Conductor #8094 Exam Questions

CR8094

Hi, I took the Conductor #8094 Exam in December 2008. I have a list number of 1162, is there any chance of being called in the near future? Also, I'm currently in Colllege full time and I have a couple of other personal reasons in which I may not be ready for the job at this time, so if I do get called in the near future is there away to reject the job and back on the list to be called at a future date or will they take me off the list and I will have to re-take the next exam to go on a new list? Also, last month I received a letter from the MTA inviting me to take the test for Bus Operator saying they have immediate openings for Bus Operators (which I didn't take the test for B/O since I don't have a driver's license). What is the purpose of this B/O exam if I'm on the list for conductor?

Hi, I took the Conductor #8094 Exam in December 2008. I have a list number of 1162, is there any chance of being called in the near future? Also, I'm currently in Colllege full time and I have a couple of other personal reasons in which I may not be ready for the job at this time, so if I do get called in the near future is there away to reject the job and back on the list to be called at a future date or will they take me off the list and I will have to re-take the next exam to go on a new list? Also, last month I received a letter from the MTA inviting me to take the test for Bus Operator saying they have immediate openings for Bus Operators (which I didn't take the test for B/O since I don't have a driver's license). What is the purpose of this B/O exam if I'm on the list for conductor?

You can ignore the previous post, a few crash test dummies got lose on the scene. Your list number is strong, Transit is slowly approaching 1000. You can expect them to contact you within the next 4-8 months, likely earlier. You may postpone your spot to a later date and then have yourself reinstated later on, just contact Transit they'll fill you in. I'm sure a few people will claim that they can do it and have done it, but with the chaotic scheduling Transit will put you through during your first few years, it's unlikely that during that time you can continue with your college education. You've got to work hard in the dark  and keep a level of service top notch to keep a job with Transit, but there's some job security and you can make some good money there. You have to decide which is better.

Archived