Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harry

NJ Transit ALP46 4604 at Aberdeen-Matawan

After meeting up with some of you at Stillwell I headed out to Lakewood after that I ended up at Matawan station to catch the 8:36 train.

How was traffic heading to Lakewood?

Not that bad at all. The only problem was the damn Belt Parkway but after that it was smooth sailing.

Trains crossing traffic at street level - now, that's something that many of us don't see every day!

Very nice video!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. You see that lady run across the tracks. It reminds me of that crazy video of the lady getting hit by that F unit.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. You see that lady run across the tracks. It reminds me of that crazy video of the lady getting hit by that F unit.

You guys should see how ppl cross HBLR tracks around here. And out in Newark with NLR and down in South Jersey with RL.

Yeah, for those of us that live in the city, we're just not used to it.

I was surprised myself to see the crossing gates go up when the train comes to a full stop at the station. I figured the gates would stay down just in case of an accidental roll or something.

I was surprised myself to see the crossing gates go up when the train comes to a full stop at the station. I figured the gates would stay down just in case of an accidental roll or something.

Harry,

The Crossing gates in Matawan at the station have a delay which allows them to go up when the train is on the platform. When the train leaves the station the conductor has a key which he uses to activate the gates.

Eric

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.