Flushing Meadow Park is Endagered by Mayor, USTA, Major League Soccer

FamousNYLover

I really don't like stadium event because I remember when Japanese friend invited my mom and me to Yankees game, but I don't like the huge crowd, and we weren't aware backpack wasn't allowed, so my mom had to flatten the bag. And it also made me sleepy as game ran very late.

That's why I don't like stadium.

watching the documentary about it, I wished they kept those stuff there. But like Epcot, eventually they'd need newer and more thrilling stuff if they want to remain relevant.

They went too far when they redid Epcot tho, the original Journey into Imagination ride was much better than the newer one with Eric Idle and  3d generated figment. The current Spaceship earth with the flash cartoon ending is hardly futuristic and inspiring like the previous version. 

Meh, I haven't been on those rides in a while. With the park hopper I just go to Epcot for the world showcase and the 2 thrill rides: mission space (orange) and test track. I go to the Hollywood studios and magic kingdom parks afterwards. To me I go to Disney for the thrill rides. The other stuff doesn't satisfy me much anymore.

To me, as long as the idea of a park, is still at Flushing Meadows Park, where there are benches, places to walk around, and trees, I see no problem is a little renovation to build a soccer field.

How did we get to discussing Epcot anyway?

The Worlds Fair, which is kind of like Epcot, was once held at Flushing Meadows Park.

As me and others growing up visiting Flushing Meadows Corona Park, watching Shea Stadium getting destroyed. watching people cutting down trees, and now from mayor bloomberg cutting drinks to banning styrofoam to building malls and stadium over the Park? I think we all had enough for bloomberg, he's old and getting coo-coo for his age. No more NYC. It's bloomberg city, lets not vote for him ever again. Let's save Mother Nature!!!!!

Mets suck (No Offense) so they don't need the extra parking, and i have never heard a problem with parking at Citi Field, Malls......why i see no point especially since Flushing is RIGHT THERE and a new mall just opened too.

I don't think that's a reason.

Archived