CNG05 on Q39 this morning

jimbob60

I looked out my window this morning shortly before 9AM in Long Island City and saw CNG05 99xx running down Thomson Avenue on the Q39. The designation on the back of the bus clearly said Q39 but I could not get the full number. The bus must have gone out of rush hour service at Queens Plaza as it did not make a return trip to Ridgewood. All other buses running on the Q39 today are LGA buses. Is CP supplying some buses for LGA routes or has LGA taken a few CNG05's which I did not think was now possible. 

CP is sending buses over due to LGA's shortage. Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thx for the info. Just saw 9871 running on the 39 this evening - the distinctive sound of 05 CNG's. I thought all of LGA's CNG stations were taken down. Obviously not.

Thx for the info. Just saw 9871 running on the 39 this evening - the distinctive sound of 05 CNG's. I thought all of LGA's CNG stations were taken down. Obviously not.

LGA hasn't been capable of refueling gas buses since the CNG station blew up some years back.  As noted in another thread, the O5's are loaners that must be refueled each night at College Point.

Look at that CNG fuel burn:

126536342_c2f5fd8988.jpg

190871.jpg

Well, as I said in the C40LF thread, they're doing construction there anyways. Should've put in a new CNG filling station and then exercised the remaining C40LF (MTA) Bus option for LGA to get them some new local buses ASAP.

Archived