIC, all this crap about "affluence" is the same thing. You flaunt your money around (whether it's wealth or affluence, or being upper middle class or whatever you want to call it) and rub it in everybody's face, and try to act like you have more money than you do.

And don't start pretending that stuff about blacks and Latinos was a joke. Comparing somebody's skin color to fecal matter is a joke now?

And what the hell are you talking about "We started a plan to shame you because he's not affluent"? No, we had a plan to expose your troll account, Guest18, which we suceeded in doing.

Anyone want to say anything to get this thread back on track?

DING DING DING!!! In this corner we have the 6ft heavy weight VG8 EXPRESS LORD man he kisses up to those express buses to the point of abandoning logic. This corner the outspoken teen checkmate13 get READY TO RUMBLE BEGIN EPIC RAP BATTLES EXPRESS VS LOCAL riders!! Loving the popcorn right now. May the god be with this thread.

Now to put this local bus/express bus nonsense to bed, I USE local buses too and just because I make light on the hooligans that ride on some lines doesn't mean that I'm somehow terrible, but that's how I've been painted, which I'm not surprised by.  Basically anyone who talks about those types of folks is automatically an elitist or a racist or whatever names they like to use.  Whatever.  As far as what I profess to taking, I profess to taking the quickest route possible and if that means that I don't have to take two local buses and a subway and can take one or two express buses then so be it.  Like I said before, aside from me and Gorgor, we were really the only regular express bus riders here for a while, and both of us have been labeled as elitists at some point or another.

Why is it that you continue to bring up other people when someone is specifically talking about you; you've done that throughout that whole exchange.... The deflection tactics..... Really, you need to take your own advice when it comes to using tactics; like that crap suggesting that I take the subway at other times because it isn't packed 24/7 instead of taking the express & the silly comparison of comparing BM rush hour ridership to subway ridership..... The playing dumb tactics when legitimate logical commentary was aimed your way......

Again, your first rebuttal to me was you telling me that I take the express bus - which was moot to even bring up because there was no denial of me using the express bus...... See, what you do is make the comments that you do on this forum, someone calls you out something, then you wanna point other people that make similar comments & claim double standard because you're being addressed.... The one who barks the loudest gets the most attention..... Everyone doesn't have to be addressed on something before they get to you..... You may not like it or want to come to grips to it, but you make yourself a target with the things you say on here, and it isn't just because you're a regular express bus rider.....

It isn't just you making light of the hooligans, scammers, etc..... You use local buses, but you go out of your way to dump on local riders too (and not just the scammers, beggars, and hooligans either) - You gloat about your utilization of express bus on top of that fact.... You make it far too easy for someone to hold the belief that you're this terrible person.... Basically anyone that talks about the hooligans, etc. aren't labeled elitists - it's the lengths at which those people talk about those they feel that are beneath them, along with propping themselves up... Speaking of pretending, don't pretend like you don't know what an elitist is.....

Having a strong personality doesn't consist of berating & making disparaging comments about local bus/riders to boost yourself up.... The taking of an express bus doesn't make you better than anybody....

Anyone want to say anything to get this thread back on track?

I'll try....

I'd like to know what (general... they don't have to be detailed) Bronx crosstown ideas people have in mind....

Like between where & where on what route, or what combination of routes, or what new route that's in mind....

I realize that the east-west network isn't the best, but I can't think of any plausible east-west route of sorts worth forming/creating.....

I mean, it's not like brooklyn for example, when a couple of us (myself included) have our Av. P/69th (or 65th) st idea to fill in that particular east-west gap......

I. am sick of hearing about this damn PM.... Let me clarify this sh*t once and for all... My response which I had thought about was in response to your PM asking why I was so dark for an Italian, which to refuse to admit. I in turn was offended because you indinuated that something was wrong with ME. The person that I was etalking about being a piece of sh*t because that's how your PM came off to me as offrnsive and indulting, do if you want to krep bringing up tjat PM then be honestand say EXACTLY what you said. You said oh is that why you're so dark? You asked me numerous times too, so I rrsponfed i. a nasty anf sarcastic tone You like to leave that part out though, whether it was uour curiositu or not, I didn't appreciate how you phrased thequestion

Since I am on my phone I can't correct the post above, but like I said, you conveniently leave out the fact that you asked me multiple times why I was so dark for an Italian. When I replied in a separate PM I replied in a sarcastic and angry manner because I didn't like your remarks and the person I referred to as a piece of sh*t was ME, not some other person as you keep trying to imply I didn't appreciate your comments towards me, so why don't you be honest and admit what you really said??

Would the new Bx46 count as a crosstown?

Nah... to go from the (2/5) to Hunts point proper takes on a more southerly direction... The Bx46 is more of a feeder than anything....

A crosstown for example would be like, well, the Bx12/Bx12 subway-bus synchronization (inside joke.. I call the Bx12 the crosstown subway)....

Or, if the Bx6 were to go to Pelham Bay Park [via today's Bx5] instead of Hunts point (which I remember someone suggesting on straps back in the day)... I wouldn't say both of those routes by themselves (Bx5 & Bx6) are bronx crosstowns though...

I guess you can consider the Bx40/42 to be a crosstown as well...

not really unless you restructure it that is or extend it to E 180 th subway station via I-895.

Heck if extended to Van Cortlandt Park–242nd Street via say norwood and I-895 then yeah then you can call it a crosstown.

Wrong..... That wouldn't be a crosstown at all......

Another shameless plug of another blurted out idea of yours.....

If that Bx46 were to pan towards Van Cortlandt Park (1), it would be travelling NORTHbound....

Why is it that you continue to bring up other people when someone is specifically talking about you; you've done that throughout that whole exchange.... The deflection tactics..... Really, you need to take your own advice when it comes to using tactics; like that crap suggesting that I take the subway at other times because it isn't packed 24/7 instead of taking the express & the silly comparison of comparing BM rush hour ridership to subway ridership..... The playing dumb tactics when legitimate logical commentary was aimed your way......

I'd just like clarify my comments earlier since you obviously were pissed about what I said, but I don't care.  I said what I said because you seem to forget that I lived near the Brighton line not only in Sheepshead Bay but also in Midwood, so I'm not foreign to the morning and evening crowds. The way you made it sound was like the (B) was so crowded that you no choice but to use the express bus, and that I just don't believe, as if the (B) is overcrowded to point of the (4) or (5), so that's why I said what I said.

Again, your first rebuttal to me was you telling me that I take the express bus - which was moot to even bring up because there was no denial of me using the express bus...... See, what you do is make the comments that you do on this forum, someone calls you out something, then you wanna point other people that make similar comments & claim double standard because you're being addressed.... The one who barks the loudest gets the most attention..... Everyone doesn't have to be addressed on something before they get to you..... You may not like it or want to come to grips to it, but you make yourself a target with the things you say on here, and it isn't just because you're a regular express bus rider.....

No not at all... All I'm saying is if people have such problems with what I say then when others say similar things the feelings should be mutual, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And so what? Some of them are hooligans so I call a spade a spade.  You act like NO ONE does that.  I mean get real...

Having a strong personality doesn't consist of berating & making disparaging comments about local bus/riders to boost yourself up.... The taking of an express bus doesn't make you better than anybody....

It doesn't but what I've said in the past was that on certain modes of transit, there tends to be fewer hooligans, which is true.

It isn't just you making light of the hooligans, scammers, etc..... You use local buses, but you go out of your way to dump on local riders too (and not just the scammers, beggars, and hooligans either) - You gloat about your utilization of express bus on top of that fact.... You make it far too easy for someone to hold the belief that you're this terrible person.... Basically anyone that talks about the hooligans, etc. aren't labeled elitists - it's the lengths at which those people talk about those they feel that are beneath them, along with propping themselves up... Speaking of pretending, don't pretend like you don't know what an elitist is.....

Exactly, so don't make it sound like I dump on ALL local bus riders, when I use the local bus as well.

Now getting back to the crosstown routes, could there be any creation of crosstown routes that would take away riders from the Bx12?

I'll try....

I'd like to know what (general... they don't have to be detailed) Bronx crosstown ideas people have in mind....

Like between where & where on what route, or what combination of routes, or what new route that's in mind....

I realize that the east-west network isn't the best, but I can't think of any plausible east-west route of sorts worth forming/creating.....

I mean, it's not like brooklyn for example, when a couple of us (myself included) have our Av. P/69th (or 65th) st idea to fill in that particular east-west gap......

Well, there's the gaps along 222nd & 233rd Streets that we discussed a while back, and Threxx brought up that route along 183rd/187th, but all of those routes are within certain sections of The Bronx (they don't help much in crossing the Bronx River).

I mean, it comes down to what I mentioned before in that every east-west street that crosses the Bronx River basically has bus service. You have the ones that go straight across (like the Bx12, Bx40/42, etc), and then the ones that are more L-shaped like the Bx22, Bx36, etc. The only thing I could really think of would be a combination of either the Bx11 or Bx35 with those Bx5 short-turns to Soundview, if there are a lot of transfers between the two routes. But then you have the issue of reliability, with those routes coming all the way from Manhattan.

I forget who mentioned it (I think it was Far Rock Depot), but for the most part, crosstown trips within The Bronx can be made with two buses at most unless you live in an isolated area (like say, Throgs Neck).

I mean, for the routes crossing the Bronx Park, I don't think there's too much demand for service deep into the opposite area. People from the NE Bronx aren't trying to get past Norwood/Bedford Park for the subway connections, and I don't see why people from the Kingsbridge area would really be trying to get to WPR and beyond in large numbers. Then south of Fordham Road, the Bx4/4A, Bx36, & Bx40/42 seem to have everything covered for anybody looking to do any significant crosstown travel. Like I said, it's only really in the Soundview area where a better crosstown route might work, because it's pretty isolated.

Would the new Bx46 count as a crosstown?

Nah, it's a short little shuttle.

Since I am on my phone I can't correct the post above, but like I said, you conveniently leave out the fact that you asked me multiple times why I was so dark for an Italian. When I replied in a separate PM I replied in a sarcastic and angry manner because I didn't like your remarks and the person I referred to as a piece of sh*t was ME, not some other person as you keep trying to imply I didn't appreciate your comments towards me, so why don't you be honest and admit what you really said??

First of all, I distinctly remember you talking about how a black lady grabbed you on the S53 because she couldn't reach the pole, and you talked about how "I don't want those filthy people touching me". So between that, plus those other comments you talk about "Oh, it's understandable how blacks can afford to live there" and "Oh, there's no way my neighborhood has blacks. It's too wealthy and safe", that alone is enough. Not to mention even in this very thread, you're referring to minorities as "riff-raff".

As for the comment itself, my point remains. It doesn't matter whether you were referring to yourself or somebody else. You blatantly made that comparison of skin color to fecal matter. And maybe if you didn't make comments like the ones I mentioned above, I wouldn't have wondered to ask the question. I was thinking "If this guy is mixed, why is he saying all this crap about blacks?". It didn't register in my mind that somebody could be racist against a race they are a part of. And I asked once. And don't give me that crap about "Oh, I was being sarcastic". Neither comment (the one about skin bleaching, nor the one about comparing skin color to fecal matter) was sarcastic. And I have nothing to hide. Everything I said was out in the open. I didn't call you names or make you out to be inferior or anything because of your background. You did that to yourself.

Nah... to go from the (2/5) to Hunts point proper takes on a more southerly direction... The Bx46 is more of a feeder than anything....

A crosstown for example would be like, well, the Bx12/Bx12 subway-bus synchronization (inside joke.. I call the Bx12 the crosstown subway)....

Or, if the Bx6 were to go to Pelham Bay Park [via today's Bx5] instead of Hunts point (which I remember someone suggesting on straps back in the day)... I wouldn't say both of those routes by themselves (Bx5 & Bx6) are bronx crosstowns though...

I guess you can consider the Bx40/42 to be a crosstown as well...

Wrong..... That wouldn't be a crosstown at all......

Another shameless plug of another blurted out idea of yours.....

If that Bx46 were to pan towards Van Cortlandt Park (1), it would be travelling NORTHbound....

Northwestbound.

Archived