Should there be more stops on the eastchester/dyre avenue line.

kingal11234

@Minato: But there's one thing you don't think of. Is the station usage relatively low because more people take the bus/car or is it low because there's only 5 TPH? Sometimes ridership grows when the amount of service grows.

The ridership can be low because the density of the area around the line is quite low.

This is mainly dominated by single familly house.

The density around the northern section of the White Plains Road Line is clearly higher just by looking Google Earth, you can see it.

No. More service is needed. The Dyre line doesn't get enough service. I suggest some (2) trains not running to the yard run to Dyre.

Ridership is fairly low on the Dyre line. Already some 5's continue up White Plains, because they're needed there more than on Dyre.

Just curious did anybody pay any mind to what Trainmaster said?

Hes actually made some good points in a lot of threads here.

Or do thoughts from Past or present RTO Folks dont register?  Just saying...

Yes, and yes he did raise some good points.... I had the same questions he raised, back when I first saw/read/replied in this thread....

I'm not seeing this great demand along the Dyre line that warrants propping up new stations either, regardless of any unfilled gaps between stations the OP is making an issue out of....

Yes, and yes he did raise some good points.... I had the same questions he raised, back when I first saw/read/replied in this thread....

I'm not seeing this great demand along the Dyre line that warrants propping up new stations either, regardless of any unfilled gaps between stations the OP is making an issue out of....

No extra stations are needed but extra service, especially along Esplanade in rush hour, is.

I would like extra AM Rush service on the Esplanade segment of the (5). I say trains should run on a 6 minute clip instead of the 8-10 minutes they do now. Trains from Nereid can run once every 12 minutes. 

How about Late Night Shuttle. 5 line does run between Dyre Avenue to East 180 street. How many minutes should i wait. lol. joking.. A off -- topic statement.

I Used to Live off Baychester Years ago Then E tremont More recently...So I used the 5 Back then and still do on occasion when im in that part of the Bronx. I Like the Speedy Runs Along The Dyre Stretch. I think It Def shortens the commute outta that far part of the Bronx. Five stops comapred with 10 on White Plains!..I must Say though...I Remember when they Gave out those Subway Report cards and I filled out one askin for more 5 Service in General. I Used to see three to four 2 Trains Before a 5 Comes...Same scenario On Lexington Avenue with The 4s...Now it seems when I go Up the Eastside You see two or three 5s back to back! And less 4s...And I Love the Versatility of the Line which makes it my favorite...Neried-New lots...Dyre-Utica....Nereid-Flatbush...Dyre-Green...The combos go on lol...I Also Noticed that the Afternoon Runs to Nereid Actually Go to Nereid! 180 Tower/Dispatchers were GOOD for Sendin those to Dyre Ave Instead of 238 for some reason...( ive heard it was done only if a 2 and Nereid 5 Arrive Together) or they send it Exp to GunHill then Drop out. Either way Im Impressed with the Improvement in Overall 5 service..Big Ups to the General manager and MTA

Yes...the versitality...is really the nicest part...out there...The stretch along the Dyre is also the best...IMHO because it's so fast...because it used to be a railway. But still...a bit of extra service along Esplanade...is needed.

Archived