TTC To Get 126 Additional Articulated Buses

DJ MC

Good for Nova! I trust that brand.

It's good to see TTC is finally getting articulated buses again. The Ikaurs 286s (designated Orion IIIs and the second articulated buses bought by TTC) for some reason had corrosion issues, causing early retirements. OC Transpo on the other hand had the largest fleet of those buses anywhere (more then 170 units were bought new).

They had the same corrosion issues, but OC Transpo had those buses remanufactured. They even bought 15 more buses from TTC to add to their fleet, which gave them almost 190 buses. They ran until 2004, but at least OC Transpo replaced them with articulated buses. TTC retired them in 2000, but reactivated some due to high ridership and they ran until 2004 I think. 

Why would they take the option for the 126 even before they know how the first 27 will perform?

Keep in mind they did have a NovaBus LFS before. I don't know if that really makes a difference, but at least I'm bringing it up.

will thes be in the regular paint scheme?

2012104-bus.jpg

I can't believe I forgot about that one...!

I believe that's a first gen though. Whether these ones (3rd or 4th gen) will be satisfactory is a different matter. Should be, but you never know.

Only time will tell as the days and weeks go by, leading up to the delivery of the buses to the TTC.

Archived